Guyver the Bioboosted Armor

Yeah, can't believe there's an english edition up and running when the series appeared in August....

But I did get Episodes 1 and 2 but they took me alllllll day and I lost the links where I got them.

one was done by a group called "Guyver Fansubs" the other is annoynomus and weren't very good, they used Windows movie maker and the subs were very poorly done, just the way they script it.

Finding a solid group whose going to work on it I think will be very tough.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And I'm also doing a bump here since its a few pages back from the top of the thread listings. And I'm tired of all the repeated threads.

Guyver Fansubs has Released Episode 4, I wont give away the location though I'm sorry :( But since Guyver Fansubs is a Torrent file, I'm sure you can find it just about any torrent orientated website.

However I'm up too Episode 9 of the Raw's, and I recommend just waiting till a fansub comes out for each episode, its REALLY hard to follow if you don't know japanese....its just alot of eye candy.

• 3 months later...

So after 26 episodes the Guyver series has ended, sadly I'm only up to episode 10 with two groups subbing.

First Group is Guyver Fansubs, it takes them maybe a month or so to really do an episode or two, the other is 3x3cut10n3r who aren't very bad, they use MKV encoding for really great picture quality.

Right now 3x3 have done 8-10 leaving off where Guyver Fansubs did with 7. 3x3 plans on making 1-7 and the rest of the 26 episodes as time goes on and they seem to be running hot.

But it looks like the Guyver series lasted 26 episodes, but I have NO CLUE how it ended.

Episode 13 is up, Tragedy of Enzyme II, we all know where that leads with Sho and his father Fumio fighting to the death...and Murakami appears in his Zoalord form for a brief moment.

Episode 14 is a bit of a mixture of the group trying to leave the forest and the battle between Guyver III, Murakami and 3 Enzyme II's.

Episode 14 wasn't bad, the group tries to escape and encounter the EII 02-04, Agito couldn't do squat to them, Sho looses his ability to transform, and Murakami uses his battleform and barely wins.

He also starts diving into his past and the secrets to the relics.

However Ep15 is when everything is practically revealed and it also turns into a Guyot versus Murakami in Zoalord forms.

• 4 months later...

Just watched the first 6 episodes of this new Guyver show and I have no idea why they even re-made it in this fashion since the story so closely matches the earlier Guyver t.v.s series and doesn't really bring too many new ideas in this incarnation. If you liked how the earlier Guyver show was super brutal and violent, this new version in my opinion is not for the kiddies, is not as brutal as the first incarnation. Even the animation wasn't as good as I thought it would be for a current generation anime, the designs and animation pretty much stack up to the old 90's version.

Well you've only seen the first 6 episodes, you've yet to see the large changes of the series such as different zoanoids, a deeper look into the origins of the Guyver, Sho coming to grips with the fact that the Guyver Cloned him after his death making him believe he's not the original sho, or Agito's true intentions on keeping sho around.

But then agian you're not gonna get anywhere near to knowing the truth since all the fansub groups stopped in the early teens for no reason.

But then agian you're not gonna get anywhere near to knowing the truth since all the fansub groups stopped in the early teens for no reason.

421727[/snapback]

I picked up some unknown fansub of all 26 episodes on bittorrent, so you don't have to wait for guyver fansubs and 3x3leetspeak to get off their collective asses.

Many voice actors who worked under ADV apparently have quit from what I've been told by those who have noticed VA's moving over to other companies who are VA's themselves......wait....yeah.

This is partially why ADV is releasing alot of the same shows in different box sets and styles in hoping to attract fans back by slashing prices and making the product looking more appealing.

This apparently has been an issue for ADV for well over a year now that they just aren't making any money and many people are just leaving their corperation. This would also explain why we hear alot of the same actors, producers, and mixers in alot of the new anime we've been seeing.

I think this was also a reason why ADV never picked up Shadow Chronicles, it's an unknown anime to most of the public and would take a pounding if it couldn't sell.

Not too mention it's been long over a year since Guyver came out and ADV has YET to release it in the states.

• 5 months later...

More then likely not. ADV is the key to bringing out this series since they're the ones who said they wanted a new Guyver anime....and seeing how they JUST released it here in the states...it'll be a very long time if they decide to do a season 2 if at all.

Not too mention I just watched the English version and it's down right horrible....I'm getting very sick and tired of these mediocre actors and bad name pronounciations.

That's very unfortunate to hear; I had hoped that this third animated incarnation would be the charm, but it seems that Guyver may (yet again) die prematurely :(

Re: dubbing. I haven't heard the "new" dub, but I distinctly remember the one from the old series, which was so awful that it sent chills down my spine, not to mention the fact that it completely changed the mood of the anime itself. For the worst. In short, I just opt for subtitles now.

I was able to watch a few fansubbed (excellent job, btw) episodes of the new series. As could be expected, it still doesn't quite follow the manga, but it's still watchable. I feel that the storyboarding, animation and fight sequences are still better in the original OVA(the first 6 episodes, anyway), but I'm inclined to overlook that for continuity's sake.

Out Of Control had some great animation; particularly in the first half, but it drops-off quite considerably in places; noteably when Sho makes his assault on the Chronos tanker, hacking his way through zoanoids, as well as when he assaults Vamore in the police station.

The original OVA series was more cnsistent in terms of animation, and carried though very nicely: Sho's battle with the Hyper Zoanoids and Enzyme were nicely rendered. The same battle with Enzyme in the new series left me rather, umm.. Flat.

Out Of Control had some great animation; particularly in the first half, but it drops-off quite considerably in places; noteably when Sho makes his assault on the Chronos tanker, hacking his way through zoanoids, as well as when he assaults Vamore in the police station.

My favourite part is when Unit II is bonding to Valkuria, AFTER the requisite sexplotation fanservice piece ^_^ Showing the armour slowly solidfying into it's hard form, seeing the details emerge into the final unit is just awesome.

The original OVA series was more cnsistent in terms of animation, and carried though very nicely: Sho's battle with the Hyper Zoanoids and Enzyme were nicely rendered. The same battle with Enzyme in the new series left me rather, umm.. Flat.

Indeed. I felt that while the animation in the new one is superior for the most part, the direction and choreography of the fights are just phenominally better in the original OVA. The only exception being the battle with Risker and Unit II. That was so much more entertaining in this new one.

I also watched this new Guyver OVA, so is it official there will be no continuation after Sho becomes the super-guyver thing at the end of the series? I am also hoping they re-release the PVC figures of Guyver II & III soon.

They reused some animation in the final fight between Guyver I and II but it still eclipses the fight in the OVA series for the same scene which ended rather quickly.

The fact that Guyver II was a woman was also extremely awesome! And the unneccessary fan service was just a bonus.

I personally liked the fact it was less true to the manga, it actually allowed the OVA to be significantly darker in tone. And the soundtrack is defintly one of my all time favourites.

I want a DVD release!

Finally decided to buy a Max Factory Guyver I figure yesterday after hesitating since it was released.

I’ve liked Guyver since watching the original OVA in the late 80s’ early 90’s. I just started watching the 2005 TV series, which I’m really enjoying, despite the somewhat dodgy subs on the HK bootleg DVD set

The glowing reviews of the Max Factory Guyver I figure on several websites convinced me to buy it.

Sculpt, articulation and paint application are all excellent, however, my particular Guyver I toy came with a number of problems.

Firstly, the left and right shoulder armor have an annoying tendency to pop off with whenever I move the arms, heck even just picking up the toy often causes the armor to fall off. None of the reviews mentioned this little quirk. If they did, it may have been a deal breaker. It’s a pity Max Factory couldn’t have come up with a more secure way to attach the shoulder armor.

Secondly, the left chest cover for the mega-smasher also falls off very easily when in the open position. I may have to coat the metal pin that holds on the cover with some clear nail varnish.

The last problem was the fit of the High-Frequency Swords on the forearms. The right sword fit too tightly on the forearm peg, whereas the left sword was too loose and constantly fell off. When I tried to remove the right sword, the black plastic peg in the forearm actually broke (the ball came off the end of the peg). Luckily, I was able to fix it.

Graham

Hi Graham.

Yeah, the figures sure look ok, but handleability (is that a word?) leaves something to be desired. Honestly, for the handsome price they're asking, I would have expected a LOT more.

Just outta curiosity, what are the guyver figures fetching all the way out there in HK?

The figures are getting pretty hard to find now. Most places are long sold out. I really had to hunt for my Guyver I and paid HK$300 (approx US$38.46).

Graham

I got the Guyver 1, and all the probs Graham mentioned I have on mine too. I think it's a great looking figure with great poseability but it's 'pose and don't touch'. And it falls over all the time. It happens so often I leave it there for days. In fact he's having a sleep as we speak. and he took all the Berserk figures with him.

I got my Guyver I at Frank & Sons late last year for I think between $40-50, kinda expensive since it is a small toy and nothing too amazing about it, but it's the only game in town. The one I got was the second run with the two different heads of Guyver. I haven't seen Guyver III at all, and the last I've seen Guyver II selling was on Yes! Asia.com up until last November right when I wanted to buy it and now they're out of stock. Dang it.