My 1/72 Hasegawa Battroid YF-19!

AlphaHX

Before you lay your eyes on my horrid creation, I have just one thing to say...

IVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE!!! :p

My previous model experience consists of a unfinished jacked up 1/100 Bandai variable VF-1S and snap-together Bandai Gundams. So... bare with me. :ph34r:

Anyways, moving onto my project, this is a kitbashed Hasgawa YF-19 and a Bandai VF-19 Fire Valk. Any part that I could use from Hasegawa's YF-19 kit, I tried to use. The rest is substituted with the VF-19 Fire Valk and added with putty... lots of it.

Theres still a LOT of work to do. I gotta detail up most of the putty areas and still got lots of sanding. Oh... and yeah, I'm making this posable. Theres going to be movable parts in the ankle, knee, waist, elbow, shoulder, and neck.

Oh yeah, also sorry about the pictures. I took them with my camera phone. Hopefully I can take better pictures later.

post-3-1109232735_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX

Wow, this is cool! Always thought the Bandai 1/100 valk was too chunky, glad to see someone combining the two. Looking forward to more.

I actually wasnt expecting to use the Bandai VF-19 but there were too many parts that I needed to make out of scratch which I felt was too much work. So I just decided to bust out my VF-19 kit and start to scrap for parts that I could use and putty to hell to make it work on a YF-19. :D

I'm really courios about how it will come out, I'm planning to mod my bandai 1/100 vf-19S/F in a Battroid only model.

IMO the front fuselage and the wings are in 1/100 scale and the remains are completely out of scale :p Orrible variable kit.

How did you do the knee joint?

I'm really courios about how it will come out, I'm planning to mod my bandai 1/100 vf-19S/F  in a Battroid only model.

IMO the front fuselage and the wings are in 1/100 scale and the remains are completely out of scale :p  Orrible variable kit.

How did you do the knee joint?

Haha, yeah the "1/100" scale is beyond screwed. Some parts of it are actually closer to 1/72 if anything. <_<:p

I'm actually planning to use the "1/100" wings than Hasegawa's 1/72 wings since after looking at the lineart, the wings on the battroid seemed to have magically shrunk compared to fighter mode. :blink:

I made the knee joints with screws. :D

See the shiny metal screw where the green circle is? ;)

post-3-1109355928.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX

Waiting for the putty to dry is a pain! :p

It takes pretty much an entire day for it to dry. :ph34r:

At least it dries as hard as rock tho. :D

Anyways, heres a picture update. Heres the head and the body. I added a ball joint for the neck. It came out a lot better than I thought. Its not too noticable.

post-3-1109393751.jpg

Quick update. I just got the joints on the leg for the wings so I'll be taking pictures of that as soon as it dries.

Also I'll be attaching the shoulders pretty soon. I'm so close to getting it put together! Just a few more parts. Shoulders, arms, and cod piece (still deciding to make this posable).

After that its all sanding and detailing... <_<:p

Hopefully I'll have more pictures by tonight. :)

Nice, better then anything I could do...a heh heh heh... :lol:

I was wondering though, are you going to add another joint to the thighs? That way, you could have him do yoga moves  ;)

Haha... I dont think I'll be having my 19 doing yoga anytime soon. The joints for the legs are still a bit displeasing to me so I might try to work something else later to make it better.

I got a few more pictures where I got the most of the main bases down. I just got one shoulder on today and decided to take some pictures.

Heres just a normal straight stance picture...

post-3-1109643863_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX

Killer work so far mate..... but have you considered making it so teh knee joint moves without leaving that big gap there? Maybe if you added soem detail stuff to the underside, or made it with a cowl that moves but covers the gaps? Impressive work all together. Cant wait to see it finished!