Guess who might direct the new Superman Movie....

Ladic

The original Superman movie with Christopher Reeve is awesome. Also, all of you trashing the idea of another Superman movie are going to see it anyway.  :rolleyes:

I'll repeat from before - 'that would be a big fat H#ll Naw.' ;)

But seriously, Stuperman sucks, he always has and more than likely always will. Overgrown Boy Scouts or Camp Fire Girls, (take you pick in this case) are boring and too one dimensional.

If, and I say this with a huge grain of salt, they were to add some depth to the character, and kill the whole bubble gum good is good and bad is bad routine of his character then it could possibly be interesting. Otherwise - <_<

And I tend to agree with Abombz on the whole Superhero, from Comic Book to Movie a bit overblown these days (maybe they always were) but perception is king - and I percieve too many craptastic Comic Book adapted films.

I tend to disagree with Abombz on the Green Lantern issue - Green Lantern should never be mentioned in the same sentence with the words lame, Spawn and queen.

At any rate it will be rather interesting to see how Hollywood plays this one out. Probably more interesting than the movie itself. :p

where is my Green Lantern movie????

If Spawn is the king of lame super heroes..... the Green Lantern is probably the queen!! <_<:p

WHAT??

Green Lantern rocks! i can't wait for a movie!

In Brightest day, in blackest night,

no evil shall escape my sight!

let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power- Green Lantern's light!

greatness, i tell you. it has all the makings for a franchise! the Green Lantern Corps patrol space, and could be written any number of sequels and stories!

The original Superman movie with Christopher Reeve is awesome. Also, all of you trashing the idea of another Superman movie are going to see it anyway.  :rolleyes:

But seriously, Stuperman sucks, he always has and more than likely always will. Overgrown Boy Scouts or Camp Fire Girls, (take you pick in this case) are boring and too one dimensional.

If, and I say this with a huge grain of salt, they were to add some depth to the character, and kill the whole bubble gum good is good and bad is bad routine of his character then it could possibly be interesting. Otherwise - <_<

And I tend to agree with Abombz on the whole Superhero, from Comic Book to Movie a bit overblown these days (maybe they always were) but perception is king - and I percieve too many craptastic Comic Book adapted films.

I tend to disagree with Abombz on the Green Lantern issue - Green Lantern should never be mentioned in the same sentence with the words lame, Spawn and queen.

At any rate it will be rather interesting to see how Hollywood plays this one out. Probably more interesting than the movie itself. :p

If you have the "misguided" notion that Superman sucks, may I suggest some required reading. Mark Waid and Alex Ross's Kingdom Come series, JLA, and Superman/Batman issues 1-2. Superman kicks boottay!!!

If you have the "misguided" notion that Superman sucks, may I suggest some required reading. Mark Waid and Alex Ross's Kingdom Come series, JLA, and Superman/Batman issues 1-2. Superman kicks boottay!!!

I've read the entire (4) part Kingdom Come series, I never said Supes was a wuss, I stated that the character as typically written or portrayed - Sux, big time.

Oh yeah and IIRC (and I can go brush up on my reading if need be) Shazam let his @$$ have it a couple times in book 3. <_<

But I digress about how the character was written in Kingdom Come, it was great. But will they make a movie about Supes with that much depth? Nope - and that's why the movie will more than likely be garbage and that is why I have a serious dislike for the character.

And don't start on Grant Morrison's JLA, without Batman that book would be nothing. B)

-b.

I've read the entire (4) part Kingdom Come series, I never said Supes was a wuss, I stated that the character as typically written or portrayed - Sux, big time.

Oh yeah and IIRC (and I can go brush up on my reading if need be) Shazam let his @$$ have it a couple times in book 3. <_<

But I digress about how the character was written in Kingdom Come, it was great. But will they make a movie about Supes with that much depth? Nope - and that's why the movie will more than likely be garbage and that is why I have a serious dislike for the character.

And don't start on Grant Morrison's JLA, without Batman that book would be nothing. B)

-b.

From what I read the production team are using the old 40's Max Fliescher Superman cartoons as source material. The movie might include Superman battling other Kryptonians. That doesn't sound like garbage to me.

From what I read the production team are using the old 40's Max Fliescher Superman cartoons as source material. The movie might include Superman battling other Kryptonians. That doesn't sound like garbage to me.

It's cool, Lone Wolf. :D

Again, as long as the writing gives the character some depth - then green light it.

Otherwise just another blah attempt at Hollywood capitalizing on an over-rated one dimensional character. Hey, you never know they might base the movie off of Superman Blue - and Red from a couple years back. :p

-b.

Either way I dont care who directs the movie or if superman is a lame character, what's the official story to the next sequal about?

Is it the death of Superman where Apocalypse shreds him or the aging superheroes of Kingdom Come?

All I know is that the movie might be a retelling of his origin with a new spin.

Either way I dont care who directs the movie or if superman is a lame character, what's the official story to the next sequal about?

Is it the death of Superman where Apocalypse shreds him or the aging superheroes of Kingdom Come?

i think the guy that killed him was named doomsday. Apocalypse is a nemesis of the X-men.

All I know is that the movie might be a retelling of his origin with a new spin.

Wasn't that idea scrapped? I remember fans got really pissed when someone came up with that idea.... it was pretty messy. :blink:

Wasn't that idea scrapped? I remember fans got really pissed when someone came up with that idea.... it was pretty messy. :blink:

At this point nothing would surprise me. Not even a cameo from Streaky the Supercat. :lol:

damn.....it's been like 5 years since i've heard that they were making a superman movie...

IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE MADE!!!!

it was done just perfectly already....why change it around now?

damn AOL-Time Warner just wants to waste money, i guess...let them make the movie and see how bad they do....i'll be sitting in the back row laughing my @$$ off, while it all goes to pieces

I'm not a big fan of US style Superheros. I stopped reading Superhero Comics when I was 12. To be honest I find the whole men-in-tights concept extremely lame.

However, I did enjoy the Christopher Reeve Superman movies as a kid and also enjoyed the Lois & Clark and Smallville TV shows (nice lite 'switch off the brain and relax' entertainment). I really don't think we need another remake of Superman movie though. As others have said, Christopher Reeve nailed the role.

Personally, I think Hollywood needs to give Superhero movies a break. Although the recent X-Men movies were watchable, I found both the Hulk and Daredevil to be real stinkers. And let's not even go into the last few Batman movies.

Also, I'm glad Brett Ratner is off the project. I worked on one of his movies in HK once a few years ago (IIRC it was Rush Hour) and didn't get a very good impression of the guy.

Graham

Yah, I dont really like american style superheros.

Everyone knows Tekkaman will always reigh supreme. Tekkaman can destroy any other superhero, anytime, anywhere. Tekkaman has the most awesome outfit also.

As far as american superheros, Captain America is one of the best ^_^ And IronMan. The two best ones. Captain America is cool, because he symbolizes the great stuff in America. Most of which is gone these days.. Bu thats another story. He's awesome ^_^

-BEN-MAN-

Personally, I think Hollywood needs to give Superhero movies a break. Although the recent X-Men movies were watchable, I found both the Hulk and Daredevil to be real stinkers. And let's not even go into the last few Batman movies.

...Graham

Yep. Or at least come up with something new. I am really exhausted from the rehash of old comics.

I dunno...

I'm still not sold of the fact that we need another Superman movie. The Christopher Reve version isn't that old. Besides I think it is kind of disrespectfull to him, at least wait till he dies. As long as he is alive he shouldn't be known as the "guy who WAS Superman," he should just be called "Superman."

Hee... but saying "let's wait 'til he dies" is respectful? ;)

Seriously, the better a director they can put on the project and the less "marketing" the producers and studio can try to force into the flick... the better the movie will be.

Personally, I'd love to see M. Night do a Superman flick, but I don't think it's likely. He seems to be having plenty of success doing what he's doing... why take a chance at pissing off a million Superman fans?

I dunno...

I'm still not sold of the fact that we need another Superman movie.  The Christopher Reve version isn't that old.  Besides I think it is kind of disrespectfull to him, at least wait till he dies. As long as he is alive he shouldn't be known as the "guy who WAS Superman," he should just be called "Superman."

Hee... but saying "let's wait 'til he dies" is respectful? ;)

I think so... Maybe said better, while he is alive there shouldn't be another Superman movie made. It IS only 20 years old anyway. No one is talking about remaking Rambo, or some other high budget 80's movie.

damn.....it's been like 5 years since i've heard that they were making a superman movie...

IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE MADE!!!!

it was done just perfectly already....why change it around now?

damn AOL-Time Warner just wants to waste money, i guess...let them make the movie and see how bad they do....i'll be sitting in the back row laughing my @$$ off, while it all goes to pieces

I believe the movie will be made because they're already scouting locations for Smallville. Listen it takes time for movies to be made even longer for comic book inspired ones. It took maybe 10 years for X-Men to reach the silver screen. And don't get me started on the Spider-man movie rights debacle. Super-heroes aren't lame and there's been a resurgance maybe due to succeses in other media like tv and movies. Both Marvel and DC have reported sell-out books like JLA/Avengers, Batman, and Teen Titans. Super- Heroes are back. To quote the great Stan Lee, "Excelsior"!!! B)