vf pics on uss flagg

Ali Sama

YOu know looking at it, aside from the figure sized portions, the ship almost looks about 1:48 scale. Heck with some tweaking of a beat to Shreg on I bet one of the customizers on here could make it into a decent 1:48 scale carrier with multiple cats and arrestor lines. Anybody up for that one?

i'm lovin it, wicked cool man.  B))

i wish i had the flagg...whats one of those running these days?

Depends. Complete, $250-$300. incomplete over $200 depending on incomplete. MISB-$1000

eh, a bit to rich for my blood.

maybe if they remake it one day, i'll pick it up for $100.

its still pretty good definitely a cool way to display your valks.

Depends. Complete, $250-$300. incomplete over $200 depending on incomplete. MISB-$1000

I paid about $450 for the first USS Flagg I bought (the one in the pics) about a year ago. It came 100% complete (pretty rare when you count all the small pieces & often lost pieces like the deck clips, fan tail guard rail, speaker/horn system, etc.). The second USS Flagg I bought was about $350 and is only missing two deck clips. It has about 85% of the stickers still on the sheet and looks like it was built and displayed for about a day and then put back into the box. That Flagg is in storage at my parents house because I only have room to display one right now.

I use the USS Flagg as a backdrop primarily for my GI Joe collection, which is much more extensive than my Macross collection, but I always have fun landing a new Valkyrie on the deck for the first time and then launching it again. Much more fun than the two Skystrikers I usually have parked on it.

It has plenty of room even for the 1/48's and 1/55's, but just imagine how many Yamato 1/60's would fit on the deck...

eh, a bit to rich for my blood.

maybe if they remake it one day, i'll pick it up for $100.

its still pretty good definitely a cool way to display your valks.

USS Flaggs (in excellent condition) are bit pricey, but they are definietly worth it. Especially compared to how much one 1/48 Low Vis or any of the vintage valks cost. It's 7 1/2 feet long and 3 1/2 feet tall with hundreds of parts and cost about $100 when it was first released in '85. I doubt Hasbro or any other company will ever release a toy of this size and intricacy again for that price, or if at all.

I paid about $450 for the first USS Flagg I bought (the one in the pics) about a year ago. It came 100% complete (pretty rare when you count all the small pieces & often lost pieces like the deck clips, fan tail guard rail, speaker/horn system, etc.). The second USS Flagg I bought was about $350 and is only missing two deck clips. It has about 85% of the stickers still on the sheet and looks like it was built and displayed for about a day and then put back into the box. That Flagg is in storage at my parents house because I only have room to display one right now.

I use the USS Flagg as a backdrop primarily for my GI Joe collection, which is much more extensive than my Macross collection, but I always have fun landing a new Valkyrie on the deck for the first time and then launching it again. Much more fun than the two Skystrikers I usually have parked on it.

It has plenty of room even for the 1/48's and 1/55's, but just imagine how many Yamato 1/60's would fit on the deck...

you shoudl get the sd/jke machines or th etoynakie eq. and use them to crew the ship lol

If anyone can read Japanese, there's info here on this site on a 1/10 scale Yamato model displayed at this museum

http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~kureship/index1.htm

http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~kureship/041001ship/yamato0927.jpg[ /IMG]

If they'd only get started on a 1/10 scale Space Cruiser Yamato I'd be there in NO TIME.

If they put in glow/ combustion engines into this 1/10 Yamato BB, airsoft for the guns and RC for controls, and give me a decent-sized lake to drive (and shoot) this thing in, I'll be there in a heartbeat too! :D:lol::D

Of course, the US should respond with a 1/10 Iowa BB too, to have balance of power....

At any rate, this isn't quite what this thread is about. Is the USS Flagg really a good scale display for Yamato 1/60s?

I'm been meaning to have some sort of ship deck display for my three valks, but space constraints sort of nuked that idea. 'Epecially liked the idea of scratch-building a catapult, if I could only find the necessary information...

I have most of the deck plates for the USS Flagg packed away at home. I pulled them out when I first started collecting 1/60s and it seemed that those or 1/72s would be the best fit (of course, this was ages before I got a digital camera). I really suppose it depends on what type of carrier you want to emulate. It would look just about right for 1/48s or 1/55s if you were trying to emulate one of the older Forrestal-class carriers, while it's good for 1/60 and 1/72 for a Kitty Hawk or Nimitz class carrier. That's a rough estimate though.

IF you want to know how big a 1:72 scale Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier model would be, check this out. This is a picture I took in Fredricksburg, TX at the Nimitz museum about a year ago with my nephew's digital camera.

post-4-1107388265_thumb.jpg

IF you want to know how big a 1:72 scale Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier model would be, check this out. This is a picture I took in Fredricksburg, TX at the Nimitz museum about a year ago with my nephew's digital camera.

It'd be nice to see a fleet of Valkries on that thing!