Yamato yf-11B

Feyd-Rautha

hmmmm,

hey guys..I am looking for imput on the imfamous yf-11B and it's horrible hip design.

I love the look of this toy but for years have abstained from buying one(orig or fastpack ver)

is there any hope for this bastard yamato?.

i thought i might get more imput that posting in "whats wrong with my...thread"...espcially since i dont OWN one yet! ;)

so,what's the final word on salvaging this toy from it's horrible hipp-itis???

thanks for imput on a old/tiredtopic...it's greatly appreciated! :D

You do realize that the VF-11 Fast Pack version has a sturdier hip, right? I've had one since they were firt released, transformed it many times, even took the thing to work with me and played with it there, and I have had no problem with the hip breaking. Nor have I heard of the hip breaking on anyone else's.

between the two the vf-11b and the vf-11b FP, which one do you guys prefer?

i lean more toward the vf-11b, just because it was a first release and the first macross + toy

The YF-19 was the first Macross Plus toy that Yamato released, followed by the YF-21. The VF-11B was the third Macross Plus toy they released.

Personallly, I prefer the FP version of the VF-11B, mainly for the nicely sculpted pilot figure. I definitely prefer the color of the gunpod on the original release though.

Graham

I picked up my VF-11B for the first time in a year and the leg just kind of dropped off in my hand. :blink:

There was no pop or crunch that one usually hears when a part breaks on a plastic toy.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement part? I am wondering if I might be better off to just buy the fastpack version.

But I want my $$ to go toward newer toys, not to replace toys I have already bought. <_<

Anyone got any help for me?

• 2 weeks later...

both hips broke on mine <_< i used a metal rod to fix it, it is a nice looking toy i like the design for both the fighter and battroid, but damn those hips are pathetic :( if you are going to get any get the Fast pack version.

chris

Anyone else prefer the YF-IIB FP more than the regular version?

Well, I never had the... enjoyment of owning an original VF-11b, I did pick up a FAST pack VF-11b, and I'm a very happy customer. I've always assumed that I'd be bugged by the shoulder bars, but truthfully, they don't bother me at all.

However, I do find myself wishing that Yamato came up with a better heat shield... At least they gave you two...

I don't know what the original was like (keep hearing it was fragile?) but I am happy with FP version of vf11b.

For anyone out there who was worried about anything breaking on this toy: don't be. It's sturdy and I've transformed it many times and don't feel as if anything is going to come off.

Actually the VF11b FP gets more love from me than the FP yf21. I can't stand the purple color they used instead of blue. grr..

Also the yf21 tends to have floppy legs and the backpack pops out (doesn't clip down as firm as I would like) when you have it in battroid mode sometimes. My head laser cracked when it fell off my desk while it was in gerwalk mode. It would have been good if yamato made the head laser part out of a softer, more flexible material like they have on this bandai 1/65 vf17 that I've recently got. Really light and safe to handle.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker