Should I get the Roy or the Hikaru vf-1s (1/48)?

jfr01

I'm thinking about buying my first 1/48. I'm quite sure I wanna start with the vf-1s, but I can't choose whether I should get the hikaru or the roy one. I prefer the roy character but I think the red one(hikaru) is nicer looking..I think.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

The history of the two is also important. It was quite a long time ago I watched the series but as I remember roy died and hikaru got the vf-1s and a new paint job. Are there more things I should consider. I'm really suffering(partially kidding..) here cus I can't order one until I know which one to get and I can't afford buying them both.

Grateful for any help.

Best Regards

James

post-4-1106944522.jpg

Can you even find a Hikaru anywhere?

Those are out of print now, so consider yourself lucky if you can find one at a good price.

They are both very nice though.

In my opinion, i would get Roy.

His skull Leader VF-1S has alwys been my favorite.

In the end it's up to you though.

My vote is for Roy.

But since Hikaru is harder to find now, get that if it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.

Either way you can't really go wrong.

1/48's are da bomb!!!!!!!!!!

>EXO< did your avatar just blink at me!?!?

I must be seeing things......

it ain't u...it's one of them movin' pics he posted :lol: ...btw EXO...who's the chick on ur avatar? i know it ain't Godzilla like it says on ur sig :p

I say if you get the hikaru, then you have to get the fastpacks as well. But if you get the roy, then you don't really have to get the fastpacks. Hikaru 1s was shown only with fastpacks on. Roy has been shown with and with out. So I say get the roy as it's easier to get than the Hikaru and it'll be cheaper. ;):p:D:lol:

it ain't u...it's one of them movin' pics he posted :lol: ...btw EXO...who's the chick on ur avatar? i know it ain't Godzilla like it says on ur sig :p

You guys have been staring at the screen too long. It's just a still... lol.

It's Godzilla!! Who woulda thunk a hot chick like that would own 60 1/48s, inc. 10 Low Vizzes.... :p

If you right click and view image you see a larger version... ;)

Edited by >EXO<

The Roy is definitely easier to find and (generally) more reasonably priced than the hikkie right now. It also was seen a lot more in the tv series and the hikkie only appeared in DYRL. So, I say get the hikkie if you're really enamored with the paint scheme or money is not too tight, but get the Roy if you want to save yourself some dough. BEWARE: You can say "oh, I'll just get one" but sooner rather than later, you'll decide you want another....and another...

You guys have been staring at the screen too long. It's just a still... lol.

It's Godzilla!! Who woulda thunk a hot chick like that would own 60 1/48s, inc. 10 Low Vizzes.... :p

If you right click and view image you see a larger version... ;)

>EXO<, Lay off the crack...

Oh back on topic. Get a roy now. since they are more pleniful for now.

The Roy is definitely easier to find and (generally) more reasonably priced than the hikkie right now. It also was seen a lot more in the tv series and the hikkie only appeared in DYRL. So, I say get the hikkie if you're really enamored with the paint scheme or money is not too tight, but get the Roy if you want to save yourself some dough. BEWARE: You can say "oh, I'll just get one" but sooner rather than later, you'll decide you want another....and another...

And you will get 60 like me and Kensei! :lol: It's a disease I tell ya!

I collected my first Yamato 1/48 Hikaru version VF-1S last week. I am planning to get the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1A as well. I like Hikaru's 1A & 1S because he is the main character both in TV and in the Movie version. The only difference is the Valkyrie's heads, the numbers:001,011 and the rest is the same Red color instead of Yellow, and I think Red looks nicer than yellow (Only in my Opinion) . I own a 1/60 Roy 1S with Fast pack. Both of Roy's and Hikaru's 1S is nice. I think if possible you should get both, but I will get Hikaru's if there's only one choice.

Good luck

Hicks

It's a fricken bad disease I tell ya. Godzilla, sithlord and I are the most heavily affected. I got to stop working overtime before I kill myself.

It's pretty epidemic here at MW, this 1/48 craze.

I suggest you get the VF-1S Roy. Both Hikaru and Roy have flown it. Everyone knows about the famed Skull leader, but not DYRL? Hikaru. Then again, what you are buying is a DYRL? Roy.

My vote goes for the HIKARU VF-1S, but of course when it comes to stuff like this, it's just a matter of preferrence :D ! But of course, it's just like what the guys are saying, ya might wanna "settle" for the ROY since the other one is really scarce nowadays.

Roy's VF-1S was pretty scarce before until there was a 2nd and 3rd reissue. I believe there's enough to go around. Of course, demand for this is higher so it may as well be hard to get.

Hikaru, on the other hand, was left with initial poor sales making a 2nd run difficult to imagine. I think Hikaru will be harder to find in the future so I suggest getting this first. I just love the color scheme and it was bad-a$$ in the final scene of DYRL?

Roy then Hikaru. There's something special about Roy's because Roy's is the very first test valk in the tv series wasn't it? (could be wrong though) So you could say his is not just more recognised but more iconic whereas Hikaru's 1S is a new plane altogether (since in the movie roy's blew up) so it's not "as special". :D

I think yamato should release the tv 1s w fastpack like they did with milia and max, since to me the special thing about it is that both Roy and Hikaru use it and it never totally gets destroyed. Again it's got that something special about it for being iconic. (being the same plane since the first episode without blowing up, having the most appearances, looking the best, possibly having stuff in it customised etc)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It's a fricken bad disease I tell ya. Godzilla, sithlord and I are the most heavily affected. I got to stop working overtime before I kill myself.

It's pretty epidemic here at MW, this 1/48 craze.

I suggest you get the VF-1S Roy. Both Hikaru and Roy have flown it. Everyone knows about the famed Skull leader, but not DYRL? Hikaru. Then again, what you are buying is a DYRL? Roy.

Yeah, it is a disease. No cure. No cure at all. All I do is buy anything Macross. It use to be 1/60s but when I saw the 1/48s, I skipped them b/c of the price then they (Yamato) had to make the low vis 1/48. What do I go do? Buy 1 and as the commercial says: you cant get 1. :rolleyes:

65 Valks by itself is a feat. And if and when they do make a 1/48 VF-1D, VT-1 Super Ostrich, and VE-1, I am so screwed... :ph34r: