VF-1A animation render

DatterBoy

Very nice, though it still lacks a pilot, the leg extension pistons, and the shoulder impinges on the wing in Gerwalk mode a couple times, plus the control surfaces are completely inert. Other then that it is great.

Good animation. I see some errors thought. Looks like the beganing animation is a little choppy, then it go great untill the transformation to the Soldier. On the left leg if seems that you may have some extruding polygons emurging from the thigh of the left leg.

Great model. Time is great just some choppyness and the polygon on the leg.

Sorry, I normally rant on when I am on CGITalk or XSIbase.

Edited by broadshore

Good animation. I see some errors thought. Looks like the beganing animation is a little choppy, then it go great untill the transformation to the Soldier. On the left leg if seems that you may have some extruding polygons emurging from the thigh of the left leg.

Good points. But I see that you have some errors of your own. First off, its "though", not thought. Second, its beginning with an "i" and two "n". Third, until is spelled with one "l" not two and why is it called a soldier and why is the "s" capitalized? Next, the word you were looking for was probably protruding no "extruding". Also emerging is spelled with an "e", not "u". Lastly, choppiness is spelled with and "i", not "y". Theres also a run on sentence but I'm not going to go into that.

Great points. Just a lot of spelling errors.

Sorry, I like to rant on people who rant on other people.

Edited by AlphaHX

Good points. But I see that you have some errors of your own. First off, its "though", not thought. Second, its beginning with an "i" and two "n". Third, until is spelled with one "l" not two and why is it called a soldier and why is the "s" capitalized? Next, the word you were looking for was probably protruding no "extruding". Also emerging is spelled with an "e", not "u". Lastly, choppiness is spelled with and "i", not "y". Theres also a run on sentence but I'm not going to go into that.

that was uncalled for. the dude was just offering some constructive criticisms. It is not like he panned the effort.

'sides, ain't no one hear speaking good engrish all da time anyhows.

:p

that was uncalled for. the dude was just offering some constructive criticisms. It is not like he panned the effort.

Theres a thin line between constructive criticisms and being "nit picky". I find his comments "nit picky". As an artist myself, I dont mind constructive criticisms. In fact, I like it. I feel that it helps me improve. But being "nit picky" is another thing. Thats just pointing out flaws for the sake of pointing out flaws. I even feel that Knight26 comments was a bit picky but I still feel that it was constructive criticism and could be quite helpful. Btw Knight26, I wasnt talking about you. I found your comments to be quite helpful and could actually help Datterboy progress along nicely. I'm actually glad that you contributed.

If I was out of line, I'm sorry but I really do feel that broadshore was a tad out of line. I was just defending a fellow MWer. Datterboy shared a great piece of work and I dont feel that the "nit picky" criticisms were necessary. Especially when the video is obviously far from finished. Datterboy was kind of enough to share his progress. So as I said before, I dont mind constructive criticism but I will continue to defend my fellow MWers if I feel that they have crossed the line. I rather it be me to take the heat than Datterboy.

Theres a thin line between constructive criticisms and being "nit picky". I find his comments "nit picky". As an artist myself, I dont mind constructive criticisms. In fact, I like it. I feel that it helps me improve. But being "nit picky" is another thing. Thats just pointing out flaws for the sake of pointing out flaws. I even feel that Knight26 comments was a bit picky but I still feel that it was constructive criticism and could be quite helpful. Btw Knight26, I wasnt talking about you. I found your comments to be quite helpful and could actually help Datterboy progress along nicely. I'm actually glad that you contributed.

If I was out of line, I'm sorry but I really do feel that broadshore was a tad out of line. I was just defending a fellow MWer. Datterboy shared a great piece of work and I dont feel that the "nit picky" criticisms were necessary. Especially when the video is obviously far from finished. Datterboy was kind of enough to share his progress. So as I said before, I dont mind constructive criticism but I will continue to defend my fellow MWers if I feel that they have crossed the line. I rather it be me to take the heat than Datterboy.

Sorry if I sounded harsh.. I was half making light half serious...

for me, both knight's and broadshore's comments were in the same vein, they just focused on different aspects. Knight offered helpful comments about the model and its state of completeness and broadshore made some helpful comments on the technical merits of the model and the render.

I don't see what the difference is.. both comments are short, neither is dersive or demeaning. Both list some specific areas that could use further refinement. In fact, broadshore actualy compliments both the model and the animation. And while broadshore lists what... two areas that need work (chopiness and errant polygon) knight lists several areas that need work, lack of pilot, control surfaces inactive, lack of leg pistons, and lack of shoulder detail. I would have to say that if we are going to compare compliments to criticisms, knight is the far more "nit picky" poster (not saying that you are knight :) ).

Anyways, as an artist myself and well aquainted with the critique process, I just feel that whenever someone offers something up to the public forum, feedback from interested and knowledgable sources should be respected and encouraged and not hacked apart for perceived flaws in delivery, as long as said comments are themselves respectful and courteous, which once again, I feel broadshore's are.

end rant.

ahem... back on topic, has Kingnor made a more complete model and render of this yet..? cuz I still think it's quite nice.

First one: ooookay... letting that one slide for now.

Second: If you ever do a job with animation and they see that. They’ll look at it and say. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! It crap! trust me. I have been there! If you consider that nit picky of the animation? Sorry to say it. Not being mean or C but it real cuthroat out there. They want the best!

Third: Helping the animator in the areas that REALLY needs the help is a big thing. If he or she was going to use this animation in a demo reel, thrust me, they well garbage the Tape.

Now, back to the model itself.

You got the telant like I said before. Great Model..

Kingnor! you got yourself a great start of an awesome model. Truthy, I'm Jealous. Check your Keyframes. I don't how it works with Lightwave but I believe it almost like XSI. See if you have a animation Mixer or something that you can control the animation itself. Play around with it. Some fine tuning would help with the jumping. As for the polygon, I'm thinking you could have and extra poly in that thigh. You should double check that.

Good luck and keep up the work! I want to see MORE!

Edited by broadshore

First one: ooookay... letting that one slide for now.

Second: If you ever do a job with animation and they see that. They’ll look at it and say. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! It crap! trust me. I have been there! If you consider that nit picky of the animation? Sorry to say it. Not being mean or C but it real cuthroat out there. They want the best!

Third: Helping the animator in the areas that REALLY needs the help is a big thing. If he or she was going to use this animation in a demo reel, thrust me, they well garbage the Tape.

Now, back to the model itself.

You got the telant like I said before.  Great Model..

Kingnor! you got yourself a great start of an awesome model. Truthy, I'm Jealous. Check your Keyframes. I don't how it works with Lightwave but I believe it almost like XSI. See if you have a animation Mixer or something that you can control the animation itself. Play around with it. Some fine tuning would help with the jumping. As for the polygon, I'm thinking you could have and extra poly in that thigh. You should double check that.

Good luck and keep up the work! I want to see MORE!

Like I've said before, its obviously unfinished. Key word... unfinished. So why are you trying to be so "professional" about it? Thats like looking at a sketch and saying it sucks because its not colored. :blink:

Also, who said it was for "out there" so why the need to be "cutthroat"? I draw plenty of pictures that arent for "out there", its just for fun and to pass time. All I'm saying is from nothing assumed, this was just a post from a member showing us his progress of his work. Theres no need to be "nit picky". Sure you're not nit picky compared to the "real" people "out there" but none of us said anything about them or their work so why compare? If you're from that industry. Cool. I have no problems with that. But that doesnt mean you need to bring the industry's standards here.

I dont want to off topic too much than I already have. Seriously, I have nothing against you. I'll admit that my post was harsh. I apologize. But like I said before, I rather take the heat instead of Datterboy. All I'm saying is lighting up on the "constructive critism". This is a forum about Macross, not CGing, not animation, etc. I understand if you're in a CG forum and you're planning to go into the animation industry, critism like that will be nothing but helpful. But for here, lighting up. We share our works for the fun of it. To give Macross fans eye candy, etc. Its all for fun, no need to be so constructive. ;)

P.S.

If you feel like criticizing stuff. I have a Macross Wallpaper section in the fan works here that I've posted a bunch in that you can bash all you want... and trust me, I'll give you plenty to bash about. Theres a bunch of wallpaper that I dont even like but just posted for the fun of it. Just criticizing my stuff tho. ;)

Edited by AlphaHX