The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

This is awesome.  Look at the engine.  Now note that that V10 M5 engine is not sitting in a M5.

Hartge is up to some craziness with this car.

http://www.germancarfans.com/tuners.cfm/tunerid/7051123.001

347606[/snapback]

thats insane...

and how people complain about the way Bangle cars look is totally beyond me.. (besides the "fast and furious" decals) I think the new 3 looks fantastic. its how cars are gonna be looking for the next 5 years or so- its all about the origami lines. out with the jelly bean cars in with the chisled sculptures.

7051123.001.1L.jpg

Edited by Poonman

Could it have been one of the Unique Performance cars? In addition to the "Elanors," they're now building "continuation" GT-350's with Shelby's blessing, and I know they like to display their offerings at some of the larger vintage racing events. The guys at those events are pretty much a prime consumer base; lots of disposable income and a love for outrageous, overpowered toys.

Hey, what am I saying? Like the old addage goes: "you can never have too much horsepower!"

post-1488-1133061549_thumb.jpeg

Edited by reddsun1

I guess what a lot of people like in the old GTR was the ability of the RB to take the stress of all the extra aftermarket modified HP up to over 4 digits. So even if the new GTR comes with 400-500hp stock but if it new block starts cracking up at 700-800 hp or lower, yeah its never gonna be the same.

347537[/snapback]

Well, the RB got over 4 digit HP ratings after the motor was torn apart, reinforced, and rebuilt. I suspect if the VQ has the same ability, then the same steps must be taken. The wonderful thing about the RB was the torque/hp gained off of simple (and cheap) bolt on mods, that turned it from sports car, to super car overnight without any professional tuning.

If Nissan wants to retain the cult following of the GT-R they will release this car with a completely redesigned VQ (same shape, different materials, like the RB25 compared to the RB26) that will basically be built to be awesome out of the box, but also have the ability to pull massive hp with little to no work. The original GT-R had its turbo plumbing setup in a way where if you wanted to change the turbos, you could just about use any aftermarket turbo on the market (more specifically garrett or HKS).

I highly doubt Nissan is going to screw up on the biggest accomplishment of their company (to put into perspective, it's like how the 911 is the pride of porsche, as the GT-R is to Nissan). But, nothing can really be said about the new GT-R until it's released, so everyone just has to sit and wait to see what develops.

in my former house, my neighbor owned a vintage GT350, that car is really beautiful.

347893[/snapback]

Go back and steal it.

348029[/snapback]

will you help me sell it on the black market? :ph34r::p:lol:B))

348046[/snapback]

We'll just grind off the VIN number, cut a different one from a wreking yard.

in my former house, my neighbor owned a vintage GT350, that car is really beautiful.

347893[/snapback]

Go back and steal it.

348029[/snapback]

348046[/snapback]

348048[/snapback]

Eh, that wouldn't work as the VIN is one of the keys for older Shelby's. I imagine if you even found a Shelby shell to grab the VIN it'd be more than a few thousand. Best bet would be to black market it or sell it overseas!

Anyway, to add something constructive to this thread, I sold This baby for This new one. I know a lot dig on the classic and it was a great car but I can't put car seats in the damned thing!

Edited by fearyaks

347893[/snapback]

Go back and steal it.

348029[/snapback]

348046[/snapback]

348048[/snapback]

1st you need a black leather, sunglasses and talk with your hands a lot,

personally thiers enough reproduction stuff whier you can get better performance and not be afraid to drive it ie $30,000 into a fast back v6 car verses a value of 70-100,000 (or more now) into a real shelby car

Just call it a clone and you'll still reap in a good profit for it. Cars that aren't authentic are commanding a respectable dollar amount these days. Heck, as far as I'm concerned just about any classic muscle car has the potential to incite senseless behavior. At the last cruise night that I attended, this bloke wanted to trade his '05 Mustang GT convertible for my '69 Charger.

Edited by myk

Anyway, to add something constructive to this thread, I sold This baby for This new one.  I know a lot dig on the classic and it was a great car but I can't put car seats in the damned thing!

348057[/snapback]

The Audi S4 is great.....great performance car with 4 doors so the family can ride along. I got 2 car seats at the back of my C55 AMG. :D

Anyway, to add something constructive to this thread, I sold This baby for This new one.  I know a lot dig on the classic and it was a great car but I can't put car seats in the damned thing!

348057[/snapback]

The Audi S4 is great.....great performance car with 4 doors so the family can ride along. I got 2 car seats at the back of my C55 AMG. :D

348202[/snapback]

Yeah I was looking at the C55s too but the boss (wife) has 'issues' with MBs so that idea was nixed. After deciding that it'd be foolish to get a used M5 I basically chose between the S4 and the IS350. I dig on the IS350 but the manual transmission on the S4 sold me.

348057[/snapback]

348202[/snapback]

Yeah I was looking at the C55s too but the boss (wife) has 'issues' with MBs so that idea was nixed. After deciding that it'd be foolish to get a used M5 I basically chose between the S4 and the IS350. I dig on the IS350 but the manual transmission on the S4 sold me.

348367[/snapback]

Manual is a definite on a car like an S4 (for me, it's pretty much any car). I know the IS350 is coming with a manual but you have to wait another year, just like when the IS300 was released.

It looks like a whole bunch of cars glued together (head lights like a peugot, rear half of a lotus, hood from a XJ220) it looks like Jaguar and Lotus came together and built a car. What motor does it use? Toyota? The interior looks a bit odd, the stick looks remenascent of male organs, but overall the car has a cool presence. Any specs on it?

EDIT - Grammar

Edited by emajnthis

Heh... interesting looking car but nothing really unique stands out about it. Perhaps I'm a bit jaded with super cars these days but a lot of them tend to start clumping together. With the exception of the Porsches you'll often not know what you're looking at (could be a Ferarri, Lambo, Aston). With a Porsche you'll always know based on the lines.

Note - I'm not a super car buff hence my 'clumping' of Ferarris, Lamborghinis and Astons together.

I do think the interior is cool looking (minus the phallic shifter).

How is that worthy of news? It's not like he can't buy another one.

If it was a MB 300SL Gullwing or Maserati MC12 (something actually... rare) then I might care.

348727[/snapback]

I see what you are saying, but a vallet did it... Thats the funny part. The guy took it for a joy ride and blew it up.

To be fair, lots of those wrecked cars were due to other people's stupidity.

348754[/snapback]

Actually, a small fraction of those wrecks are by other cars. Majority of them are the owners' fault, whether they were drunk or just too excited to try out their new toys.

Ok, this is a question for the auto modelers here.

Where would I go to look for lists of car models representing older, classic european cars.

I have been into aero modeling for awhile, and know how to get just about anything that flew...but with automobiles I have a hard time finding anything that isn't a musclecar or a rice rocket.

To hint at what I am looking for, at the moment I am smiten with the Alfa Romeo 8C, and the Aston Martin C-type.

Please help me...I don't know where to look.

To be fair, lots of those wrecked cars were due to other people's stupidity.

348754[/snapback]

Actually, a small fraction of those wrecks are by other cars. Majority of them are the owners' fault, whether they were drunk or just too excited to try out their new toys.

348762[/snapback]

Right. Like the one guy who picked up a new Murcielago, then drove it off of the dealership and then crashed it immediately. Picture states that he went right back into the dealership and ordered another one...

I can't stand how rich and spoiled some people are. I was watching super sweet 16 yesterday and it seems like every girl in that show has her daddy buy her some 100,000+ dollar car. The last episode had a Ferrari 360 Challenge as a graduation gift.

F360challenge_stradale%204a8ba3.jpg

I can't stand how rich and spoiled some people are.  I was watching super sweet 16 yesterday and it seems like every girl in that show has her daddy buy her some 100,000+ dollar car.  The last episode had a Ferrari 360 Challenge as a graduation gift.

348845[/snapback]

I went to High School with Robert Mondavi's daughter... She got a Ferrari 308.

Stupid rich kids...  I'm on the fence about buying an 2006 Acura RSX Type-S.  Other than the notorious 3rd gear, anybody have any comments/thoughts about the car?

348859[/snapback]

Probably best of the "pocket rocket" car genre. The SI is a repinned rebodied RSX with a detuned ECU. I would say go for the RSX, my friend just sold his, but it's an all around decent car for the price... unless you're tall. If you're tall (i'm 6'2") the offset of the sunroof brings the roof down to clip your hair, and if you hit a bump, you can guarantee you'll feel it. Other than that, it's pretty comfortable, i wasn't banging my knee into the dash or steering wheel changing gears (unlike the SI) so take it for a test drive and see if you like the feel of the car. Other comparables would be the tC (it's a bit sluggish IMO) the cobalt SS (might as well get a saturn), and even the Mini S (not my taste). If you're willing to go the four door route, then look into the SRT-4, Mazda6, and the Ion Redline (just expect to be laughed at).