The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

That's a lot of American muscle cars for a movie that's supposed to take place in Japan and feature drifting...

345368[/snapback]

...Which will totally ruin the continuity of such a classic trillogy. :lol:

If you guys had cars which could perform far beyond what the traffic laws would allow, would you take the car to the track?

345280[/snapback]

Naturally. I can't wait until I hold those keys to the NSX...

PS: The director for Fast and Furious 3 directed Better Luck Tomorrow. Alright. This'll be interesting.

Edited by Stamen0083

If you guys had cars which could perform far beyond what the traffic laws would allow, would you take the car to the track?

345280[/snapback]

yup, and no, I just dont obey the traffic laws all the time,,,,,and no talky back Mr deer at a buck ten :blink:

yup, and no, I just dont obey the traffic laws all the time,,,,,and no talky back Mr deer at a buck ten  :blink:

345594[/snapback]

I disobey traffic laws, and get my thrills on wooded back roads. The people that attend my track have a combined IQ of 50 and tend to have little to no ethics when it comes to 1/4 mile or running the track. If the track environment where i lived was more friendly and by far more intelligent, i would deifnitely go.

hmm... Skyline Powered 67 Mustang... that's a good sleeper combination, but wouldn't do much for the sake of drifting (AWD Drivetrain attached to the RB is the best in the world).

That's a lot of American muscle cars for a movie that's supposed to take place in Japan and feature drifting...

345368[/snapback]

It would seem that they're taking the "shotgun" approach, and trying to hit each and every target demographic. But like A1 suggested, I'm concerned about how this will affect the continuity. :lol:

345368[/snapback]

...Which will totally ruin the continuity of such a classic trillogy. :lol:

345370[/snapback]

Which raises what I consider to be a comically interesting point. You ever stop to think that someday far into the future, somebody's gonna be complaining that "director so-and-so raped my childhood" when these Fast and Furious movies get remade? I almost shudder at the thought. :lol:

If Hollywood remade Fast and the Furious i wouldn't really care because it doesn't have any stake holding in my influence toward motorsports or the automotive world. Sure, it's fun to watch, but shallow acting, and 5 minute overexaggerated quarter miles kinda take away from the luster of what i really watched the movie for... sweet cars. Then i find out that the cars are just prettied up and have stock motors, so then i'm really disappointed. I'm actually more looking forward to what they do with F&F3 because it's exploring a genre of motorsport that has picked up tons of fame in recent years, and it has a good director. As long as things stay consistent like if the car makes a blow off noise and you open the hood and there actually IS a turbo in the car (unlike the green Eclipse in the first movie), because to me those little details make a world of difference for the movie experience. It's kind of like when you count rounds in a gun fight and see if the person actually reloads when he's suppose to.

A1, you still going to order the Elise and kill the Beemer order?

345630[/snapback]

He could always wait a year and get a 450bhp ATTESSA AWD Skyline GT-R... I'm already saving my pennies for one so i can wait another three years and pick one up used for half the price :p

Edited by emajnthis

345630[/snapback]

He could always wait a year and get a 450bhp ATTESSA AWD Skyline GT-R... I'm already saving my pennies for one so i can wait another three years and pick one up used for half the price :p

345634[/snapback]

It IS a cool lookin car, if I were lookin for a 2+2 coupe however I'd get a Maserati. About the same price.

345630[/snapback]

345634[/snapback]

It IS a cool lookin car, if I were lookin for a 2+2 coupe however I'd get a Maserati. About the same price.

345643[/snapback]

The Skyline is going to be half the price of a 911 with comparable performance (much like the Viper Vs. Vette argument) whether or not it delivers on this claim is to be seen, but judgining on Nissan's history with performance and meeting those demands, i dont doubt this to be too far off. Last time i checked i don't think the newest GT-R had a backseat... and if it does it'll be historically as big as it was before which is the size of a breif case, much how much my Supra's "backseat" was.

There's a Ferrari/Maserati dealership in my neighborhood. The more i see Maserati's the more i hate them, they're just wannabe Ferrari's. Most of which were made because certain Ferrari's couldn't qualify for the racing class, so they built a Maserati in its place. The quality is definitely there, but performance is not.

345630[/snapback]

YES

345640[/snapback]

sweet , is it going to be the fastest car you've ever owned?, if so, put one of those whistle things to look out for wildlife

345630[/snapback]

YES

345640[/snapback]

sweet , is it going to be the fastest car you've ever owned?, if so, put one of those whistle things to look out for wildlife

345650[/snapback]

certainly quickest off the line. Actually the Lotus outdoes the M3 in everything pretty much, so yeah. And if I get the turbo, it will be the fastest car I have ever been in.

345630[/snapback]

345634[/snapback]

345643[/snapback]

The Skyline is going to be half the price of a 911 with comparable performance (much like the Viper Vs. Vette argument) whether or not it delivers on this claim is to be seen, but judgining on Nissan's history with performance and meeting those demands, i dont doubt this to be too far off. Last time i checked i don't think the newest GT-R had a backseat... and if it does it'll be historically as big as it was before which is the size of a breif case, much how much my Supra's "backseat" was.

There's a Ferrari/Maserati dealership in my neighborhood. The more i see Maserati's the more i hate them, they're just wannabe Ferrari's. Most of which were made because certain Ferrari's couldn't qualify for the racing class, so they built a Maserati in its place. The quality is definitely there, but performance is not.

345647[/snapback]

style and design hold as much weight as performance with me.

345661[/snapback]

IMHO Maserati's style and design is just a body with the interior raided from a Ferrari parts bin. There really isn't a lot of thought put into the Maserati line if you've ever had the chance to sit in and critique one. Plus if i can roll up in a Nissan and rock the poo out of a Maserati in all categories, then I have a lot more to smile about than the person who spent 100k on his Maserati. Kind of like why the new ZO6 is getting so much press, since it's 1)American, 2)Suddenly got super car fast, 3)Is half or even a third of the price of cars with similar performance (Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, etc.). I'm a much bigger fan of performance in mediocre design compared to mediocre performance in modern design. But with the Skyline's reputation, i know i won't be specifically let down in either, and i'll save 40,000 bucks compared to the Maserati.

345661[/snapback]

and nothing says sexy quite like Ferrari, I still get a chubby when my cousin puls up in his 512, sounds like a bunch of angry hornets

345661[/snapback]

and nothing says sexy quite like Ferrari, I still get a chubby when my cousin puls up in his 512, sounds like a bunch of angry hornets

345679[/snapback]

Next to the 360 and the Enzo, the 512 has to be one of the most recongizable Ferrari's ever made. Even people who don't know what a Ferrari is, know that's a Ferrari. :lol: But for the sake of the argument, Ferrari has both Performance and design, but at a premium, and if you get them used, then look forward to spending more time with the Ferrari in the garage than on the road.

345661[/snapback]

IMHO Maserati's style and design is just a body with the interior raided from a Ferrari parts bin. There really isn't a lot of thought put into the Maserati line if you've ever had the chance to sit in and critique one. Plus if i can roll up in a Nissan and rock the poo out of a Maserati in all categories, then I have a lot more to smile about than the person who spent 100k on his Maserati. Kind of like why the new ZO6 is getting so much press, since it's 1)American, 2)Suddenly got super car fast, 3)Is half or even a third of the price of cars with similar performance (Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, etc.). I'm a much bigger fan of performance in mediocre design compared to mediocre performance in modern design. But with the Skyline's reputation, i know i won't be specifically let down in either, and i'll save 40,000 bucks compared to the Maserati.

345675[/snapback]

I know you are right, I just think the Maserati looks slick... The slyline looks like a g35 with a bodykit, acutally it IS a g35 with a bodykit. Just not too excited about it.

Testarossa 512TR or Ferrari 512BB?

345686[/snapback]

TR, actually, with the injected motor, he drives the thing damn near every day in the summer, over 3 years I think hes replaced the clutch and thats about it

The Testarossa is THE Ferrari I fell in love with all those years ago.

AOne, which Skyline are you talking about? The new GT-R? The new GT-R looks nothing like the G35.

345717[/snapback]

The new GT-R is build on the G35 frame and uses the same engine, its just turbocharged.

I've never understood the worship that surrounds the GT-R. Are they good cars? Yes. Are they as amazing as everyone makes them out to be? I don't think so. Every rice boy and his mother pulls the GT-R argument out whenever faced with an "overpriced" exotic, but the truth is that there is more to a car than pure performance and no amount of money savings or better value makes up for the fact that the GT-R is still a Nissan. Nissans are the antithesis of cool, they're boring and about as exciting as a day spent at an old folks' home.

Winning a street race with an exotic is such an improbable and silly way to judge a car, and honestly even if you do roll up and embarrass that dude in the Ferrari or Porsche everyone watching will be a hell of a lot more interested in the Ferrari or Porsche because... it's a Ferrari or Porsche.

Point is, you can stuff a gigantic motor in an Astrovan and make it embarrass exotics. The exotics still have a value that none of the low-cost high-performance cars can match.

I've never understood the worship that surrounds the GT-R. Are they good cars? Yes. Are they as amazing as everyone makes them out to be? I don't think so. Every rice boy and his mother pulls the GT-R argument out whenever faced with an "overpriced" exotic, but the truth is that there is more to a car than pure performance and no amount of money savings or better value makes up for the fact that the GT-R is still a Nissan. Nissans are the antithesis of cool, they're boring and about as exciting as a day spent at an old folks' home.

Winning a street race with an exotic is such an improbable and silly way to judge a car, and honestly even if you do roll up and embarrass that dude in the Ferrari or Porsche everyone watching will be a hell of a lot more interested in the Ferrari or Porsche because... it's a Ferrari or Porsche.

Point is, you can stuff a gigantic motor in an Astrovan and make it embarrass exotics. The exotics still have a value that none of the low-cost high-performance cars can match.

345752[/snapback]

I was trying to say that exact same thing earlier to emajnthis.

Well, the 2005 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series season is officially over. Earlier tonight at Homestead-Miami Speedway, teammates Greg Biffle and Mark Martin battled on the last lap with Biffle winning by just the front end. Biffle finished second on the points standings, while Martin took the fourth position

Jimmie Johnson crashed in the middle of the race and saw his championship hopes disappear in an instant, falling to fifth in standings.

Despite finishing fourth in the race, pole-sitter Carl Edwards had the most dominant car of the race, leading the most laps tonight. He tied with Biffle in second place, just 35 points behind the champion.

And this year's championship goes to Tony Stewart. What a great way to end the season.

Let's hope for a more exciting Nextel Cup season when the green flag drops at Daytona this February.