The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

just goes to show you,don't laugh at the old dude rockin' the plaid pants,he might have a super-phat pimp mobile like this that'll put your bucket to shame.gettin' flashed by all the hotties as he rolls by :lol:

I mean, I'll agree that mid-'60's Impalas are nice, but not when they are bling'd out.

Impalas were terrific racecars way back when. It's just sad that the "Lowrider" movement chose it as their poster child car...

Edited by Lightning 06

Just as long as those lame-ass fools don't touch the '68-'70 Dodge Charger they can do whatever they want...

I mean, I'll agree that mid-'60's Impalas are nice, but not when they are bling'd out.

Impalas were terrific racecars way back when. It's just sad that the "Lowrider" movement chose it as their poster child car...

I like em low, but not like most rappers cars,,,spokes and spinners.... yuk. Put some boyd's or even vette rallie's.

My dad had a white 64 4speed 283 with vette rallie's on it,,,Gawd I loved that car, all white SS

Looks good. Mighty good. Nice eye candy. Group IV Pantera, Ford GT (the REAL one) in a game; what more could you ask for? Hope the sound FX are better than the Gran Turismo games. Don't get me wrong, I like those classic games--but the creators didn't know from sh-t about what a V8 sounds like...

The pace is picking up at LeMans in the practice sessions. Some teams have had shunts, including the Spyker team (bummer). Team Flying Lizard looks to be the pace-setter in the GT2 field, while Team Corvette has still not shown their hand--if they have an ace to pull. Russian Age Racing 550 Maranello holds pole for the "big" GT's so far...

post-26-1118971359_thumb.jpg

The 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse has been tested. And the results are rather disappointing.

Bhop73, if you're still around, it looks like you'll have to stick with your DSM a bit longer.

Heh.. yeah, i'm not really into the new one. I'd actually like to upgrade to an Evo, or STI. Four doors.... I'm gettin' old afterall...

Edited by bhop

Man, they''ve really run the Eclipse into the ground. Atleast it looks better than the last generation.

I've never understood the reverence for the Eclipses.

The first gen DSMs were really ugly, and aside from how cheap it was to get big gains out of the motor there wasn't a reason to pick it over it's superior Japanese competitors (RX-7, MR2 and Supra).

The second gen DSMs got better looking, but still had the same transmission reliability issues and again with the competition. The same-year RX-7s, Supras and MR2s all looked better and had better reliability (well, maybe not the turbo RX-7...).

The third gen Eclipses were just a waste. Typical FWD coupe mediocrity.

And now the new generation are overweight, ALREADY have issues (very scary recalls), non-turbo and non-AWD.

I like the new Mustangs. A nice combination of the classic styling cues of the originals combined with the reliability/convenience [at least, they should have that] of modern auto building tech. But that comparison pic is like looking at a side by side of the young Elvis vs. the old Elvis. Sure, they're pretty much the same; but it definitely looks bigger, fatter, the increase in girth is really pronounced.

The 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT 500 stats are in. If the car can attain the estimated ratings, I'm definitely buying one.

Car and Driver Preview: 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT 500

I think that is one of the best looking Mustangs ever (69 fastback still my favorite). The black ground trim really help slim the fat styling. They should do this for all the new Mustangs. I would almost be tempted to get one myself someday but they sound expensive. The extimated $39k sounds too cheap compared to what the old Cobra's would cost. Given the high demand for normal GT's and the collectible Shelby name, I doubt you will get one for less than $45k if you can find one at all.

The 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT 500 stats are in. If the car can attain the estimated ratings, I'm definitely buying one.

Car and Driver Preview: 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT 500

I think that is one of the best looking Mustangs ever (69 fastback still my favorite). The black ground trim really help slim the fat styling. They should do this for all the new Mustangs. I would almost be tempted to get one myself someday but they sound expensive. The extimated $39k sounds too cheap compared to what the old Cobra's would cost. Given the high demand for normal GT's and the collectible Shelby name, I doubt you will get one for less than $45k if you can find one at all.

Yup, keep going up on those estimates. I don't know if it's that demand is that high, or if Ford is creating artificial demand with short supply of the GT's. My local Ford dealer has only gotten two GT Mustangs in stock since the model's introduction, and those were whisked away by waiting buyers who'd ordered them well beforehand, before they could ever even grace the showroom floor. They've already started selling GT "clones," putting driving lights, LeMans stripes, and wheel packages on some of their V6 models [had a red/white one that looked an awful lot like the Shelby display car, some weeks before that car's announcement].

The $39,000 tag for the Cobra is right on cue. The 03-04 Cobras went for about 35K. I too fear that demand will exceed the supply. I heard there was some serious price gouging when the Cobra R's came out. Hence Dealers will probably sell them for more than the suggeseted MSRP. Fords new Flat Rock plant has had probems churning out enough GT'S to meet demand. I heard that they have since stepped up production of the GT. Hopefully this will be resolved once the Cobra goes into production. But different areas of the country seem vary in their ability to stock the more sought after cars.

Damn I gotta get me one of those.

I like old Mopars; from back before the styling got too butt fugly. Nicely done--nice wide meats at all four corners, but they recognized that you've got to work within the constraints of the original body design's wheel arches. It just looks so tacky when guys go and stick big arse wagon wheel 20+ inchers on these old horses...

post-26-1119203612_thumb.jpg

I like old Mopars; from back before the styling got too butt fugly. Nicely done--nice wide meats at all four corners, but they recognized that you've got to work within the constraints of the original body design's wheel arches. It just looks so tacky when guys go and stick big arse wagon wheel 20+ inchers on these old horses...

Thank you sir, may I have another?

:ph34r:

ROAD RUNNER!! WOOT!!!!

Looks good. Mighty good. Nice eye candy. Group IV Pantera, Ford GT (the REAL one) in a game; what more could you ask for? Hope the sound FX are better than the Gran Turismo games. Don't get me wrong, I like those classic games--but the creators didn't know from sh-t about what a V8 sounds like...

I agree on this, Forza did a slightly better job, but I know a race Hemi with race headers sounds a hell of a lot louder than what it did in the game.....

however, it was nice to have the engine swapping option in that game, my CTS-V now has a 427 C5 race engine in it :wub:

Yup, keep going up on those estimates. I don't know if it's that demand is that high, or if Ford is creating artificial demand with short supply of the GT's. My local Ford dealer has only gotten two GT Mustangs in stock since the model's introduction, and those were whisked away by waiting buyers who'd ordered them well beforehand, before they could ever even grace the showroom floor. They've already started selling GT "clones," putting driving lights, LeMans stripes, and wheel packages on some of their V6 models [had a red/white one that looked an awful lot like the Shelby display car, some weeks before that car's announcement].

Where do you live? It doesn't seem too hard to find GT models around California. I was working at a Ford delaership when the '05s came out (actually drove one of our first GTs since I was working in service) and after we sold the initial batch of pre-orders we had a number of cars available on the lot -- both V6's and v8's.

this year's V6 Mustangs are availiable with a "Pony Package" (much like the last generation Mustang) and include:

*fog lights in the grille (about 1/3 of the size of the GT's foglights)

*rear spoiler

*new shade of silver

*umm.....sorry, I forgot the rest....

Hot dayum, this one's nice! Too bad the E-bodies suffered from a little weight problem. Weighing in at about 3800lbs, they're pretty portly for pony cars...still damn hot though. This one's a real winner. Eclipse my arse! If I had the disposable dough, I'd go for a classic like this one any day.

post-26-1119242743_thumb.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Love those T/A Challengers and Cudas.

Marcos announces a new model [finally], the TSO GT2. It's a marked departure from the Mantis design, which has remained fundamentally unchanged--as least visually--for over 20 years. They finally design an all new car, and what does it look like? They made it look just like the bloody TVR! The distinctive "trademark" rear deck design remains though. Projected performance numbers look impressive:

weight: 1150 kg

wt. dist.: 50/50

HP: 475

0-60: 4 sec

0-100: 9 sec

50-70: 2 sec

top speed: 185

For those that like different--dare I say eccentric--designs, the Marcos is definitely one that'll set it's owner apart. Usually a crowd drawer at the tracks, the Marcos' were pretty cool, even if they were a bit hard on the eyes...

post-26-1119498162_thumb.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Eric Broadley, founder and fmr boss of Lola automobiles [designer of the Lola GT, which would evolve into the Ford GT40] is at it again, it seems. He's bought into a project for a car called the Trident Icini. Debuted in 1998, this car drew attention for its curvacious body and its unique central buttress. Running gear will be the latest ver. of the GM 3.2 litre V6. Making 245 HP/200 ft.lbs and weighing in at just over 2300 lbs, this little sportster should be able to make 0-60 in 5.4 sec, the 1/4 mi. in 13.0 sec, top out at about 150 mph, and pull 0.92g. Considering how well his most famous venture [Lola] did, maybe lightning'll strike twice?

post-26-1119499126_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet ride, Max. I've finally decided that by February of next year, I'll trade in my Civic HX Coupe for a 2006 Ford Mustang V6. As much as I want a GT, it's completely out of my budget. Next year's model will feature a new option package called the "Pony Package," which costs $1,195 over the V6's price. The package, which includes foglamps (smaller than the GT's), a retro-style grille layout and the GT's 17" Bullitt rims, makes the V6 look much more substantial than its base model.

Pony-6.jpg

(When replying to this thread, please remove all tags before posting.)

Edited by areaseven