Aoshima Aliens Dropship

Dangard Ace

If it is based on the Halcyon kit, it is heavily modified.  It is certainly possible given some people's skill, but my money would be on scratch built.

On a different note, a question for fellow dropship fans.

I know I have this in one of my references somewhere, but can't find it for the life of me.  What does the P.S.M. stand for in ship 02's logo?  The logo says "SMART ASS:  we aim by P.S.M."  I remember that the P is pure, and the M is magic...but I can't seem to remember the whole thing.

Also, what logo did the special black 03 get?  One of the ones from the technical manual?

374056[/snapback]

I cannot be 100% sure. But looks like it's : Pure Supernatural Magic :rolleyes:

Back in uh 99-00, I believe Galoob made an APC and a dropship with their Action Fleet line. Don't know if any of you guys owned them, but the APC was pretty nice when I got to see it up close. They are extremely hard to find though now.

374114[/snapback]

I've seen it a few times on ebay, but the APC doesn't fit inside, so no.

Plus it looks like a creepy martian green with orange panel lines. WTF?

At least the Aoshima dropship has a olive/military green paint scheme.

post-3312-1141015842_thumb.jpg

See why it didn't sell too well? God, it looks like something the Aliens would transport themselves in. Eeeck. Also, this line was produced in 1996 but cut very quickly because of sales, or the lack of.

Edited by Spatula

Hey everyone, noob here and just discovered this thread. I recieved my bird the other day and I'm loving it. Snapped a few pics for ya.

img04305hg.jpg

img04392jj.jpg

img04339yy.jpg

img04408al.jpg

Trying to find some colonial marines that are in scale enough to display with the APC and Drop Ship. Do you think 25mm leading edge figures will do ok? Doesn't have to be perfect scale but passable.

welcome! Nice pics. I'm still waiting on my APC which is lost in the mail along with 2 SOC's from hlj.com.. It shipped 2 months ago.

RE the Galoob toys, I have them all and I really like em. Sure they're a bit chunky but they're 10 years old! My favourite is the APC with the 'broken transaxle sound effect' and the squashed alien underneath. I've even got the Predator ship but that's pretty gay.

And the little Micro machines/Galoob figures would be a little bit big but not far off in scale. They're about the same size as the leading edge figures I think (?)

What does HLJ about lost packages? I definately want to know since I've got a big order coming in with SAL shipping. My lonely APC made it to me, but I'm worried about this one since you said your thing was lost there, considering Canada is farther than down-under.

Thanks for the info. I forgot all about the micro machine figures and never knew the APC made a sound effect....too cool.

Do you have the Drop Ship? If it's not too much of a hassle it would be great to see one of the micro soldier figs next to it so I can get an idea of how the scale would be. Otherwise, looks like the 25mm figs from leading edge will have to do. But paintinig them might take awhile.

Just had a look at the completed items and a Galoob APC and dropship sold for $35 each! That's cheaper than what I paid 3 years ago!

The carded Collection 3 is good. Comes with Hicks. and the mini-apc fits inside the Galoob dropship. I think it was actually designed to fit.

Gimme a min and I'll take some pics. gotta dig out my aliens figures.

PS - Spatula: It was my fault about the shipping problem. I had it delivered to my wife's work address as I was away and the mailroom didn't accept it cos it was in my name. Now I have no idea where it is. :(

OK! I've just discovered that the figures you get with the Galoob toys (2 per toy) and the figures on the carded 4 packs are a bit different in size. The Galoob toy figs are a couple of millimetres smaller AND exactly the same size as the Ferro figure in the cockpit of my Dropship.

dropship18tg.th.jpg

Here's a pic of my Galoob dropship with the micro machines apc.

dropship7sp.th.jpg

And last, here's the underside of my Galoob APC with a squashed bug.. hehe.

apc0yz.th.jpg

Oh man!

Thanks for the pics! That is awesome. Seems like they go pretty good with the Aoshima scale wise and the APC is too funny with that squished alien. Very nice. Now I have to keep an eye out for those Galoob figures.

Thanks again Guppy!

• 1 month later...
FYI:  Just saw the next issue of Previews and one of the Aliens Dropship $112USD (not sure which one) and both APC's($30-something) are being issued by Diamond.

395054[/snapback]

wasn't it 119? I musta missed the 112 one.

• 1 month later...

didn't want to start a new thread but wanted some info on this:

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/5098.shtml

it's an Aliens Deluxe Playset - like a diorama thing. none of the figures seem to be painted though. Saw it in a game shop today on sale and almost bought it. but then thought where the hell would I put it??

Anyone got this? good/bad/worthless?

didn't want to start a new thread but wanted some info on this:

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/5098.shtml

it's an Aliens Deluxe Playset - like a diorama thing. none of the figures seem to be painted though. Saw it in a game shop today on sale and almost bought it. but then thought where the hell would I put it??

Anyone got this? good/bad/worthless?

412305[/snapback]

Meh, it looks pretty pokey, and I think I'd rather make up my own diorama and fit my dropship in that, rather than have that plastic thing. Those army men plastic figures don't look too good.

• 1 month later...
OK! I've just discovered that the figures you get with the Galoob toys (2 per toy) and the figures on the carded 4 packs are a bit different in size. The Galoob toy figs are a couple of millimetres smaller AND exactly the same size as the Ferro figure in the cockpit of my Dropship.

dropship18tg.th.jpg

Here's a pic of my Galoob dropship with the micro machines apc.

dropship7sp.th.jpg

And last, here's the underside of my Galoob APC with a squashed bug.. hehe.

apc0yz.th.jpg

375530[/snapback]

I've managed to open my 02 and drilled the bottom of the seats to fit my Galoob Ferro and Hicks figures. I don't have a good camera right now, but looks pretty nice. I also drilled both tabs of the canopy so I can take them off whenever I want. The Galoobs are a tad bigger than the actual scale, but it doesn't bother me at all.

The tricky part is to separate the two halves of the cockpit. The screw that holds the nose section together is cleverly hidden behind a metal panel on the left of the nose and you can't possibly take it off without damaging the paint, so I planted a screwdriver in the seam and patiently worked my way to the front of the cockpit forcing the front screw until it snapped off.

I just wish I could get a bunch of aftermarket nose antennas, those long thin suckers beg to be broken. <_<