Progress shot of Queadluun Rau Bandai

Sam

Was thinking bout only posting pix after finishing, but thought I would do this while i had the camera out taking pix of those trading figures for the other topics..

So heres the Bandai quad I just got a while back. The cockpit normally is totally bare, but after some gracious members of MW posted the pix of the cockpit, i tried making it a little more authentic by customising a bit.

Tell me what ya reckon ppl! I like feedback.

:)

post-3-1061514919_thumb.jpg

Woah there! Great job.

When I first saw that kit I thought it was some resin verison I hadn't ever seen before. What parts did you use?

You might want to also use some of the detail pictures Noel took from Wonderfest of the Yamato Quead for added fun :)

I certainly will be posting up pix when i finish Knight26. Im too much of a showoff to not LOL :p

And Shawn, I just used some super sculpy to mold the "organic" cockpit. The Yammy looks cool, but kinda sterile*still will try and get one though eheh* so mines rounded and less mechanical looking. Its rough job, but looks much better IMO.

BTW Shawn, u mentioned in another thread something like 600 models you have? How many have you made? I would like to see a pic of it actually . I have bout 50-60? macross, unbuilt, and thought THAT was a lot! hehe..

thanks Cmdr McB as well for the comment.

BEFORE I GO>

Question:

What do you think of the current paint scheme? It may be hard to see , but its shaded like the vf2ss i did from before. I intend this to be a sort of 'low viz Rau'. But im gonna paint the "seams" red instead of grey or black.

If i dont like it, it will become a cannon fodder purple. I just painted the green sanded areas, so tis all one now, but interested to see what ppl think of being an "all white with red n black paneling."

Might have to wait till i do it to get feedback though hey.

thoughts|? :huh:

??

You think?

I might use black airbrushing later, the grey thats visible is kinda primer hehe*i was cheating a bit*

but already have made a standard green and millia dyrl version, so wanted to do something different.

*oh!! funny idea.

MINMAY GUARD QUEADLUUN RAU

:D

anyone wanna give me decals??????? :p

Looks great! Wanna see it finished. Whats the valk next to it?

thanks mech leader :D

Glad u noticed that. Its one of the bootlegs that a LONG time ago I was customising the legs for, when i used to live a motel. Now I have a house, im making it a little more detailed in my 'toy room/model room'.

That canopy was carefully cut open. Im now making the inside cockpit, have some pretend struts holding it up.

Its kinda fun actually, resculpting the existing. Even the head isn't safe! it has an 'eye' and clear visor now, with neck folds and hollow point lasers too !

oh BTW, does anyone know what colour the inside is meant to be? I made those should pad things with the bubbles on them, but any colour shots of them ? Im kinda making it up, as you will now see in the following pix

Edited by Sam

congealed blood red is this colour scheme

hehe

thanks for the colour of the cockpit, i think i might go with the grey and metallic idea with bluish shoulder pads.

were the bubbles on the shoulder pads different colour? do u rememer *love*, no no, j/k. do u remember the pilots colours much? sorry, i just cant recall.......

as for the blood red, its actually quite awesome, the pix show up the red being really bright, but its actually blood red with some red highlights. I will take better photos now its daylight.

ONTO THE COCKPIT CAPTAIN!!!! :D

post-3-1061546415.jpg

Edited by Sam

It looks very nice. the cockpit though blends too much with the whole Redish queadlunn. The original art DYRL Gold book, has it as in a dark brown or dark grey with metalic acentualtions. The cockpit shoulder pads are usualy lighter than the whole cockpit the red millia has them medium blue colored, and the Max Queadlunn bluer/pinkish than millias...

The dark shading on the blood red, IMO, it seems a bit over due. Still a great scheme though.

Heres a slightly better shot of the overall colour scheme.

now i must go and do some detailing !

* can anyone see my pink haired pilot! Mylene if she followed her mothers footsteps! heheeheh :lol:

YEAP!!! Sam that a lot better now..you're quick with the fixing

I am working on mine as well in a 1/72 scale... a sneak pic..

-- ---

Edit; PS. It's just an overall paint, Is still drying tonight. Tomorrow I'll spray clear coat on it and then to the details...How about some imput on mine??

Oh yes, that's real wire you see there in some parts...

post-3-1061598260_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

What did you use for the pretend struts? I like that idea. I wanna use that on a Hase.

heh thanks Cmdr McBride, any more bad ass she'd be flying round the room LOL

thanks Mechleader, the struts are just some small sprues I pinched from a nichimo model. That n a little bit of glue ! :)

ComicbookH, its a 1/144. Kinda tiny, but still looks cool! I wish I had 007-vf1s 1/72, would be twice the size, and maybe getting close to the yamato one, is that right 007-vf1? BTW, its looks fantastic! puts my baby one to shame! Does the pilot fit into that as well? if i had the space and the patience I would like to do that as well! :)

NOW, to show you what is probably 99% finished product! got a couple of custom colours in this, especially take notice of the missile bay covers,... nice metallic pink. Turned out well, hope the pix do it justice!!

Dont forget, leave ur feedback! B)

post-3-1061606542_thumb.jpg

Sorry bout the darkness of the shots... camera out of batteries, had to leave connected to power supply, which had limited reach! hehe

BACK SHOT

post-3-1061606663_thumb.jpg

...orange comes up really well on the blood.

Only used grey a couple of times on the fingers and a bit of face, and then the cockpit.....

post-3-1061606813_thumb.jpg

Now the detail of cockpit, its pretty basic, but does the job.

Dont know if I want to pose it open or closed now for display! heh. Decisions, decisions. ..

It would be great if I had glow in the dark orange paint for all the details.. and maybe the visor red.. how awesome would THAT look at night!

post-3-1061607083_thumb.jpg

Family shot.

:lol:

I did the green one first, a long time ago , or so it feels. Then shortly after I did the best job I could at the time on the red millia Rau, then now my latest incarnation. I definately have improved on some skills comparing to my old ones. :p

I must have made this one a lot better cuz i cna open all the bits, whereas the green i can do the middle section, and the red not at all hehe.

Notice the detail difference at all on the green cockpit n red?

theres just nothing inside them normally...improvement, yes?

post-3-1061607572_thumb.jpg

Looking good so far.

Thanks Anubis.

So whatcha think of the final product eh?

THats AlL for Me for the time being... been painting since 8 this morning.. tis now 3....=)

Time to go get some air, and some milk............................

Feedback time.......................... :D:D:D:D:D:D

post-3-1061607774_thumb.jpg

great job. keep it up!!

thanks Isamu Atreides, I will ! :D

Just started another model. Its mospeada ride armour, so I wonder if anyone will be annoyed if I still showed pix here being mospeada n all?

Fluke, or Rook, 1/15 scale. Looks cool .. at least it does on the box... we shall see. .. heh

*in my heart, stik is still scott and hes still waiting for admiral hunter to arrive back to earth.. hehe*

those Q-Rau models rock! i wish i could do stuff like that B)

hey, you can, just remember,...

"use the force, V.Nut."

:D

even without massive painting these things look good beside ur other same scale models.

:)

Wow! Great job! the other two look really good as well. I have a couple of these models. Now I might have to get more to customize it like you did. :p

A suggestion though. Look at Wm Change and do an oil wash for the details. It really brings the model to life.

I like the colors. Didn't think pink would work but it did!

Again. Great job. :)

I would lke to see the Mospeada one as well. I did the Scott one a looooong time ago. Cool model. Watch for the hip/legs after building. A little wobbly.

Lets see some more!

Thanks M.Leader.

Im really really really wanting to use oil washes, but im worried bout the clear coat that I have, as it has been warping the paintwork, so basically no clear coat=no wash with oils.

Im working on it though, i love wm's stuff, its awesome !

As for the mospeada kit, have you ever done one of the transformable ones? I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of ur one if you have one? Im busily working on this non transformable at the moment, sanding away.. ^_^

I'l post pix when its at an 'interesting' stage.

! B)

those Q-Rau models rock! i wish i could do stuff like that B)

valkirie N- Why do you wish?? "Get a kit and get busy...

There's only one way to get that good..better start now my friend....

- Sam they all look pretty neat. I am almost done with mine.. letting clear coat dry overnight and tomorrow is detailing and washing

Since I sold several recast of the resin 1/72 scale to MW members; some people might be interested on seeing how did I do it. (first I have to wait to get my camera back)

From what I can see on your pictures your model skills are really GOOD.

Yup, you had improoved on this last model, but I will LOVE to see some pics of the other two Q.R. you had made. Specially the green one.

Man your kit is a beauty, you can be proud of yourself!!

WELL DONE!!!!