New Anakin pic

EXO

Lucas needs to stop hiring crappy actors to play Anakin. But I think a lot of the blame still lies on the script.

"I don't like the sand, it's rough and coarse. Unlike you..."

yeah.. and HC wrote that..

Er, I never said that HC wrote that. I was using it as an example on how the crappy scripts certainly don't help the actors use whatever talents they have.

I was on a shoot today with a guy we often work with who worked on ep 3. I asked him about the Moff Tarkin thing, and he didn't say anything (due to his 'sworn to secrecy' contract) until I said I'd seen the photos published. He said that lucas and everyone were really pissed off, as one of the construction dept. had broken in after hours and taken photos of the prosthetic Tarkin makeup.

Now Guppy...you wouldn't kid us about this, right? :unsure:

If your guy's right, then I can see why TFN is running with the "memory card" swap story. Stealthily taking pictures during working hours is far less illicit than breaking & entering to do so. :o

nope.. I'm very certain about this info! :) I also got the goss on who's nice and who's difficult. Apparrently Lucas, Rick McCallum, Samuel Jackson, Jimmy Smits and Hayden Christiansen are all really nice people, however Ewan and Natialie were the types to throw their weight around. Which is a shame because I love ewan mcgregor's films.

I was on a shoot today with a guy we often work with who worked on ep 3. I asked him about the Moff Tarkin thing, and he didn't say anything (due to his 'sworn to secrecy' contract) until I said I'd seen the photos published. He said that lucas and everyone were really pissed off, as one of the construction dept. had broken in after hours and taken photos of the prosthetic Tarkin makeup.

If your guy's right, then I can see why TFN is running with the "memory card" swap story. Stealthily taking pictures during working hours is far less illicit than breaking & entering to do so. :o

nope.. I'm very certain about this info! :) I also got the goss on who's nice and who's difficult. Apparrently Lucas, Rick McCallum, Samuel Jackson, Jimmy Smits and Hayden Christiansen are all really nice people, however Ewan and Natialie were the types to throw their weight around. Which is a shame because I love ewan mcgregor's films.

THey should have kicked Portman then!! SHe is difficult even being a terrible actress?!?! WTF? :huh:

THey should have kicked Portman then!! SHe is difficult even being a terrible actress?!?! WTF? :huh:

Seems to be that since she's got 'star power' she's using it for all it's worth. I guess the problem is that they're stuck with her for all 3 movies as putting up with her is a lesser evil than breaking continuity by getting a new Padme.

I've always thought that TPM holds up better after several viewings than AOTC. All TPM really needs is some editing, and it is a few Jar Jar Binks scenes away from being far more accepted and nloved than it is now. It just flows better for me.

Also, I thought that Portman was one of the weak links in the prequels, and I have been very unimpressed with her work in the first two films (though I have seen her do excellent work in other movies). Her personality simply does not fit the character, and she is nowhere near the firebrand Fisher was as Princess Leia. I don't buy her as the mother of Luke and Leia, or the leader of a people.

however Ewan and Natialie were the types to throw their weight around.

Really? That's too bad. I'd always pictured him as a down-to-earth kind of guy, but I guess with one or two hits like "Moulin Rouge" under his belt he's developed something of an ego.

Portman, it seems to me, has really lost interest in moviemaking altogether. Her college degree plus the rumors that she was going to move back to Israel after school make me believe that she's nearly done with Hollywood. I expect she'll be just going through the motions in Ep III, much like Harrison Ford in ROTJ. :angry:

however Ewan and Natialie were the types to throw their weight around.

Really? That's too bad. I'd always pictured him as a down-to-earth kind of guy, but I guess with one or two hits like "Moulin Rouge" under his belt he's developed something of an ego.

I was under the impressions that Ewan did that because he really did not like the script and acting in front of a blue screen. Most Making Of fetures in the 2 DVDs said the crew had a blast working with him and that he was a really quick learner.

Portman, it seems to me, has really lost interest in moviemaking altogether. Her college degree plus the rumors that she was going to move back to Israel after school make me believe that she's nearly done with Hollywood. I expect she'll be just going through the motions in Ep III, much like Harrison Ford in ROTJ.  :angry:

I say good ridance. <_<

I think you've been beat to the punch, so to speak

Yeah, more than likely I'm too late. :lol:

Anyway, I've learned that we're supposedly going to get our first look a her Ep III look sometime before the end of the year. I'm sure there's at least one or two posters here who find pregnant women hot. :lol:

I think you've been beat to the punch, so to speak

Yeah, more than likely I'm too late. :lol:

Anyway, I've learned that we're supposedly going to get our first look a her Ep III look sometime before the end of the year. I'm sure there's at least one or two posters here who find pregnant women hot. :lol:

Damn the lack of puke emoticons!! :angry:

Are the games considered canon? :huh:

Some of them are suppose to be. Dark Forces, Jedi Knight games(not sure about Jedi Acadmey since you aren't playing as Kyle(character in Dark Forces, DF2(jedi knight), Jk:outcast) but yourself), Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, Shadows of the Empire(N64) are suppose to be apart of the post and prequel EU. The novels refer to the events and characters several times, some of them even have novel versions themselves. Not really sure about the Rogue Squadron games. They are basicly remakes previous one(I think) I believe some of the events in them are part of the EU. Like Wedge taking over command of the squadron when Luke is shot down on Hoth, etc. The Clone Wars might also be part of the canon as well but I haven't played it yet to know its storyline, same goes with Bounty Hunter.

Edited by Effect

my goodness............. Star Wars

dont know if it is just me....

but the original 70s production was kick ass.............

the prequels to date.... EP 1 and EP 2..

well............

doesn't impress me at all.

you can never explain how Yoda can do flying sommersaults and still need a walking stick..

and the guy who plays Anakin............

cant they get a better actor?.............

:blink:

Well said Noel.

Maybe they can find a better Director

and Writer

and Producer

The last two movies where about two steps below a TV pilot that never would have gotten picked up.

Are the games considered canon? :huh:

Some of them are suppose to be. Dark Forces, Jedi Knight games(not sure about Jedi Acadmey since you aren't playing as Kyle(character in Dark Forces, DF2(jedi knight), Jk:outcast) but yourself), Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, Shadows of the Empire(N64) are suppose to be apart of the post and prequel EU. The novels refer to the events and characters several times, some of them even have novel versions themselves. Not really sure about the Rogue Squadron games. They are basicly remakes previous one(I think) I believe some of the events in them are part of the EU. Like Wedge taking over command of the squadron when Luke is shot down on Hoth, etc. The Clone Wars might also be part of the canon as well but I haven't played it yet to know its storyline, same goes with Bounty Hunter.

I know Dash Rendar is mentioned several times and actually shows up in X-Wing Alliance. But I wasn't talking about EU.. I was talking about Lucas canon.

I know all Dark Forces games are not even EU canon... as they don't even show up in the time line list in several SW books. :huh:

As far as George Lucas is concerned, only the movies are canon. Period. Everything else fits in somewhere in the Expanded Universe, and may or may not agree or disagree with the films. The movies supersede everything else, and cannot be contridicted by anything found in the EU.

As far as LFL is concerned, everything is canon. That includes Dark Forces, and even the horrid Marvel comics with their 6ft tall talking green rabit Jaxxion.  <_<  And people wonder why I hate EU so much...?

But you got to admit... some EU are much better then Lucas prequels. <_<

hell yes. i completely agree.

I just thought I'd up this for a quick update.

1) There's new pics of Anakin available to Hyperspace subscribers. It looks very similar to the posted pic from the SW Insider, but there is also a very visible scar on the right side of his face, starting at the eyebrow and running down beside his eye. And he looks VERY evil. :o

2) It seems the Tarkin pics are the real deal. One of the webmasters for a "rival" site has suddenly and out of the blue conceded that they were authentic. The question still remains why there's two different looking pics, so these may just be different tests. But the fact remains....Tarkin's in, baby! :D

Edited by bsu legato

I just thought I'd up this for a quick update.

1) There's new pics of Anakin available to Hyperspace subscribers. It looks very similar to the posted pic from the SW Insider, but there is also a very visible scar on the right side of his face, starting at the eyebrow and running down beside his eye. And he looks VERY evil. :o

2) It seems the Tarkin pics are the real deal. One of the webmasters for a "rival" site has suddenly and out of the blue conceded that they were authentic. The question still remains why there's two different looking pics, so these may just be different tests. But the fact remains....Tarkin's in, baby! :D

Bah!! We need to see them!! :angry:

I can't believe what a jackass pre-vader is, with him being the chosen one and all, I kinda imagined he would be a Vader minime, all bad ass and crap.

Bah, we need more Jedi Shaft.

And maybe a wookie with a lightsaber.

"Get that walking carpet out of my way!"

Raaaarrrr...shooom

"My arm!!!!!!"

:lol:

Edit: We really need an emoticon of a wookie with or w/o a lightsaber. Maybe swinging it or something...

Edited by ulyssesdraco

I can't believe what a jackass pre-vader is, with him being the chosen one and all, I kinda imagined he would be a Vader minime, all bad ass and crap.

Raaaarrrr...shooom

"My arm!!!!!!"

Edit: We really need an emoticon of a wookie with or w/o a lightsaber. Maybe swinging it or something...

ROFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But hey.... wasn't Samuel L Jackson Shaft once? :huh::p

Edited by Abombz!!

Raaaarrrr...shooom

"My arm!!!!!!"

Thats what I mean about Jedi Shaft.

I take it you never saw that episode of Celebrity Death Match,

Where Samuel L. Jackson fought Luke Skycraper.

He was all like, "You can call me Jedi Shaft, Mofo".

"Its time to duke it out Jedi style"

Jedi Shaft pulls out a lightsaber

Luke "Hey, lightsabers dont exist!"

Jedi Shaft "No, but lead pipes do..."

Jedi Shaft flips the lightsaber, and a lead pipe telescopes out

Jedi Shaft "Shooom...shoom...shoooom"

Then he beats Luke sensless..

Ahh the good ol days...

Edited by ulyssesdraco

Raaaarrrr...shooom

"My arm!!!!!!"

Thats what I mean about Jedi Shaft.

I take it you never saw that episode of Celebrity Death Match,

Where Samuel L. Jackson fought Luke Skycraper.

He was all like, "You can call me Jedi Shaft, Mofo".

"Its time to duke it out Jedi style"

Jedi Shaft pulls out a lightsaber

Luke "Hey, lightsabers dont exist!"

Jedi Shaft "No, but lead pipes do..."

Jedi Shaft flips the lightsaber, and a lead pipe telescopes out

Jedi Shaft "Shooom...shoom...shoooom"

Then he beats Luke sensless..

Ahh the good ol days...

Too bad Shaft will die. :lol:

By the hands of a Skycraper. :p