Samurai Monkey Model News

robokochan

Sweet! :D

:huh: What the....1/18 Scale?! :o

Thanks for that pic, UN Spacy. Now I'm so all over it! :lol:

I was just doing the plans to make my own 1/12 scale Tachikoma but looks like I'll have to buy one of these 1/18 now. Perhaps this is a sign to start the plans for Starbug.

:blink: 1/12 scale... work on it too... you can never have enough tachikomas!

We need a 1/6 scale, there's already some figures that size that you can easily use to pilot it. :D

The progress pics looks superb.

I was looking at the picture with the size of the tachikoma and I think it's showing it as way too small. I was basing my one on the pic in the GITS:SAC visual book. I've attached a scan but this shows it as just under 8' tall (about 2.4m) rather than 6'4" as that pic shows.

At 1/6 your looking at about 15" tall which is too big IMHO.

post-26-1104501381_thumb.jpg

Aaaaaargh!

Don't you just love it when you have two official pieces of artwork that directly contradict each other? <_<

Honestly though, for such a simple mecha design, you'd think that they could at least keep certain things consistent, but in fact, the project has been much slower-going because of discrepancies just like this.

Among the other problems: the shape of the forearms. Some artwork shows it as jellybean-shaped, while others show it as cylindrical. The eye "balls" are of varying size in different drawings, some stick out more on some art, and even the positioning varies wildly... BTW, the eye-balls on the gashapon are wrong: they placed them at 12, 4, and 8 o'clock respectively, when they SHOULD be at 12, 3 and 9 o'clock.

Lower legs: some artwork has them looking very straight and mechanical, some views show them looking to have a far more organic taper.

The scale/size is also an issue, but a lesser one. If anything, it might just end up labeled as 1/24 in stead of 1/18.