what obsessions besides macross do u guys have?

kanata67

During the last two months of summer I became a Theme Park nut! It's almost like a Macross obession i.e a roller coaster is the closest thing to flying. This summer alone I went on an ultimate park field trip

Here's my list of themeparks and the coasters I conquered their.

Six Flags, Marine World

-Roar

-Zonga

-Boomerang

-Medusa

-Kong

-V2

Six Flags, Magic Mountain

This was my very first visit plus I got their pretty late, like at 5pm on thursday and didn't have a chance to ride all of the extreme rides (X, Viper, Deja Vu was closed, Riddler's Revenge, Flashback, Colosus and the new Scream).

-Goliath

-Revolution

-Ninja

-Psyclone

-Superman, The Escape

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

-Giant Dipper

-Fireball

Paramount's Great America

-Stealth

-Demon

-Psycho Mouse (A ride I'm truly scared of!)

-Top Gun

-Grizzly

-Vortex

-Drop Zone

I'd like to be part of ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) someday if I had the time off. But this is was close enough.

I'm ready for next year!

~G25

If you ever find your self in Ohio You have to visit Cedar Point, Now that's a theme park. It Lays the Smackdown on any Six Flags Theme park.

I am a VERY big fan of collecting film soundtracks. And, this eclectic taste has forced me to buy CDs again :p . Lately, I've been trying to get some hard to find stuff by Jerry Goldsmith (Gremlins, Alien, etc.). All this roots to my passion for classical and jazz (since a lot of film scores really represent where we are musically as a culture today). Oh, and because most "professional" music is pathetic these days. :)

You think YOUR tastes are eclectic? 90% of the music I listen to is Korean pop or dance music.

As far as obsession goes, I'm actually more into Megaman than Macross. Actually, I do a lot of videogaming in general, and own all three current systems, plus a GBA SP. Oh, and I'll get an N-Gage just for Pandemonium. Of course, I'm waiting for it to flop like we all know it will, so I can pick one up on clearance.

Hmm... Megaman, Korean music, Macross, videogames... those are the big ones for me. Aside from that, I do political science and some video editing on my VAIO. Oh yeah, I do the history thing to... but not the general stuff. Most of what I read is the controversial stuff about how the influence of remnants of a lost advanced civilization may have been responsible for the reletively simultaneous birth of the ancient civilizations that we're familiar with.

hmmm....

snowboarding/skateboarding (for an awful long time now)

PAINTBALL!!!!

getting over my existential angst in order to attempt to save the human race from destroying itself

cooking- my job actually, AND! there is a good chance that the company i'm with is going to fly me and another guy to hawaii (big island) to work for either a month, or the winter season. so, if any of youz guyz who live there want to show us around, play paintball, help us not get our asses kicked by angy natives, ect. that would be swell.

art- my other "job" *laugh* i graduated a year ago with a bfa, and right now i am contemplating if i should go to grad school soon. the style i'm playing with is sort of a low brow/occult symbolist/cartoon surrealism thingy. i'm basically a symbolist who works with absurdity to explore certain blah blah blah, high art is all bullshit anyway, right? example below.

reading stuff

turntablism- not enough lately though...

and robots of course

post-26-1064034585_thumb.jpg

During the last two months of summer I became a Theme Park nut! It's almost like a Macross obession i.e a roller coaster is the closest thing to flying. This summer alone I went on an ultimate park field trip

Here's my list of themeparks and the coasters I conquered their.

Six Flags, Marine World

-Roar

-Zonga

-Boomerang

-Medusa

-Kong

-V2

Six Flags, Magic Mountain

This was my very first visit plus I got their pretty late, like at 5pm on thursday and didn't have a chance to ride all of the extreme rides (X, Viper, Deja Vu was closed, Riddler's Revenge, Flashback, Colosus and the new Scream).

-Goliath

-Revolution

-Ninja

-Psyclone 

-Superman, The Escape

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

-Giant Dipper

-Fireball

Paramount's Great America

-Stealth

-Demon

-Psycho Mouse (A ride I'm truly scared of!)

-Top Gun

-Grizzly

-Vortex

-Drop Zone

I'd like to be part of ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) someday if I had the time off. But this is was close enough.

I'm ready for next year!

~G25

If you ever find your self in Ohio You have to visit Cedar Point, Now that's a theme park. It Lays the Smackdown on any Six Flags Theme park.

I'd sure like too. My dad's foster parents are 75 miles away from Cincinatti.

I'd for two words: Millenium Force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That kicked Goliath's ass after it opened in speed and height! Right? :o

~G25

umm let's see....even though money is tight right now for me...

Fixing my 1969 Ford Falcon Futura (that was the luxury model for the Falcon back then)

It's going to be many things,

Wasn't the Falcon the car used in the Road Warrior/Mad Max movies?

i believe it was, but they used a '73-'74 model for that movie, the body style totally changed from the '69 models, the '73 is the same body style as the '70. but for that movie they used a custom nose and rear spoiler for the car Max used.

I always thought it was either a ford maverick or an AMC javalin depending on if you were an American or aussie... :blink:

Aside from my Macross addiction, the only thing that keeps me from buying more Macross toy's is music and anything related to it. If I'm not spending upwards of a $100 on a cd, it's either a new drum, music software for my computer as well as hardware, stereo equipment and dog food!!!

So far I have well over 200 cd's (I know that's not much, but when they cost $30 or more Can. it's still expensive!!)

A Yamaha RX-V530 receiver with a Pioneer Elite cd player and an X-Box, DVD player next and Paradigm Monitor 9's. As soon as I can afford it, a powered sub, center channel and surround speakers are next as well.

I have for my computer 2 versions of Cubase, Reason, Rebirth, Wavelab, Recycle Lite, Pro Tools LE and Cakewalk.

As for my drums, I have a Djembe and a Doumbek. I just love how they sound!!!

And of course, my Siberian Husky!!!!

Oh yeah, I do the history thing to... but not the general stuff.  Most of what I read is the controversial stuff about how the influence of remnants of a lost advanced civilization may have been responsible for the reletively simultaneous birth of the ancient civilizations that we're familiar with.

Mu anyone...

we should talk :rolleyes:

oh yeah... for you music hound out there. My tastes range from infected mushroom to NIN, Janis to CCR, beatles to primus. I have over 500 complete cd's stored on my computer. The important thing in my mind is that less than 1% of my music was downloaded, with the majority having been ripped personally with my anal rententive standards LOL. I don't mind "borrowing" software and games, but have enough musically inclined friends to want them to get the little money they do for their efforts. It would be so much easier if I could just send $100 to trent direct and get all his stuff ;)

Edited by kanata67

Other obsessions besides Macross? Hmm...

Well I play the guitar. I have a 2 Fender Stratocasters and a Fender Princeton 65 amp. Small amp but a big ass sound!!! Unfortunately though, I havent played my Strat since January when the little band we were getting together broke up. Since then I have been busy with school and work. :(

I also love to read. I am a fan of horror fiction. Currently I have gotten into Bentley Little which I think is a good horror fiction author. I am a big fan of Edger Allan Poe, Ernest Hemingway, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. I also love to read about U.S. history.

Last be not least, I am obsessed with the Dynasty Warriors series for the PS2. I have literally played that game exclusively for almost a year. lol!!!

oh yeah... nice wabbit ewilen. I remember having a litter trained one as a kid. Cool pets if you raise them as pets rather than rodents :)

Yeah Bunny's are cool. And Smarter than I excepted. They are cool pets.

Thanks, guys. Yup, rabbits can be house trained--Benji basically did it himself--picked a spot on the balcony (where he lives) so that's where the litter box goes, and he even remembers to make a pit stop before coming in the apartment. (Visit the House Rabbit Society for rabbit care tips and propaganda.)

Speaking of rabbits, that was one freaky looking rabbit a few posts up! :lol:

Forgot to mention that I used to be heavily into alternative comics at one time. Love and Rockets, Hate, etc. Was happy to get a tour of the Fantagraphics offices a few weeks ago when I was in Seattle.

And also, I'm into anime and animation in general.

i believe it was, but they used a '73-'74 model for that movie, the body style totally changed from the '69 models, the '73 is the same body style as the '70. but for that movie they used a custom nose and rear spoiler for the car Max used.

I always thought it was either a ford maverick or an AMC javalin depending on if you were an American or aussie... :blink:

According to this site it was a 1973 XB GT Ford Falcon Coupe, a car exclusive to Austrailia. Lightning, are you in Austrailia? Just curious because I know of a few Falcons being imported to the US, but they aren't very common at all.

According to this site it was a 1973 XB GT Ford Falcon Coupe, a car exclusive to Austrailia. Lightning, are you in Austrailia? Just curious because I know of a few Falcons being imported to the US, but they aren't very common at all.

good thing I never got around to buying a javalin and welding two 55 gallon drums in the trunk as gas tanks.... I would have felt pretty silly :rolleyes:

well the funny thing is, the '69s were the last Falcon sold in the USA, but i plan to redo quite a bit of it using the Aussie parts. I might even try a RHD conversion, since most of the parts are interchangeable, and i was gonna redo the dash anyway with a stock car-ish dash, except keep part of the original (the lower section, i like the non-column mounted ignition)

P.S. (to yellow and katana)

I actually hit the Ford of Australia site in my quest for Falcon info

well the funny thing is, the '69s were the last Falcon sold in the USA, but i plan to redo quite a bit of it using the Aussie parts. I might even try a RHD conversion, since most of the parts are interchangeable, and i was gonna redo the dash anyway with a stock car-ish dash, except keep part of the original (the lower section, i like the non-column mounted ignition)

Hrmm.. Interesting, looking forward to seeing your project completed. :)

Most of my car knowledge is Japanese and European related, I know next to nothing about American cars, so I'm pretty helpless on the topic. There's a few I really love though.

Its gotta be the power of the blue and yellow stars that belong to subaru :p

i am a dedicated subaru driver, enthusiast, i know and dream subaru cars, yes im nuts, but hey, its a hobby right? another hobby i take upon is martial arts, all forms

Edited by hyp36rmax

well. other from macross my obsessions are :

-Music (Black-Metal forever)

-Gundam (almost anything UC)

-Dancougar

-Transformers (G1)

-Norse mythology (im going to make a viking tattoo next week :p), nordic history , Swedish folkmusic and someother stuff.

those are the things i can think of now.

//Dan..

Obsessions? Many:

-Anime

-Videogames

-Computer games

-models

-toys

-listening to ppl yap (an obsession that became so against my will)

-swimming

-saying no when my sisters ask for a favor ( :D )

and now... the bad ones:

-When I find a cool song I like... I tend to listen to it untill my ears bleed.

-I love comedy.... and sometimes I set a particular funny moment on loop for hours and laugh myself silly. :p

-I love just being there and rubbing a good "I told you so" on ppls faces when I get a chance.

And my favorite of them all.....

-Learning about new cultures and foreign languages. :)

you forgot to add smashing Vostok over the head for random posts on MW!

Yeah? And you forgot spamming the heck out of MW in yours. Touche! B)

kenjutsu, electric guitars, my 280z, and cheap beer. pretty much in that order. :)

I have to ammend my previous statement. My new obssesion is walking since both of my cars were crushed by a giant tree a few days ago. :( I also aspire to have electricity sometime this century. :angry:

My only other obsession besides Macross is getting on as many jump manifests that I can. AIRBORNE!!!