Home-made display case

abomb77

My pop and I made a little display case for my valks. I didn't want them to get dirty but I didn't want to buy a fancy case. So we made our own. It cost around 30 bucks all together. Almost everything was from Home Depot. The plastic was most of the price. They had a little tool to score and cut the plastic. We found it near the screen door supplies. The corners are cheap trimming. And the base is a plain shelf. It is held together with some generic glue. Nothing fancy, but it keeps the dust out.

post-4-1102302453_thumb.jpg

resourceful is the word of the day  :lol:

could possibly stack a few of them together to become a shelf by itself  ;)

Doubt it could hold the weight.

Anyone added fiberglass (with hinges and some sort of weather stripping) to a book shelf to make a near air tight display case?

No, but I've got a bunch of those Plano plastic shelving units, and I was thinking about putting clear plastic sheets all around one to give a nice dust free display case. Just leave the front panels hinged. I wanted to keep all the different sections seperate, instead of one tall display case.

I was gonna use Electrical tape to hold the sides and back on, so it could still be taken apart. Now that I think about, drilling some small bolt holes might work better.

You guys don't keep TP near your valks? I assumed everyone did. :p

To get at the toy goodness inside you have to lift the box off the base. Simple enough. But it is super hard lifting the thing with the toys inside it without everyone falling over.

Edited by abomb77

hey some people use toilet paper as facial tissue, if its good enough for your a$$ then its good enough for your face~!!!!!!!! :D

word. if i have a cold, i usually have a roll of TP by my bed side. :D

some puffs plus is nice but it never last, Scotts got 1000 sheets. :p