BBI Elite force has F-16 1:18 scale

Godzilla

That looks awesome. I just saw the F-18 at my local TRU store and that sucker is big; so big, in fact, that I could not justify buying it, even at $75.00 + tax, for lack of space to display or store the thing...but it is an impressive "toy". Judging by the picture or the F-16, however, this one might be a bit harder to pass up if I happen to run across it...the Falcon is just such a cool looking bird.

Edit: That definitely looks like a F-16C.

Edited by mechaninac

i hope they make a 1:18 F14 and F22 with working undercarrage

All the BBI 1/18 toys have working undercarriage. So do the WWII 21st century ultimate soldier XD planes, and the upcoming F-4 and F-104 from 21st. And their long behind A-10. Knight did you ever see the proto for the 1/18 A-10?

Also, the BBI P-51 just came out and they say it RIVALS the 21st XD version.

i hope they make a 1:18 F14 and F22 with working undercarrage

All the BBI 1/18 toys have working undercarriage. So do the WWII 21st century ultimate soldier XD planes, and the upcoming F-4 and F-104 from 21st. And their long behind A-10. Knight did you ever see the proto for the 1/18 A-10?

SHin you say there is a proto of a 1:18 A-10? You must show me a picture.

Been in dev for like 3 years. I would show u a pic but i forget where it was. It used to be on gpxd.com forums I believe but that forum is dead now and there is a new one but no link to the A-10 I believe. 21st century was hesitant to release it but it looked AWESOME. Suposedly last time I heard they were still working on it.

The apache had the same problem. i don't mind it since it is a toy and it can be painted over. However I DID find some disturbing news. According to one site I visited, the 21st century Ultimate soldier XD 1/18 A-10 is CANCELLED. I hear confilicting reports so I hope they are still just tweaking it. I personally think BBI will soon overshadow 21st century with their 1/18 line, I mean their hornets and falcons are selling REALLY well and they are also BIG and expensive(almost 90$).

I HOPE we get a F-14 and a F-15 also. I mean hell having ALL 4 of the teen fighters just REAKS of bad ass. Hope we at least get a Fulcrum C and Flanker B out of this.

Knight any pictures of your 1/18 stuff? And did you get the hornet?

BTW they say the gear on the F-16 is MUCH better than the hornet;s, teh hornet's gear is made of plastic but it tends to sag over time. For a toy though, I think they should have used diecast struts instead. And badcataviation.com is offering the 1/18 hornet in blue angels colors, and variius stock F-16s with different ANG decals. WATERSLIDE!!

Also--is that a *Sparrow* missile they included?  (that, or a really messed up HARM)

I think that's a Sparrow. I'm more interested in the smaller, Sidewinder looking thing in the background. What the heck are those?

A poor rendition of the AIM-9J/P rear aspect sidewinder. Control Fins are too short.

Yes I have the BBI hornet, it is pretty sweat, IMHO. My biggest complaints are the plastic undercarriage, a diecast one would have been far better and would not have added much to the cost. Also the weapons mix, I would have prefered a few more missiles and bombs so you could mix up the loads, as well as FLIR and Lantrin pods and Sparrows for fitting on the conformal missile pads on the intakes. I'm hoping someone comes up with some aftermarket weapons to slap on there, just to mix it all up.

I expect most any plane to do better with the gear struts--only the Hornet has those sideways-splayed back-angled things. I'm kinda surprised they don't collapse in 1:1 scale with how they deploy. F-16 has nice normal gear. Like the F-8's in many aspects.

Knight do you got any pics of your 1/18 hornet? I am contemplating buying one....but can't decide between that and the falcon!!!!!! Could you give us a mini review? How durable is it? Does it bllow gijoe jets out of the water in terms of playability? Would you recommend it to a 20 yr old fighter jet fanatic hardcore who draws? Is it worth the near 100$ pricetag? Does it take up a crapload of room? And can the wings and whatnot detach and reattach for storing and moving?(in case you take it to one house to another)

Wait, did you just say 1/18 F-104????

Picts?!

Vostok 7

from aferguson

aferguson

Captain -

Moderator/Admin

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:18 am Post subject:

Tentative list of future XD planes after the release of the 109G (from memory):

Avenger, F-104, F-86, MiG-15, Me-262, F-4 and a rumour of a 'FW-110' which is most likely an Me-110. Also very likely a FW-190A and still a chance of a Zero.

This is not mentioning repaints of existing types, which are numerous. This plus BBI equals a busy, happy and expensive '05.