Anyone else paint the micro-missiles tips red?

NSJ23

Since I bought my first 1/60 I have been painting the AMM-1 micro-missiles tips red, basically to make them look anime accurate and because the plain bland all white or all gray micro-missiles didn't appeal to me. So when I finally got my 1/48 and the Missiles were so easy to take off and paint I had to do it again. So I just wanted to see if anyone else does this? or do you leave them as is? :unsure:

dscf0166.jpg

I don't have any inclination to paint the tips red, but its obviously a matter of preference. I could quibble a bit about it being "anime accurate" though, because in at least one episode of Macross TV ( "Pineapple Salad" ), Maxs missiles have both red and blank tips at various times during the same dogfight...! :rolleyes:

I actually do quite like the tips on the low-vis, but it does give an impression of it being rather a "painted lady" Valk...! :lol:

Well, I can't judge my Valks because they like their tips painted :huh:;) Opps. I got the missile types mixed up, Oh well. Like I said the regular un-painted AMM-1 missiles were to bland for me so I "pretty up" all my AMM-1 missiles. <_

I painted the tips of the AMM missles red on my 1/60 Yamatos from the TV series. I think it looks interesting. After all, we are talking about missle racks on a transforming robot airplane and not on a F/A-18. They give the TV units a bit of a twist.

My DYRL units on the other hand all sport unaltered UMM pods and RMS missles... and they seem to be the majority of 1/60s anyway.

I never paint my AMM-1 missiles.

I gotta say, IMO the red tips just do not match with the low-vis color scheme.

Graham

I have to say that the gray low viz missiles don't make any sense to me at all. I've never heard of missiles painted to match the plane, they should have left them white. White after all is a low viz type of thing since the underside of the plane really should be a light gray or white anyway.

I have toyed with the idea of painting the tips red, but am still undecided.