Request: Cat's Eye Build-up

Gabe Q

Just like the title says, I would like someone to take us through all the intricate details of building the Cat's Eye that we've recently gotten.

A step-by-step a-la WM Cheng would be ideal. I am by no means a master modeller (I'm a beginner with about five kits under my belt) and I would really enjoy seeing one done for this kit. I'm sure it would be very well received by all the MacrossWorld modellers.

So please, someone make the effort. We need it. ;)

I second that! And if WM Cheng would like to use my cat's eye to do the build up, I would not mind. hahahahaha.

Hahah... wouldnt "mind" eh? Hahah... more like wishing. :lol: wmcheng can do any of my kits for build up! I'm so tempted to buy him kits just so I can see a true master build them! :o:p

• 9 months later...

I was seriously considering doing the catseye or the dragon as my next project but then got distracted by my Club-M VF-11 rare WF version and started that instead. Can't seem to find enough time to build though, I wish I had HWR's drive.

007 the detail on that cockpit is awesome, how'd you do it?

Edited by Grayson72

• 4 weeks later...

"007 the detail on that cockpit is awesome, how'd you do it?"

Since he didnt reply yet, ill take s hot as to what he did. Looks like the ole toothepick dot method, and the decal for the rear cockpit screen, looks good.

Ill be starting my Cat's Eye here in a week or soo, ill post a simple build up to get this thread started. I see someone already sold theirs on ebay for a nice profit too, just a matter of time i guess. The kit looks great for a recast, just not looking forward to the sanding, lol.

I have been checking in and out the forums but haven't signed in a long time or read many of the posts...

I used some left over YF-19 hasegawas decals and other models decals to fill some of the big blank spaces on the rear cockpit..

My background is of 2D hand drawing so I can hit some small detail lines with a thin brush. All the inside forward cockpit is done by hand. I added some wiring and small plastic kitbash details like MW cheng is doing with the 3 slot vents on his booster. Also used a kotobukiya Y join for the canopy a very simple light color wash on top of all that messy cockpit detail and voila..

I feel so lazy and I've been busy all these months since I haven't touch any of my models since the beginning of Summer, which usually by now I would have built at least 2-3 models..

I would love to see some other modelers hitign this cat's eye..

I'll give myself time soon to take better pictures of the cockpit from other angles...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...