Doubles, Triples, and Quadruplits OH MY!

sleddogg83

Each character and variant I will display. Each one will have 7. Three to display in each mode, three again as above but with FAST Packs, one to play with. Preferably one more to keep MIB, but I'll do that when they rerelease them 10 years later.

Um, well maybe I wasn't clear there.

Example: Hikaru

VF-1S - 7pcs

I want to display 1 fighter, 1 GERWALK, 1 battroid. Repeat again, this time with FAST Packs. 1 to play with. Total 7 for one character. I will repeat for VF-1A and VF-1J and TV version of VF-1S.

Maybe you buy them simply because you:

A) Love the sculpt.

B) Love Macross.

C) Expect apprection value to grow substantially.

D) Any of the above.

Really, what a silly question.

I expect that few people here horde (with an 'E') them simply for monetary value, but I think it's pretty safe to guess that many owners of the 1/48 keep buying them becuase they are, literally, the best representation of the VF-1 as there ever was.

Plus the fact that it's quite addictive.

I'm sure most of the owners you'll find on MW showcase their 1/48's because they are prooud of the product's manufacture and quality (regradless of the many "quirks" that the 1/48 is known for).

Because every man needs a threesome at least once in his life B))

Graham

LMAO :lol::lol:

now back to the topic at hand... :p

I could see buying just 2 at most...1 to keep MIB and the other to play with to your hearts delight! But I don't see the need to buy more than that...I guess you guys just love 'em so much you can't get enough of 'em :lol:

Because every man needs a threesome at least once in his life   B))

Graham

sweet! :D

I'm only two people away from a threesome!... oh... waaait a seeec.... <_<

DAMN!

hahahha! :lol::p

ambidextrous?

ambidextrous? :blink:

I can use my left hand as well as my right? :huh:

Edited by AlphaHX

Graham

DAMN!

ambidextrous?

Theres your two people. :p

Uhh... yeah... I'll pass. <_<

Because every man needs a threesome at least once in his life  B))

Graham

DAMN!

ambidextrous?

And one is like a stranger!

Graham

DAMN!

ambidextrous?

And one is like a stranger!

Got to remind them all to use protection.

I like them for what they are. and yes I do like to keep one MIB if I can because I think they'll go up in value later. but am I going to sell them...probably not. if I have more than 2, it's probably because I thought it was a good deal at the time and think, "hey I can make that custom." which never gets done so it just sits there.

as far as things like McF figs. I dont' like opening the entire series as a lot of them will break on me, so usually I just buy the set to keep MISB and buy extra of the ones I like and open those.

No I got it. I was just saying poses: crouched shooting, shooting to the left, etc.

Dude, I wish I was that rich.

For now, between each variant and type, there will be different poses. I won't pose them all in the same manner.

as far as the 1/48, i only buy dups of the important valks(3 1J hikarus, soon 3 1S roy) since they're kind of pricey. i don't even have all the 1/48 valks yet but all my 1/48s get displayed in battroid mode with FP's. the 1J hik and 1S roy get displayed in each mode.

the 1/60s, i got atleast one of everything all of them are displayed in fighter mode w/o any FPs outside of the VE and VT. then i got 3 GBP valks, 1J, 1S, 1A, and then the 2 raus....the 1/60s rock cause its the most complete collection of all macross toys.

One of each except for the Low Vis, (deal I couldnt pass on) I have a transformers collection too and with building hotrods and boats as another hobby, I do have to pick and choose (I dont have any 1/60 yammies or hasawega models) If I didnt collect transformers and other Jap. toys, I would have multiple 1/48s

When Yamato first started releasing The Macross Plus toys, I originally planned to buy 5 of each, which was 1 each to display in F, B & G modes, one to keep MIB and 1 to play with. However, for some reason I ended up buying even more. I think the most I had was about 13 x VF-11B, 8 x YF-19 and 7 x YF-21. I've since sold most of them and just keep 3 of each.

Of course when Yamato started with the 1/60 line it was impossible for reasons of both finance and storage space to buy so many of each, so I just satisfied myself with a no more than 6 of each. Of courese when the 1/48 line came out, I sold off most of my 1/60 collection and now only have 1 of each.

For the 1/48 line I have between 1 to 3 of each variant.

Graham

I just got my frist 1/48 VF-1A and its pretty cool. The only thing I dont like about them are the hands, the dont seem to hold the gun pod to well :( I will probly get a Roy when they come out

There's a fix for that. Little trouble and barely visible. Involves the use of wire. I forgot where it is though. Maybe someone else can help Gwynne out with floppy wrist syndrome?

Hey, If I like the scheme I will get mutiples of the 1/48s such as the low vis. Max VF-1J is my favorite hence why I have 8 of him. Technically 9 of him but I turned that in the Blue Angels custom. Some others I just keep one MIB and one for open display except for the Roy VF-1S where I got 2 MIB (one from each release) and 3 of them are on display in which I have one from DYRL Roy, TV Roy, and TV Hikaru. Of course I have a lot VF-1J Hikarus I have but most of them will be used for customs like 2x1Js and 1S will be come custome low vis. I am trying to get 4-6 VF-1S Roys when they get re-released. I figue I will sell some later and use some for customs.

I just got my frist 1/48 VF-1A and its pretty cool. The only thing I dont like about them are the hands, the dont seem to hold the gun pod to well :( I will probly get a Roy when they come out

hey dude,

heres the solution to your problem....

you know the little twist ties that come packaged with your mecha toys? yeah the ones thats wire in the inside and plastic on the outside, yeah those ones. :p just remove the wire and cut a tiny piece off and stick it inbetween the wrist and the hand.

problem solved. :)

:blink: wow... You guyz have even more 1/48s than I ever will have even in just Banprestos (bought for cheap at US$6 ea, 8 total)

ah well... my economics forces me to be content with those I guess... And they DO look good/pose good with some modifications (fortunately I picked up a few modelling skills) and they save a lot of space too. :D

I just got my frist 1/48 VF-1A and its pretty cool.  The only thing I dont like about them are the hands, the dont seem to hold the gun pod to well  :(  I will probly get a Roy when they come out

hey dude,

heres the solution to your problem....

you know the little twist ties that come packaged with your mecha toys? yeah the ones thats wire in the inside and plastic on the outside, yeah those ones. :p just remove the wire and cut a tiny piece off and stick it inbetween the wrist and the hand.

problem solved. :)

The coolest thing about that is that there is a little groove for that wire to fit in. Do you think Yamato purposely made the groove just for that little fix? :rolleyes:

The coolest thing about that is that there is a little groove for that wire to fit in. Do you think Yamato purposely made the groove just for that little fix? :rolleyes:

i wouldn't know.

no limp wrist here, i don't like the "chicken hands" so i got me a bunch of TV hands from rohby instead. :D