Lead for The Da Vinci Code flick has been cast

Jolly Rogers

I actually like Tom Hanks , i can see if they picked someone like Adam Sandler or Jack Black to play the part, but Tom Hnaks is a good actor. i also do not know that much about the book to say that it is a bad choice

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

It's too bad Harrison Ford is so old because Brown clearly had him in mind when he created Robert Langdon (he even says early in TDC that Langdon looks like Ford).

I'm more than happy with Tom Hanks, though, even if he is somewhat overused these days. I'm glad this project has a good team and lead behind it, it should actually be good.

As for the book, I enjoyed it on the same pop level that I enjoy an Indiana Jones movie, but it's far from great literature.

Tom Hanks is about the most middle-of-the-road actor you can find. The casting is obviously calculated for the actor's broad appeal. His face is also about as expressive as a wooden desk. I would rather see someone like Kevin Spacey in the role of a Harvard symbologist if "seeing an actor think" is what they were really after.

Edit: Ed Norton, great casting choice! One of the greatest young actor working today.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Hanks is not my first choice either, I liked the book, and hanks is a good actor don't get me wrong but he really doesn't fit the role in my eyes. Ed norton definitely seems more the part or, man I can't remember the actors name, oh well.

HANKS?!?!? Not even remotely on the list for who I pictured, thought Tom had more pride than that (course he did do Polar Express, but whatever.... Of course if they follow the book, the movie's gonna be nothing more than one long chase scene interrupted by several hour-long lectures on bad history <_<

although it's not what the author said, any time I read about Langon, I pictured someone not far removed from Tom Hanks... I think he chose well. I think it is the fact that Hanks is a "middle of the road" actor that makes him so well suited for such a wide variety of roles.

I haven't liked Hanks in anything since his SNL days. I've come close, but always found myself thinking, "man, this movie would be so much better if Tom Hanks weren't in it!"

Edward Norton is one of my favorite actors, but I'm not sure he's really who I'd have thought of as Langdon. Maybe Eric Bana?

• 2 months later...

I just checked but they did an awesome job casting Princess Sophie's part...

AudreyTautou

AudreyTautou5.jpg

Now that I think back I read it with Sam Neill in my mind as Langdon...

They also casted Jean Reno as Fache...

Edited by >EXO<

I've never read the book so I don't know how Hanks compares but he's likeable enough and has played a broad enough range of characters that I'm sure he'll do fine. It can't

There's something about Edward Nortor that I just don't like. I can't put my finger on it but he just rubs me the wrong way.

NO SCHWARZENEGGER = NOT A GOOD MOVIE

Needs more Southern Cross...

... and I heard Yoda farts into the camera whilst fighting a wookie sith so I am definately NOT seeing this one.