Ashlee Simpson - OWNED!

I didn't see it live, but this makes me very, very happy.

Check out the forums on her own website too for some comedy goooold.

:lol:

SMALL LINK

http://www.osmethne.com/lipsync.avi

BIGGER LINK

http://www.amysrobot.com.nyud.net:8090/fil...lee_snl_big.mpg

Edit: One or more of Ashlee 'Milli Vanilli' Simpson's links may be down due to traffic.

Edited by dr_vandermeer

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I am so happy to see that happen to one them finally!

Get your butt off the stage. That's right. You are the weakest link, goodbye.

Her band was pretty cool about it though and at least did something after she left the stage disgraced.

Shame someone will probably be fired for it, but whoever it was gave us a priceless moment.

Edit: Needless to say I disapprove of lipsynching. If you're going to perform, then perform. You're being paid big bucks to sing, not pretend you are singing in front of live audiences. The band still has to play.

Edited by Anubis

well, that just launches us into a debate about just what ashlee simpson is actually being paid to do...

I would say that most modern "pop" stars like ashlee and britney and all the other teenie bopper stars aren't paid to sing, but to "perform."

happy to see another one of these kids exposed for what they truly are... and for some reason, 'specially ashlee.. that one song of her's particularly grates on my ears.

Oh... I think the big deal is because she was dissin' lipsynching earlier.

yep. AND it happened live on a major TV show.

The other part I didn't mention was that at the end when the cast usually says goodbye, she made some lame excuse that her band played the wrong song, when it actually seemed to me like they were trying to save her.

She hung them out to dry.

well, that just launches us into a debate about just what ashlee simpson is actually being paid to do...

I would say that most modern "pop" stars like ashlee and britney and all the other teenie bopper stars aren't paid to sing, but to "perform."

happy to see another one of these kids exposed for what they truly are... and for some reason, 'specially ashlee.. that one song of her's particularly grates on my ears.

The thing about her that really bugged me since day one was the shirt she was wearing in her 'Pieces of Me' video.

I believe the word 'PUNK' is what's on it.

Hey, I don't mind if anyone's a fan of her music. I don't even mind if her music is "pop." But at least be who you are, instead of trying to fool young teenage girls you are something else.

Ugh. Nothing more to add.

Edited by dr_vandermeer

well you know what the real problem is ..or who i should say is to blame for this rise in teeny-bopper garbage!

Disney!!! :angry: most of them have been spawned by Disney!!! :angry:

i swear it's like an assebly line over at that freakin place!!!! :angry: never trust a man who doddles with animated mice!!! <_<

if i was the Don of the most powerul mob family, the first people i would have wacked are the executives over at Disney!!! :angry:

but enough of my lunicy :D

still enough, i can't take anymore of these crappy artist!!!

well you know what the real problem is ..or who i should say is to blame for this rise in teeny-bopper garbage!

Disney!!! :angry: most of them have been spawned by Disney!!! :angry:

i swear it's like an assebly line over at that freakin place!!!! :angry: never trust a man who doddles with animated mice!!! <_<

if i was the Don of the most powerul mob family, the first people i would have wacked are the executives over at Disney!!! :angry:

but enough of my lunicy :D

still enough, i can't take anymore of these crappy artist!!!

Yeah, Disney smells like butt. :p

Ihave my own reasons for disliking them, but it doesn't have much to do with this thread. Although if teeny-bopper crap is because of Disney in any way, then they suck more. :angry:

:lol: I heard about this, Busted!!!!!!!!!!! now only if we could prove the same about all the other boy and girl bands , maybe we could get rid of them to.

:lol:  I heard about this, Busted!!!!!!!!!!! now only if we could prove the same about all the other boy and girl bands , maybe we could get rid of them to.

Oh how I hate the term of Boy Bands. Didn't my fellow Americans realize this warcrime that we repeat over and over? New Kids on the Block. All the subsequent ones are mere repeats. Same style, different clothes.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

All boy bands need to be put on a desert island, surrounded by Mako Sharks. We then need to Napalm the island 5x over. Wait a day, then drop cluster bombs.

All Boy Bands must die :angry:

EDIT TO ADD: I was able to see the top link from the original post. Strongbad would have 3 letters to say:

OMG

I only watched the 1st few seconds of it... that has to be the most embarassing moment one could have for a career... much less a young career!

Edited by Warmaker

That clip is hilarious...

It really doesn't have as much to do with whether or not lip-synching is acceptible or whether I give any kinda crap about anyone who spells their name "Ashlee" in the first place.

It's funny because she looked like a moron on live national TV. It's also funny because I've played music for years and there's not much worse than being stuck on stage with a dead mic or one that feeds back or something weird... those guys in the band look like they were about to fall over laughing themselves.

Wes, I couldn't even get to the part where she started jumping. When the music and all went dead, I, the viewer felt embarassed... I cut the video off right there. Think about it, a viewer felt embarassed to see the entire clip :o:lol:

I don't care much for her since I don't watch MTV nowadays (they don't show videos anymore), but this will leave a mark!