Superman Has been cast!

Ladic

Well, I'll give Bosworth a chance but for some reason Singer, or his casting agent is really bad at casting the women for his features, while he's spot on with the male heroes. I love famke Jansenn, but not as Jean Grey... and Halle Berry as Storm?

:rolleyes:

so i guess i'm not the only one who thinks that :rolleyes:

Also, there are rumors that General Zod and Metallo(John Corben version) will make appearances.

How many Superman baddies are making an appearance in this? Are Zod and Metalllo brief cameos or is Supes going to be taking on Zod, Luthor in power suit, and Metallo in a battle royale like some bad Shumacher (sp?) Batman flick? I mostly enjoyed Singer's take on the X-Men, but too many A-list bad guys kind of water down the plot.

I imagine Zod's appearance will be limited to mainly recapping the previous movie.

...or just so we can hear the classic Zod catchphrase "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!"(I just don't want to see it done in some modern twist, like he's saying it in a gay bar or something.)

I thought Kate Beckinsale could have been a good Lois, but maybe she'll make an appearance as Wonder Woman. I always thought Beckinsale would make make a good WW, or at least as close as you could come to that Adam Hughes vision of her.

I still think the showdown with Zod from 2 is probably some the best film moments that I can recall. I still love the part where Kal finally kneels before Zod in the fortress, grabs his hand, and crushes it. While I'm thinking of it, that whole teleporting thing that Supes was doing in 2, I don't remember him ever doing that in the comics...is that a "canon" power, or was Kal just moving so fast it looked like he was teleporting?

Wow... I had the same exact thought... Pixar animation/Alex Ross Designs...

And Pixar's name guarantees high talent voice actors. Actual actors plus, sets, digital or otherwise, would be cost prohibitive. Never mind extremely risky. Production costs would probably be record breaking. Just think of all the tights the and plastic muscles they'd need to make! Completely computer generated DC Superhero vs. supervillain action....now my shorts are soiled.

• 2 months later...

I read somewhere yesterday that Hugh Laurie, from the series House, who was cast as The Daily Planet's editor was replaced due to scheduling conflicts with his series. Replacing him is Frank Langella. He played Skeletor in the Masters Of The Universe movie.

Reeves was good as an 80's superman don't get me wrong, but I did not like his Clark Kent, portrayed him as bumbling dork, which he was not, he really was fairly competent, just a nieve especially when compared to Lois Lane.  Now comes the big question, who will play Lois Lane, needs to be some raven haird beauty who is also tough as nails and smart.

Any whore/woman will do...

Edited by myk

she looks old and ugly

That's cause she is and so is Lois.

Speaking of which how come I don't know who the hell this new Superman is? I see his name and looked it up on the IMDB but I'm still scratching my head.

she looks old and ugly

That's cause she is and so is Lois.

Speaking of which how come I don't know who the hell this new Superman is? I see his name and looked it up on the IMDB but I'm still scratching my head.

That's not true; in the comics Lois is hot. It's just that since Lois is strong female character the producers want her to be a little plain(sexyness=dumb). In the 70's. Lois wore the one piece skirts and the gogo boots that showed much leg. Really the best example of how Lois should be depicted is Terri Hatcher in Lois & Clark days.

Possible rumor or spoiler:

There maybe a crossover involving Smallville and Superman Returns. This involves a story element that might start on Smallville and ends in Returns. I don't know what it could be but might be announced next season on Smallville. Thanks kryptonsite.com for the info.

I don't know. I wish they would cast an older guy to play the part. Someone on his late 30's or even 40's... After all those years Superman should look experienced. This guy looks too young. It looks like he is coming back from some superhero college or something.

Ross's designs capture the essence of how Superman should look:

post-26-1113236725_thumb.jpg

Edited by Limbo

looks like an Alex Ross... there was a WonderWoman movie teaser by him also, IIRC... not sure.

Actually, if you are referring to this image . . .

th_3e5_wonderwoman.jpg

. . . that was done by fan favorite cover artist Adam Hughes. Here is a sample of his work along with a link to images of his Wonder Woman covers.

Just Say Ah! Wonder Woman Gallery

th_405_WW170.jpg

ah.. yeah that's the image... Yeah AH is awesome... I never read the WonderWoman title but his covers for those and the Tomb Raider books are mind blowing.

I think they got a younger guy so they can stretch out the franchise if they need to. That brings me back to my hopes that they'll do an all CG JLA movie based on ROss's designs.