Can the GBP-1 Armour be utilized on the ground?

Ok,

I'm wondering if the GBP-1 Armour can be utilized fully loaded by a Valkyrie in ground combat situations. In otherwords, turning a fully useful Valkyrie into a Destroid for patrol/defense. While I realise this is militarily stupid, as it wastes the potential of a multi-role vehicle by retricting it to one form, necessity is the mother of all invention.

Ok,

I'm wondering if the GBP-1 Armour can be utilized fully loaded by a Valkyrie in ground combat situations. In otherwords, turning a fully useful Valkyrie into a Destroid for patrol/defense. While I realise this is militarily stupid, as it wastes the potential of a multi-role vehicle by retricting it to one form, necessity is the mother of all invention.

how exactly do you mean?

you haven't Macross Zero, yet?

Since the GBP can be ejected at will, it adds flexibility to a Valkyrie without taking anything away (other than the cost of the GBP).

The Japanese PS2 Macross game shows GBP-equipped Valks being used on the ground on Mars. Granted, the game may not be 100% canonical, and it doesn't allow the GBP armor to be ejected. Then again, it also doesn't allow ejecting Super/Strike armor (except in cut scenes), and the game is otherwise very accurate.

For what it's worth, BC allows the GBP to be used on the ground in vs. mode (and you can eject it).

Also, macross.anime.net refers to the GBP as "ground-combat protector weapon system".

I'm sure there's more info in the various TIA books and Macross Perfect Memory, if someone can translate.

Ok,

how exactly do you mean?

might be more of a robotech guy. just an assumption from his sigs. oh well, here are the screen grabs promethuem5 and treatment were talking about. :)

Edited by AlphaHX

Ok,

how exactly do you mean?

might be more of a robotech guy. just an assumption from his sigs. oh well, here are the screen grabs promethuem5 and treatment were talking about. :)

yeah. I know he's one of the robotech-guys here at macross-world, but that ain't a reason for not watching Zero.

in fact, there isn't any reason at all to not watch Zero. fansubs, r2 or even bootlegs.

Great work AlphaHX just setted as wallpaper B)) love M0

post-2-1098213516.jpg

This is form the intro of VFX-2 right? In the movie the valkyries detach the armor but they keep the backpack boosters, I thought only with the thunder hammer it was possible.

Great work AlphaHX just setted as wallpaper B)) love M0

This is form the intro of VFX-2 right? In the movie the valkyries detach the armor but they keep the backpack boosters, I thought only with the thunder hammer it was possible.

Thanx. i wonder how many other people are going to use it. :unsure::)B))

from the look of this picture that i got, it doesnt look like the armor and the backpack are connected. i think u can detach it w/o losing the backpack. i just watched episode 9 of sdf macross and i noticed the reason why hikaru ejects it is cuz one of his backpacks gets shot.

1st might be more of a robotech guy. just an assumption from his sigs. oh well, here are the screen grabs promethuem5 and treatment were talking about. :)

Actually...Im more of a Southern Cross guy...which Robotech is the only outlet through which there is any hope in hell of seeing more made of....assuming Shadow Chronicles leads to the redevelopment of The Sentinels. ;)

I thought they were selling the Southern Cross DVDs set the original version

So they are. However, there is no chance that a Japanese sequel to Southern Cross will ever surface without Robotech. Since The Sentinels would have to be reimaged almost from top to bottom to be more in-line with Robotech's continuity, more of what was Southern Cross will appear until the shift to more of the Mospeada look after the conclusion of the 2nd Robotech War. The REF/Pioneer Mission and ASC use so much of the same equipment that, again, this is the only chance of seeing something more come of Southern Cross.

haterist Posted on Oct 19 2004, 04:58 PM

QUOTE (AlphaHX @ Oct 19 2004, 03:39 PM)

heres another picture.

who makes that valk? i assume its a model? who makes that GBP armor? that sh!t looks awesome!

Hey, H, the first time I saw that pic was in a post by BLACKACES in the model kits forum for another GBP Armor thread. I don't believe he mentioned the name of the modeler, but you can check here: 1/72 GBP

Edited by connor99

heres another picture.

who makes that valk? i assume its a model? who makes that GBP armor? that sh!t looks awesome!

the valk is a hasegawa. i dunno about the GBP armor. obviously a kitbash or scratch built. the picture was from a while back from a thread that Noel post the pictures in. i dunno where he got it from. :huh:

haterist Posted on Oct 19 2004, 04:58 PM

QUOTE (AlphaHX @ Oct 19 2004, 03:39 PM)

heres another picture.

Hey, H, the first time I saw that pic was in a post by BLACKACES in the model kits forum for another GBP Armor thread. I don't believe he mentioned the name of the modeler, but you can check here: 1/72 GBP

yep... thats the one. :p

thank you sirs!

man, i really need to get on the modeling bandwagon....all that stuff looks 100 times better than the toys out there. :huh:

sorry for the n00bish type question but i thought hasegawa made fixed models? like a plane is a plane and nothing more....do they make TF'ing models? :unsure:

thank you sirs!

man, i really need to get on the modeling bandwagon....all that stuff looks 100 times better than the toys out there.  :huh:

sorry for the n00bish type question but i thought hasegawa made fixed models?  like a plane is a plane and nothing more....do they make TF'ing models?  :unsure:

hasegawa makes mostly macross fighters (plane mode) and for the most part, theyre mostly fixed. some of them may be able to move their wings, open their canopy, move their back boosters (feet), etc... but besides that they dont "move" much since theyre planes.

but hasegawa also does make the vf-1 in battroid mode and last time i checked, they were poseble. theyre pretty darn cheap and damn detailed at that. even if u want to test the waters in the model bandwagon, i definitely say u should pick up a kit (goes for around $25-30) and check it out for urself.

none of them are transforming but there has been many out there that has been kitbashed to transform. those look daaaaaaaamn nice i wouldnt mind paying a pretty penny for them but too bad theres like a few in existance and i'll probably never get my hands on them. :(

anyways, heres a picture of the hasegawa battroid.

hsg10.gif

I don't have Memory Perfect, but Hikaru did walked it to the launch bay in SDF-TV.

edit: found it. was about to take a screen grab but there isnt much to see. just him literally walking out to space. <_<

Edited by AlphaHX