93 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Favorite Macross?

• SDF: Macross
    • DYRL
    • Macross II
    • FB: 2012
    • Macross Plus
    • Macross 7
    • Macross 7 the Movie: The Galaxy's Calling Me!
    • Macross Dynamite 7
    • Macross 7 Encore
    • Macross Zero

Okay, seeing as I screwed up on not adding some incarnations to my first poll, here's a revised one...and for all your HG/RT haters, I pulled the RT option because there were too many options for the poll...same with splitting Mac+ into two different options....oh well :D

Sean

ps - am trying to add EVERYTHING this time, so please, be kind :D

Hmm...just in looking at the various incarnations of Macross proper, it strikes me that you could break the franchise into several 'generations' as it were:

First Gen Macross (Earth Wars):

• SDF:Macross
  • Macross DYRL
  • FB:2012
  • Macross II

Second Gen (Forward to the Galaxy: Global's Vision):

• Macross Plus
  • Macross 7 (all incarnations)

Third Gen (History Lesson):

• Macross Zero

Thoughts?

Sean

i really do like Macross Plus the best, followed by SDF: Macross. sadly i have yet to see Macross Zero :(

SDF Macross is the classic story, so I voted for it. Why not DYRL? DYRL is flash over substance. So what if the VF-1s look prettier, and the battles seem more epic? The story is a pale substitute for the original TV series.

I'm actually kinda sick of Plus.

For the moment SDF Macross/DYRL? (IMO DYRL? is incomplete without seeing the tv series)

I like pretty much Macross zero and it may become my favorite Macross, wait for the last episode before vote.

I watched M+ and liked it but not so much (OVA rules IMO) have to watch Macross 7.

Ya know.. some of my friends on this board can tollerate M7, which is cool... But I can't imagine what someone who says it is their favorite is like. I am sure you guys make Naploean Dynamite look like Sean Connery. :lol:

Ya know.. some of my friends on this board can tollerate M7, which is cool... But I can't imagine what someone who says it is their favorite is like. I am sure you guys make Naploean Dynamite look like Sean Connery. :lol:

Well my fav is really Macross TV but I voted for Dynamite 7 just to give the 7 series some love...

1. SDF Macross

2. DYRL (close second)

3. Macross PLus

4. Macross 7 TV

5. Macross II

6. Macross Zero

7. All M7 OVA's dead last.

M7 Dynamite gets my vote for LEAST favorite. I did enjoy M7 a great deal, but hated dynamite, and the only thing I liked about the movie was the giant cleavage.

i'm slowly realizing i just really don't like DYRL that much.. i like it far less than SDF and Mac+. I'm starting to think i'm going to like it less than M7 (when ever i get to it)

Exactly! Because it's all style over substance, like I said. It tries to tell a story, but the original TV series tells it so much better.

For me, for now, in decending order:

SDF Macross

Macross Zero

Macross 7

Macross Plus

Macross Dynamite 7

DYRL

Macross II

Macross Plus movie, Macross 7 Movie, Macross 7 Encore, I consider to be part of their respective series.

Ya know.. some of my friends on this board can tollerate M7, which is cool... But I can't imagine what someone who says it is their favorite is like.  I am sure you guys make Naploean Dynamite look like Sean Connery.  :lol:

Well my fav is really Macross TV but I voted for Dynamite 7 just to give the 7 series some love...

So you and Haterist just gave it a sympathy vote!!? Terrible.

Ya know.. some of my friends on this board can tollerate M7, which is cool... But I can't imagine what someone who says it is their favorite is like.  I am sure you guys make Naploean Dynamite look like Sean Connery.  :lol:

Uh no, I really do like Macross 7 but nothing can compare to the original 1982 series for me... so if I was totally honest I would have voted Macross. But I just didn't think 7 would get many votes... okay so it was kinda a sympathy vote... but I reall do like it.

eh, i just did it for funzees. :D

i'd say its a tie between DYRL and mac plus. i'd say the original macross series but i have yet to see it. :huh:

i just missed an auction for the original 9 disc boxed set for $90. :angry::(