Yamato SDF-1

sleddogg83

:p 1/48  :lol:

... ... ... :huh:

I wouldnt want to import that! Imagine the shipping cost!!! :o

I dont think I have enuf room for my display case for that. :unsure:

Maybe if I clean a few things up... maybe move out and live in the garage... or in the car. hmm... :blink:

Edited by AlphaHX

Not to be a nay-sayer here but I really doubt the SDF-macross will be made. Why? You can see Yamato slowing down on the Macross releases. Now if they do release it, you can bet I will be in line

Also a 1/48 scale Macross SDF would be like having an X-wing 1:1 Scale sitting in your lawn. What would you do with it? Put your 1/48 valks on the Prometheus? How the heck would you transform it? You need a step ladder. anyways, if you build a 1:18 scale Macross, you can live in it.

Bu....t gee.. a.. duh...wouldn't a 1/48 SDF-1 be the same size as a 1/48 VF-1...I dunno ? :blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :rolleyes:

i'll give you a minute to think about that. :rolleyes:;)

Heh, i think he meant and 1/1 scale VF-1 :blink:

uh no duh gosh no ...I really meant a 1/48... They'd have to be the same size...do the math :blink:

:lol:;)

Bu....t gee.. a.. duh...wouldn't a 1/48 SDF-1 be the same size as a 1/48 VF-1...I dunno ? :blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :rolleyes:

uh no duh gosh no ...I really meant a 1/48... They'd have to be the same size...do the math :blink:

you're kidding right? :blink:

here are the stats from macross compendium:

VF-1

Battroid mode:

Height overall: 12.68 m

Width overall: 7.3 m

Wing span: fully extended 20° 14.78 m

Length overall: 4 m

SDF-1

Dimensions, metres:

length 1210 m

width 496 m

height 312 m

here ya go!

now divide it by 48... ;)

VF-1 Battroid Height ~ 0.26 m ~ 26 cm

SDF-1 Battroid Height (Ship Length) ~ 25 m ~ 2500 cm

did the math. :)

hmm... I think ur still confused. <_<

Edited by AlphaHX

VF-1

Battroid mode:

SDF-1

Dimensions, metres:

length 1210 m

width 496 m

height 312 m

here ya go!

Of course I'm kidding. duh ;)

I'd like to see an SDF-1. 1/3000 or 1/4000 scale would be fine with me. Will Yamato make it? Who knows..

LMAO!!!! :lol: I'd be in the car pool lane with that! And if some granny got in my way.......MACROSSU CANNON HASHIIN STANDBY! UUUTTTTAAAA!!!! *roast granny while playing country music* AAAAAHHHHH DE CULTURE!!!

:lol:

VF-1

Battroid mode:

SDF-1

Dimensions, metres:

length 1210 m

width 496 m

height 312 m

here ya go!

I'd like to see an SDF-1. 1/3000 or 1/4000 scale would be fine with me. Will Yamato make it? Who knows..

just admit it...you weren't really thinking when you asked that ridiculously silly and borderline moronic question :D

at some piont you finally said to yourself ..."holy crap, they're right! let me try and cover my ass by saying i was just joking"

I could trade in my car, in 2 years... :blink:

VF-1

Battroid mode:

SDF-1

Dimensions, metres:

length 1210 m

width 496 m

height 312 m

here ya go!

no offense... but thats a terrible joke. :huh:

• 3 months later...

Better to dredge up an old thread than start a new one for an old topic right?

So, I assume that there has been no announcement as far as a Yamato SDF Toy. Has anyone heard anything one way or the other? A year or two ago, there had been some sort of semi-formal announcement or perhaps it was a dinner discussion Graham had with a connection, but I thought the word was that Yamato was actively recruiting a sculptor / Sculptors to make a scale SDF toy.

Have any of you information guru's seen any talk of this on insider japanese discussion boards? Is the project still a possibility or is it dead in the water?

I really, really, really want a nice quality, highly detailed SDF toy for my collection, and god love em, but the old Bandai versions just aren't quite the level of detail I want.

Hell to be honest, if Bandai would make a sharp SDF toy in the Soul of Chogokin line, something along the lines of the battleship Yamato, or the Harlok vessel, I would jump out of my skin to buy one.

I hope somebody out there makes something for us. the old Bandai's just don't look right next to the details in the Hasegawa kits and te Yamato 1/48's in my opinion...

Yeah, I'd love a Bandai SOC Macross ship. But for some reason Macross doesn't seem to get any love from Bandai.

I mean, even Dunbine has a MG kit, several HG's and 2 MSIA type action figures. But Bandai only seems interested in releasing old stuff, (and didn't even release the 3 most wanted 1/55's in the process) for Macross and can't even put out a nice rendition of the vessel that "Macross" is named after.

Yep, a SOC SDF would be the coolest thing,either version...however I just don't think Bandai is interested.

Unless, somehow a cameo of the ship ends up in the next Gundam series... ;)

True enough, but both Yamato and Bandai have had licensing agreements with Big West, and most certainly could obtain further licenses if they had the motivation too. Regardless, I was just curious to know if anyone had any info or rumor on the planned Yamato SDF-1. The Bandai SoC SDF-1 was just wishful thinking :) How frigging sweet would a foot and a half long metal SDF-1 SoC be, owning one would almost be a pre-requisite to calling yourself a Macross fan B))

So, I assume that there has been no announcement as far as a Yamato SDF Toy. Has anyone heard anything one way or the other? A year or two ago, there had been some sort of semi-formal announcement or perhaps it was a dinner discussion Graham had with a connection, but I thought the word was that Yamato was actively recruiting a sculptor / Sculptors to make a scale SDF toy.

Have any of you information guru's seen any talk of this on insider japanese discussion boards? Is the project still a possibility or is it dead in the water?

I really, really, really want a nice quality, highly detailed SDF toy for my collection, and god love em, but the old Bandai versions just aren't quite the level of detail I want.

Hell to be honest, if Bandai would make a sharp SDF toy in the Soul of Chogokin line, something along the lines of the battleship Yamato, or the Harlok vessel, I would jump out of my skin to buy one.

I hope somebody out there makes something for us. the old Bandai's just don't look right next to the details in the Hasegawa kits and te Yamato 1/48's in my opinion...

Well, if you really really want a SDF-1... no matter the price, you could always get this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5954057169&rd=1 :D

So, I assume that there has been no announcement as far as a Yamato SDF Toy.  Has anyone heard anything one way or the other?  A year or two ago, there had been some sort of semi-formal announcement or perhaps it was a dinner discussion Graham had with a connection, but I thought the word was that Yamato was actively recruiting a sculptor / Sculptors to make a scale SDF toy.

Have any of you information guru's seen any talk of this on insider japanese discussion boards?  Is the project still a possibility or is it dead in the water?

I hope somebody out there makes something for us.  the old Bandai's just don't look right next to the details in the Hasegawa kits and te Yamato 1/48's in my opinion...

Well, if you really really want a SDF-1... no matter the price, you could always get this:

Starting at $350 with BIN of $460? Ouch...

So, I assume that there has been no announcement as far as a Yamato SDF Toy.  Has anyone heard anything one way or the other?  A year or two ago, there had been some sort of semi-formal announcement or perhaps it was a dinner discussion Graham had with a connection, but I thought the word was that Yamato was actively recruiting a sculptor / Sculptors to make a scale SDF toy.

Have any of you information guru's seen any talk of this on insider japanese discussion boards?  Is the project still a possibility or is it dead in the water?

I hope somebody out there makes something for us.  the old Bandai's just don't look right next to the details in the Hasegawa kits and te Yamato 1/48's in my opinion...

Starting at $350 with BIN of $460? Ouch...

Yeah, its a lot... but at least you're paying half of this one:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=10719

and still getting a SDF-1. ;)