Fisher-Price Gerwalk?

one_klump

I was going through Toys R Us yesterday with my daughter, and as we passed through the Resuce Heros section, a particular jet caught my eye. On the box was a picture of a normal looking Rescue Heros vehical, but the side pics showed it in Gerwalk form!

I had to look this up on the internet and show you guys.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...pictures&img=14

that sonic one looks pretty cool do you have any pics of it in full jet fighter mode? (that is of course if it has one)

Well its in the cartoon and the first time I saw it, I thought: WTF, that's from macross isn't it?! :D I don't think it has arms though..

http://www.nefkom.net/amarillo/gallery/gallery.htm

^

There might be something there resembling the jet fighter mode, along with some robots that look similar to things from various other popular shows you might have seen. heh

gamma.jpg

^

Here's a kid's regult. jk

hot_shot.jpg

^

something from battletech?

fly_dog.jpg

^

it would be cooler is this converted

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

yea there is a pic not to bad looking but when you click it on the close up looks blurry. is it me or does this Sonic X character look familiar????? :huh:

My kid just loves my 1/48's and is always trying to get at them, so I decided to buy him a Transformers Go-Bot (as seen below). I was quite impressed with how the transformation is very close to what the valks are (more like the 1/55's), and it even has a GERWALK mode as well. The chest and nosecone fold down and the head comes up through the middle just like a valk.

bios_aerobot_print.gif

Edited by Metal_Massacre_79

hot_shot.jpg

Madcat Mech

actually, the Catapult is what you should refer it more as it appears. There's not enough visual in that design to actually make it look more like a Timberwolf (MadCat) or (even harder to justify) a Marauder.

in fact the torso sections remind me of the Stone Rhino or a Project Phoenix: Marauder in fact.

more than a few possible court cases in that design.

hot_shot.jpg

Madcat Mech

actually, the Catapult is what you should refer it more as it appears. There's not enough visual in that design to actually make it look more like a Timberwolf (MadCat) or (even harder to justify) a Marauder.

in fact the torso sections remind me of the Stone Rhino or a Project Phoenix: Marauder in fact.

more than a few possible court cases in that design.

Definately a catapult. ;)

Simply put, they've been inspired by all of the designs we grew up with. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Yup. I've even got a mecha in my webcomic that was pretty much inspired by a GERWALK. I was trying to get a Glaug pod/Maruader stance to it, but it ended up looking like the bastard offspring of a VF1 and a Comanche helicoptor.

My kid just loves my 1/48's and is always trying to get at them, so I decided to buy him a Transformers Go-Bot (as seen below). I was quite impressed with how the transformation is very close to what the valks are (more like the 1/55's), and it even has a GERWALK mode as well. The chest and nosecone fold down and the head comes up through the middle just like a valk.

bios_aerobot_print.gif

Reminds me of the VA-3 invader...

Ugly, but nice for kids. :)

My kid just loves my 1/48's and is always trying to get at them, so I decided to buy him a Transformers Go-Bot.

Hmm, my nephew's 2nd birthday is coming up in a few months. I think I'll be getting that TF/Go-Bot for him. Since he always wants to play with my valks. Thanks for mentioning this bot, Metal_Massacre_79.

Checked out the TF/Go-bots at TRU today...had to look around because they were in the "little kids" section as distinct from the mecha/anime toys section. There were four varieties there, two which had chrome schemes and two which had fists that shoot. All seem to have some sort of noisemaking ability when you press a button but it wasn't very loud over the background noise of the store. All were $15. I almost got one for my nephew but since he's only 6 mos., I decided I could wait and see if TRU has a sale.