The Nintendo DS & GBA thread

wakobi

what 2 issues your talking about ?

340064[/snapback]

Ghosting and washout.

340069[/snapback]

Im assuming your talking about the old sp,

Yah.

The new backlit SP has no display problems that I can see.

I read they did the front light since the backlight tech of the time sucked up power like a psp.

Heh.

I'm pretty sure it was just so they could use the same screen in both systems, though that WAS the reason the original GB and GBColor weren't lit. Possibly GBA even. But the SP could've been backlit.

My only prob is they took them too long to get the more effient backlighting into it, think it would have oled screen by now. 

OLED still isn't ready for prime time.

And I still play my NES and 2600 so you'll excuse me if a system with a maximum expected life, and thus maximum guaranteed software usability, of a single decade is less than appealing to me.

You're not joking? You really play your 2600 to this day? OMG. Sorry I just think that is funny. As a little kid even I thought the games were way too primitive to enjoy. hehe They were good for thier time, but man what on earth are you doing playing stuff that old? That would be like me still playing my old Donkey Kong Jr. Game and Watch over halo 3. :D What addictive game be that good that you'd still be playing it on such an old legacy system after so many years?

I've got quite a few worth playing.

The LCD games were never my thing.

I DO play Donkey Kong Jr still. I just MAME the arcade, for original yummy goodness. Sometimes the NES version.

But comparing DKJr to Halo 3 is kind of absurd.

For 1, Halo 3 isn't available.

For 2 , they're totally diffrent KINDS of games.

Which goes back to why I still play the older systems. I LIKE the simplistic gameplay.

Sure a deep and involved action-adventure is great, but so is just blowing the ever-living sh!t out of stuff for a few minutes.

I know but there is a huuuuge jump from gaming systems of that era and today (computers tend to double in power every 2 years) compared to there not being much of a huge jump in quality or massive change in anime from the 80s to today.

Take shows like yugioh for example. Macross looks good next to it, and story wise I would much rather watch this than that.

Macross looks pretty atrocious next to anything modern I've seen.

But the story is still good, and that's why I'm here.

Same with games. Sure River Raid is blocky and Asteroids flickers like a mofo, but the gameplay is the same.

What's more, it's a style of gameplay that's not done very often any more. Hence the market for retro-gaming compilations.

No seriously I'm not making fun of him or anything, I honestly find that amazing that someone can enjoy really ancient games on old systems. No offense was intended - more power to him if that is what he likes. I mean usually for me what happens is I play a game to death, get sick of it, and never return to old stuff. (for example when I think back to old classics on the snes, I know I can never enjoy them the same way I used to when they were new because I know too much about them. Like in super metroid there is no element of surprise anymore if I were to play it again)

Interesting you mention that.

My favorite games tend to be randomized. Asteroids is never the same game twice, though the difficulty ramp-up may be similar each time out.

Once in a while I do play old emulated games like from 10 years ago, but what happens is I realise that stuff around the 8bit era and anything prior to that has limits due to hardware.

Everything does. It's just a matter of what limits you choose to look at.

Everytime I think back to the 8bit era I am reminded of things like choppy scrolling, tiny flickering sprites, slow speed, simple sounds, games that are 64k in size, graphics that look like a memory map, barely any animation to speak of, waiting 10 mins for a tape deck to load the game into memory on my c64 and the wait not being worth it, etc :D

I don't know of any games I have with choppy scrolling.

Flicker's not usually a problem in the titles I play, and tiny sprites are nice sometimes. Let you get more action on the screen.

Speed... depends on the game. Defender can hold it's own today, for example.

But it all depends on what's going on. Ninja Gaiden's no less of a bitch for the slower pacing.

The sounds... there's some damn fine PSG noises out there.

Graphics and animation... I don't mind the blockiness, as long as I can tell what's going on. And NES Metal Storm should torpedo any arguments about limited animation.

I don't think I've ever played a tape-loaded game in my life.

But I HAVE felt that the BIOS screen, developer splash screen, publisher splash screen, title sequence, menu, and intro sequence haven't been worth it on several newer games.

I don't know...I can never go back. I'm so grateful to be living in a more high tech era.

I am too. I can emulate all that stuff I don't have. :p

Seriously, I enjoy modern games too, and appreciate the things the more powerful hardware's brought. I just don't see a major problem with the older stuff.

I own and play a little bit of everything from the 2600 up through the current generation. NES, Genesis, PS1, Dreamcast, whatever. It's ALL good.

I think there is good stuff now and good stuff then, but people just haven't looked hard enough.

Exactly! :p

I read they did the front light since the backlight tech of the time sucked up power like a psp.

Heh.

I'm pretty sure it was just so they could use the same screen in both systems, though that WAS the reason the original GB and GBColor weren't lit. Possibly GBA even. But the SP could've been backlit.

the original gba had enough room for the afterburner kit and was put out eariler so my guess why they didn't use a internal lighting system was the same old docerin of long battery life. the original gb and its versions had diffent screens and was differnt from pocket ver and gbcolor ver. But had plenty of room for lighting on the sides of the lcd screen. my old 2 gb I took apart since my first one the speaker was messed up to due to vocanic ash and the next one many years later was just getting old and just got curious ;) . But I have to guess to save power too but I didn't feel it needed to be lighted up, It was very easy for me to see the huge pixels of the time.

My only prob is they took them too long to get the more effient backlighting into it, think it would have oled screen by now. 

340177[/snapback]

My self Xmas present dissagrees with you. I need a new mp3 player since I tend to destroy them when im hiking plus it plays movies and this can play movies compared to my second choise the arex thumbstick solid which just have a 2 color oled screen.

tm-630 media player

Heh.

the original gba had enough room for the afterburner kit and was put out eariler so my guess why they didn't use a internal lighting system was the same old docerin of long battery life.

Perhaps. I'd think they skipped front-lighting because it's more complicated and doesn't offer even lighting.

I can't speak for the quality of the afterburner's lighting, but the original SP had pretty uneven coverage.

the original gb and its versions had diffent screens and was differnt from pocket ver and gbcolor ver.  But had plenty of room for lighting on the sides of the lcd screen.  my old 2 gb I took apart since my first one the speaker was messed up to due to vocanic ash and the next one many years later was just getting old and just got curious  ;) .  But I have to guess to save power too but I didn't feel it needed to be lighted up, It was very easy for me to see the huge pixels of the time.

Yah. Original GB could've been lit. But they would have had the same abysmal battery life of the GameGear and company.

Was also why they were monochrome. You couldn't get a passive color screen that was really visible at the time.

I knew the original, Pocket, and Color used diffrent displays, though.

Pocket had a much cleaner monochrome screen, and the Color used the same tech as the Advance.

340177[/snapback]

My self Xmas present dissagrees with you. I need a new mp3 player since I tend to destroy them when im hiking plus it plays movies and this can play movies compared to my second choise the arex thumbstick solid which just have a 2 color oled screen.

tm-630 media player

340192[/snapback]

My mistake. I was under the impression they still had some problems to iron out.

Could just be a case of Nintendo using a tech they already have hardware for, then.

Using OLED could require a signifigant redesign of the hardware to replace the LCD driver with a OLED one. Dunno if the display driver is integrated with the rest of the hardware or not.

Pocket had a much cleaner monochrome screen, and the Color used the same tech as the Advance.

Also the original gb screen was differnt and the ones put out years later. the first ones with the standard screws the screen was more faded compared to the newer ver with those 3 prone safety screws that hold them together.

Could just be a case of Nintendo using a tech they already have hardware for, then.

Using OLED could require a signifigant redesign of the hardware to replace the LCD driver with a OLED one. Dunno if the display driver is integrated with the rest of the hardware or not.

Thats why they pay the designers to make it work if they wanted to. wished psp or gp2x used the oled tech but they will either push out another product with it or do a "nintendo" with the newer sp.

340251[/snapback]

Also the original gb screen was differnt and the ones put out years later. the first ones with the standard screws the screen was more faded compared to the newer ver with those 3 prone safety screws that hold them together.

I thinik it's got more to do with aging than it does with whether or not they used the security screws.

The original GB LCDs are either breaking down with age, or the connector is(likely the connector, given the column failures).

Thats why they pay the designers to make it work if they wanted to.

But that makes you redesign your chipset, which costs money, which eats into your profits. They aren't in this just for fun. They're here for the money.

wished psp or gp2x used the oled tech but they will either push out another product with it or do a "nintendo" with the newer sp.

I doubt it.

They're likely all going to wait another generation or 2. Let OLED prove long-term reliability on someone else's product first.

Like I said, since it's not a drop-in replacement, you won't see them swap screen designs. Their current video hardware is mated to LCDs. They don't want to redesign the chipset just so they can use a new technology with little field testing.

I thinik it's got more to do with aging than it does with whether or not they used the security screws.

The original GB LCDs are either breaking down with age, or the connector is(likely the connector, given the column failures).

nope I had the the newer one longer and it was way more clearer than the ones that came out back in earily 90s

But that makes you redesign your chipset, which costs money, which eats into your profits. They aren't in this just for fun. They're here for the money.

fire your workers then if they serv no purpose in development :p

I doubt it.

They're likely all going to wait another generation or 2. Let OLED prove long-term reliability on someone else's product first.

Like I said, since it's not a drop-in replacement, you won't see them swap screen designs. Their current video hardware is mated to LCDs. They don't want to redesign the chipset just so they can use a new technology with little field testing.

You can still wish for a oled or pled screen psp or gp2x :p

should been already been proved reliable since its invention in 1980 and its in many watches since its basicly the el lights in casio watches just in an active matrix display. Also oled diodes lifespan has been increasing steadly over the years just need to figure out the blue problem. plus since its already been a mp3 player with a oled display the size of an 1 inch cube, it shouldn't be much differnt driver to run it and can be made small enough that if the buiness decides the overall cost would get lower since oled and pled is cheaper than lcds.

I like to see a regular lcd this this

oled keyboard

Edited by Zentrandude

nope I had the the newer one longer and it was way more clearer than the ones that came out back in earily 90s

Fair enough. I've got 2 original bricks, but they're both fairly early bricks. Around Zelda 4's release, I think.

fire your workers then if they serv no purpose in development :p

There's more to it than that.

You have to regear all your chip fabs to burn the new chip, which can cost a LOT of money.

And even relatively trivial changes can take massive amounts of effort(and thus money) to implement. To the degree that it's cheaper to waste the silicon on transistors you'll never use than it is to redesign the chip to remove them.

The GBMicro has all the 8Bit GB hardware. It just lacks the voltage switching hardware needed to read 8Bit games and the switch to detect them. Removing the 8-bit hardware would've saved them silicon and increased their per-wafer yield, but they wouldn't have made the redesign costs back in a reasonable time frame.

I doubt it.

You can still wish for a oled or pled screen psp or gp2x :p

should been already been proved reliable since its invention in 1980 and its in many watches since its basicly the el lights in casio watches just in an active matrix display.

Which isn't QUITE the same thing. Being able to make a large plate glow blue-green is a lot diffrent than a full-color display.

Also oled diodes lifespan has been increasing steadly over the years just need to figure out the blue problem. 

Blue problem? I think that's why we don't have many of them up yet.

plus since its already been a mp3 player with a oled display the size of an 1 inch cube, it shouldn't be much differnt driver to run it

An MP3 player designed from the ground up.

When you 're making a new product, it's not that hard to design for a new driver. When re-casing an existing one, you have to either redesign the chipset or continue with the old display tech.

It should be clarified that when I say driver, I don't mean in teh Windows sense of a piece of software telling the rest of the software how to talk to teh hardware. I mean the piece of hardware actually responsible for flipping your pixels on and off.

The hardware driving an OLED display bears very little resemblance to an LCD.

I like to see a regular lcd this this

oled keyboard

340278[/snapback]

Could be done. Rather easily. Just gotta throw a white LED under them for lighting if you want a glow.

And Should I point out that that keyboard DOESN'T EXIST?

IT'S A CONCEPT RENDER.

Teh russian group that designed it is trying to bring it to market. And they've said OLED is A possibiility for the key displays.

You have to regear all your chip fabs to burn the new chip, which can cost a LOT of money.

And even relatively trivial changes can take massive amounts of effort(and thus money) to implement. To the degree that it's cheaper to waste the silicon on transistors you'll never use than it is to redesign the chip to remove them.

OLEDs are the most cost-effective to manufacture and drivers cost compared to reg lcd is near the same.
Which isn't QUITE the same thing. Being able to make a large plate glow blue-green is a lot diffrent than a full-color display.

very much the same thing. oled is electro lum only diffence only thing is format which is same for regular lcd. Think the el in your watch is a giant subpixel of an oled display.
theres already tons of them out there just need to open your eyes soon Ipod will join the portable media crowd and it will realy show. hopefully they can make blue last as long as the other colors. With the money invested from mac should make it come faster than expected; Cheaper than class action law suites .:lol:

When you 're making a new product, it's not that hard to design for a new driver. When re-casing an existing one, you have to either redesign the chipset or continue with the old display tech.

Not realy look at your new sp and look at pc boards theres many revisions that will fix existing probs before and after launch of the product. Many pc mother boards come into mind with that.
It should be clarified that when I say driver, I don't mean in teh Windows sense of a piece of software telling the rest of the software how to talk to teh hardware. I mean the piece of hardware actually responsible for flipping your pixels on and off.

I already know that so you don't need to say that

Could be done. Rather easily. Just gotta throw a white LED under them for lighting if you want a glow.

sure if you want it to break like the ipod nano screen

IT'S A CONCEPT RENDER.

Teh russian group that designed it is trying to bring it to market. And they've said OLED is A possibiility for the key displays.

I know that for months

Edited by Zentrandude

OLEDs are the most cost-effective to manufacture and drivers cost compared to reg lcd is near the same.

UNLESS you've already integrated an LCD driver into your chipset and would have to redesign the chip!

I'm not saying that the cost of the driver circuitry is signifigantly diffrent. Just that there are massive costs associated with redesigning existing chips.

very much the same thing. oled is electro lum only diffence only thing is format which is same for regular lcd. Think the el in your watch is a giant subpixel of an oled display.

Right. And one giant monochrome pixel is not the same as an array of tiny full-color pixels. They have totally diffrent engineering problems and costs associated.

theres already tons of them out there just need to open your eyes soon Ipod will join the portable media crowd and it will realy show. hopefully they can make blue last as long as the other colors. With the money invested from mac should make it come faster than expected; Cheaper than class action law suites .:lol:

No, there's not a lot of OLED displays out there right now. LCD is still by far the preferred solution.

Edited by JB0

Not realy look at your new sp and look at pc boards theres many revisions that will fix existing probs before and after launch of the product. Many pc mother boards come into mind with that.

Motherboard redesigns and chip redesigns are diffrent issues.

The SP uses the same CHIPS as the original GBA. So does the Micro. Hell, even the DS uses 'em for GBA mode.

And motherboard manufacturers don't give a crap. They buy standard components and solder 'em in. The costs I'm talking about NEVER affect them.

I already know that so you don't need to say that

Are you sure? Because it sure sounds like you don't.

sure if you want it to break like the ipod nano screen

And like the DS, neoSP, and PSP screens.

Oh, wait...

IT'S A CONCEPT RENDER.

I know that for months

So you presented it as a real product anyways?

UNLESS you've already integrated an LCD driver into your chipset and would have to redesign the chip!

I'm not saying that the cost of the driver circuitry is signifigantly diffrent. Just that there are massive costs associated with redesigning existing chips.

No more that it is now using existing technology and theres companies that make driver ic in bulk.
Right. And one giant monochrome pixel is not the same as an array of tiny full-color pixels. They have totally diffrent engineering problems and costs associated.

subpixel ; array just more of them ;) ano there is no engineering problem than the usual technology curve. "organic EL (electroluminescent)"
No, there's not a lot of OLED displays out there right now. LCD is still by far the preferred solution.
heh guess kodak, samsung, dupont, hitachi, and soon mac and various overseas companies is not alt :p

And motherboard manufacturers don't give a crap. They buy standard components and solder 'em in. The costs I'm talking about NEVER affect them.

chips on pc boards and the term is stuffing
Are you sure? Because it sure sounds like you don't.
Insults don't suit you.
So, People do it all the time like with ps3, xbx 360, psp, nds, 1:48 valks way before the product came out. Edited by Zentrandude

So, People do it all the time like with ps3, xbx 360, psp, nds, 1:48 valks way before the product came out.

340309[/snapback]

That doesn't make it right or smart... and it certainly doesn't help in an argument.

Not to mention the difference between this keyboard and the examples you gave is the difference between products well on their way to market, from well established companies, versus vaporware that some Russian company no one on these boards has probably ever heard of.

larger buisness has there share of vaporware too.

340339[/snapback]

Certainly. I still don't see your point. You're comparing a product the future of wich is questionable, to products that were or are on their way to market.

Well this is a fun thread.

So uhh...anybody have any idea if I can replace the reflective TFT LCD in my Neo Geo Pocket Color with a backlit one?

340343[/snapback]

neo geo pocket died out like 5 years ago so there isnt a kit to make it backlight but if your good with electronics and have good set of tool you might try to see you can modify an afterburner kit to fit in there.

Certainly. I still don't see your point. You're comparing a product the future of wich is questionable, to products that were or are on their way to market.

oled is already proven to be flexible compared to lcd which would break due to stress on the glass plates, having oled on keyboard buttons isnt that far off.

Edited by Zentrandude

No more that it is now using existing technology and theres companies that make driver ic in bulk.

Yes, companies DO make driver ICs in bulk.

But here's the thing... our current portable gaming devices, as far as I know, don't USE dedicated driver ICs. They're integrated into the system's chipset along with a lot of other parts.

Redesigning a chip, as would be requiredto change the driver circuitry out, is a VERY expensive process.

What part of this are you not getting?

heh guess kodak, samsung, dupont, hitachi, and soon mac and various overseas companies is not alt :p

There are no Macs using OLED. You probably mean Apple.

And I'm not speaking in terms of "Wow, a really big company made a single product with OLEDs." I mean perecent of the market.

If I had to guess, I'd say the market is 80% LCD right now.

chips on pc boards

Yes. But the motherboard manufacturers don't design chips. They have no costs associated with that.

When a revised motherboard comes out, it doesn't mean they redesigned the chipset.

It means they rearranged the parts, and maybe replaced a few with their suppliers' new models. This MAY require a bit of new BIOS code. But they use standard off-the-shelf EPROMs, so there's still no chip fabrication expenses incurred.

Redesigning a motherboard is NOTHING like redesigning a microchip, and I can't believe you're trying to say it is.

and the term is stuffing

No, it's soldering.

The fact that you're correcting me for using the ACTUAL term instead of a generic colloquialism just proves we're on totally diffrent levels here.

So, People do it all the time like with ps3, xbx 360, psp, nds, 1:48 valks way before the product came out.

There's a diffrence.

Those all used fairly well-established technologies, and had lots of cash behind them. The closest any of those got to new technology was the DS touch screen.

You're citing the keyboard as evidence that a technology is viable. When in fact, the product is NOT in production, or even prototype stage, and they don't even know if they CAN use the tech you're using it to support.

I'm washing my hands of this.

Well this is a fun thread.

So uhh...anybody have any idea if I can replace the reflective TFT LCD in my Neo Geo Pocket Color with a backlit one?

340343[/snapback]

Likely not. But if you can find an old Afterburner, there's a good chance you can modify it to fit your NGPC.

Yes, companies DO make driver ICs in bulk.

But here's the thing... our current portable gaming devices, as far as I know, don't USE dedicated driver ICs. They're integrated into the system's chipset along with a lot of other parts.

Belive it or not there is smarter people than you working in that field and can solve any conserns you have with that plus the driver for oled types isnt that much differnt that regular tft drivers.
There are no Macs using OLED. You probably mean Apple.

And I'm not speaking in terms of "Wow, a really big company made a single product with OLEDs." I mean perecent of the market.

If I had to guess, I'd say the market is 80% LCD right now.

I perfer to call them macs, keeps my idea of apple like it was about the 80s thinking (not all about 95% gayish style to attract customers but ability to help with computing power and software) 20% is still large if you look at all the devices out there (since we on mac they have like what 15% and thats still a huge number).

for sony link

kodak puts out lots of digital cameras many of the with oled screens since 2002.

Theres already been talk that the next gen ipods will be using oled for screen for some time and little bit faster due to the nano incident.

welcome1.jpg

Oled in dashboards

Grant for oled lighting for cities

Link to oled shipment numbers

Ge Oled household lightbulb plans

But it won't matter its clearly you hate Oled/pled tech.

Yes. But the motherboard manufacturers don't design chips. They have no costs associated with that.

never said that. I said motherboard manufacture redesign there products for differnt chips and if you look at some of the boards you can see that where theres sometimes blank spots on the board where a chip would go or changed it with another one (sometime a smaller chip that makes it easier to tell).
No, it's soldering.

The fact that you're correcting me for using the ACTUAL term instead of a generic colloquialism just proves we're on totally diffrent levels here.

Your starting to sound like mgrexx. your related eh?

Since your so omnipotent and know everything about the universe and the things in it. I may not know everthing in the universe like you and in electronics since its so vast and is changing at light speed but I do know enough. soldering faq (edit: incase the link doesnt work heres another one link) also called stuffing the board :p Only diffences you take it too far with detailed junk that doesn't matter and would make a starwars geek proud and I like to keep it short.

There's a diffrence.

Those all used fairly well-established technologies, and had lots of cash behind them. The closest any of those got to new technology was the DS touch screen.

Touch screen tech isn't that new you know and to me its just a fad since I notice junk from like radio shack all the sudden had touch screen before the ds came out.
You're citing the keyboard as evidence that a technology is viable. When in fact, the product is NOT in production, or even prototype stage, and they don't even know if they CAN use the tech you're using it to support.

no more when sony fanboys talking about the power of the ps3 and ps2 way before it came out and blueray storage cap of 50GB. plus I liked the consept and its comming out around 2006 (most likely late of the year but who knows other than the designers) so I choose it also while the oled keyboard is a year or 2 out there is a lower res lcd ver out just have to be careful since you know when you press against a lcd scren plus its low res and mono unlike oled will be in the many months ahead and be much better full color screens and less prone to breaking.

link

if you want heres a real prototype, i dont like it much the ones in the bottom look like a gba sp.fujitsu uglyness

I'm washing my hands of this.

Yah right I already know you won't its your nature to out geekify it. I seen you do it with nearly every subject you posted on the boards.

Likely not. But if you can find an old Afterburner, there's a good chance you can modify it to fit your NGPC.

already posted that :p

dont care anymore but I will still defend Oled/pled tech if you want to go on. pitty insults never bother me.

Edited by Zentrandude

• 2 weeks later...

Mario Kart, Animal Crossing just game out and looks to be pretty cool, Phoenix Wright has been out for at least a couple of weeks now, and early next year we have Metroid Prime Hunters, Harvest Moon, and others.

I love my DS.

I'm torn on grabbing Mario Kart for myself on the 15th, or holding off until I get the DS/Mario Kart bundle for my fiancee on the 28th.

MARIO KART DS.

November 15th.

November 15th, huh? Sucks for you guys who have to wait until Tuesday. One of the advantages to being management in a large game retailer is that I recieved an advance copy this weekend. The only difference between it and the retail version is that there's no barcode on the back, and the front says, "Not for Resale."

Granted, I haven't been able to put a lot of time into it, but I don't think it'd be unfair to call it the best Mario Kart game so far. It's got tracks and weapons from the previous games, but it's got new stuff, too. Initially, you can only play as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Toad, Boswer, Wario, and Donkey Kong, and each character has two carts... one is actually like a go-kart, and the others are like specialty cars. According to the manual, you can unlock more characters and karts, so that everyone has three total.

There's some new weapons too. The most intersting is the bloober. He shoots ink at the other drivers, forcing you to rely on the bottom screen's map to avoid hazards and stay on the road.

Aside from Castlevania, I'd definately say it's my favorite game for the DS so far. Pick it up!

I went to grab Animal Crossing DS this Friday, somehow I'd gotten it in my head that it was out. It, of course, wasn't, and was listed as being an early-mid December release, so I grabbed Phoenix Wright instead. This game is completely and utterly awesome. I've only gotten through a couple cases so far, but both the fiancee and I are having a lot of fun with it. It reminds me a lot of old adventure style games, like the ones Sierra and Lucasarts were famous for, they even have that one 'powering down' sound effect that was in just about every Lucasarts Adventure game. Plus it's just a blast to watch the story develop. This would make an excellent anime series.

To date I've gotten, aside from Mario 64 wich came with my DS, Advance Wars, Castlevania, Metroid Pinball, and Phoenix Wright. All of them are top quality titles.

I'm curious about Lost in Blue, it looks interesting but I haven't heard much about it.

Six of the eight upcoming releases at Gamestop are definitely on my 'must get' list. Sonic Rush, Metroid Prime Hunters (wich looks a lot better recently than the 'First Hunt' demo), Mario Kart (pre-ordered and paid for), New Super Mario Bros., Animal Crossing, and Mario&Luigi.

My mkds  fc is 287822-281726

This game is awesome online!

345425[/snapback]

Really? I heard it was running into issues online.

I like the game a lot, but in some ways, it's overrated. Yes, it is the best Mario Kart game so far. But seriously, it's still kart racing. I definately don't think it's the best DS game available... that honor still belongs to Castlevania.