SPACEBALLS SEQUEL?!?

Anubis

I think I've seen all his films and the ones in the 90 weren't that good. As far I know Gene Wilder is alive. A Space Ball Sequel could be very good or very bad. Very few of the actors in his 90s film could do the humor. Tracy Olman (spelling) did good in Robin Men in tights for example but Lesile Nelson in Dacula was a bad choice.

There were a few funny moments in those later films but they were just a few moments. Watch a edited for TV content version of Men in tights they remove the one or two funny lines from the film.

Actually, given how much crap has been floating around about how Lucas is screwing over the OT, Brooks has a motherlode of stuff to work with. LOL... actually.. what would be funny... SpaceBalls II should be a rehash of the old movie with scenes completely butchered on purpose, rampant CG effects where they aren't needed, badly redone lines, ridiculously bright flashes everywhere, etc... Knowing Brooks, he could probably do everything Lucas has done to the SW saga, and make it blatantly obvious (as well as completely hilarious), and people would love him for it, just for the sake of the fact that he's making fun of Lucas, and voicing the fans' opinion about his schenanegans.... LOL... If he did that, I imagine Spaceballs II would probably attract more of the SW fanbase than Episode III. :D I just have this lovely picture in my head of Spaceballs opening the day before Ep III, and stealing all of Lucas's spotlight. :ph34r: Hehe..

Then again, he could just call this Spaceballs: The Special Edition, make the movie completely different, and it might achieve the same effect. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chronocidal

To be more specific what I meant by "lost" was that Wilder has stated in the past that he chooses not to work with Brooks anymore... hence why he made such a bold move as to not be involved with the Young Frankenstien reunion... which I thought was quite douche-baggy of him. I think he had a massive falling out with Brooks a while back.

... but as for Madeline Kahn, yup she is deed. :(

That is the special in which Wilder refused to "take part in". His only "part" was limited to a simple, very short taped interview segment and he was the only member of the cast (other than Kahn, who had a pretty darn good excuse for not being there) who was not at the live event.

I have always gone on the hunch that it was Wilder's teamup with Richard Pryor in the late '70s that started the divide between him and Brooks. I remember seeing a few interviews with Brooks back in the early '80s in which he was either asked or commented on Wilder's "newfound success" as Pryor's partner and Brooks did not seem enthused. Unofficial rumor mill from back in the day was that Wilder and Brooks were to team up on a few more movie projects and had something of a "gentleman's agreement" but Wilder skipped out on Brooks to do a few more movies with Pryor and a sort of mutual "well screw you too then" attitude developed between them. I always found it funny that Wilder made his name in the movie comedy racket at the hand of Mel Brooks teamed up with Cleavon Little, one of the pioneers of the smart mouthed urbanite character type only to leave Brooks and Cleavon and team up with Richard Pryor and basically do the same schtick over and over again for a decade.

My favorite lines were from Slim Pickens.

"What in the wide, wide world of sports is goin' on here?! I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City happy people."

"Mr Lamarr, you use your tongue perttier than a twenty dollar whore."

Edited by JELEINEN

If Brooks puts out Spaceballs II I'll be first in line to see it. With my kids. They have watched Spaceballs so many times, they know it by heart and use lines from it about once a week. One day my wife mentioned the security code at her work, and my son yelled out from his room. "That's the second stupidest combination I've ever heard of!" :lol: Her combination is not much different from Pres. Scroob's luggage.

Anyway, I give Mel Brooks the benefit of the doubt, because he is a comic genius and I haven't seen a really stupid/funny movie in a good while. :p So I'll be there.

"What in the wide, wide world of sports is goin' on here?! I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City happy people."

Slim Pickens is a god among men. I actually use this line on an almost weekly basis at the office when I walk into the production area and everyone is goofing off.

What's also interesting is that Richard Pryor was also a writer on Blazing Saddles, which means he too would have worked with Mel Brooks.

The really interesting bit is that Pryor was hired to write the part of Bart to make it more "black" but Brooks ended up writing those parts and Pryor mostly concentrated on Mongo. According to Brooks the reason Pryor didn't play Bart was that he was too unreliable. He was high all of the time.

"What in the wide, wide world of sports is goin' on here?!  I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City happy people."

Slim Pickens is a god among men. I actually use this line on an almost weekly basis at the office when I walk into the production area and everyone is goofing off.

Was. He's been gone now for over twenty years.