Banpresto Valks

sleddogg83

A couple of bucks, sure. Though they are not that great of a toy. They are rather cheaply constructed and the joints are not very good. But for a few bucks they are worth having to just to open and transform them. And, you don't have to worry if they break or get damaged.

A couple of bucks, sure.  Though they are not that great of a toy.  They are rather cheaply constructed and the joints are not very good.  But for a few bucks they are worth having to just to open and transform them.  And, you don't have to worry if they break or get damaged.

Oops, sorry I thought you were talking about these

post-4-1096338460.gif

A couple of bucks, sure.  Though they are not that great of a toy.  They are rather cheaply constructed and the joints are not very good.  But for a few bucks they are worth having to just to open and transform them.  And, you don't have to worry if they break or get damaged.

Oops, sorry I thought you were talking about these

I am ~$10-15 USD. I just would like to see a gallery of the little buggers. The online stores don't have any decent out of package pics.

these little puppies aren´t as bad as many say. i have six of them and i hadn´t any problems with fasts packs or limbs falling off.

if would recomend to get them from HLJ. they have many of them on sale for 390 yens a normal and perhaps they´re still selling the super valks for 450 yens.

these are a good deal since you get full transformation and pretty good proportions {like the hasegawa battroid} and if you like yuo can even customize them without having any regrets.

If you do a search from the beginning you might find more threads on these, including suggestions for modding and/or fixing their flaws. They're actually a little smaller than 1/100. More like 1/110 or 1/120. I think the Strike ones might hold their armor better.

Briefly, the fixes I've heard of include:

• Using blu-tac or minwax to hold the heat shield on
  • Using either of the above, or double-sided tape, to keep the armor on
  • Using clear nail polish to bulk up some of the ball joints and make them stiffer

Here are a couple of mine (left-hand side). I think they are the most poseable Valkyrie toys around. You can certainly get them into all kinds of poses and yeah, they topple over sometimes, but so do 1/48s, which really ARE a problem when they break.

The FAST packs are a nightmare, though.

renfp-5.jpg

sharky Posted: Sep 27 2004, 07:49 PM

A couple of bucks, sure. Though they are not that great of a toy. They are rather cheaply constructed and the joints are not very good. But for a few bucks they are worth having to just to open and transform them. And, you don't have to worry if they break or get damaged

Which is exactly why I bought a few for my little boy :D !

I have 4 of them just for the HLJ sales, 3 of them are now broken cause i wanted to stiffer the hip joints and I broke 2 of them, they are really weak, then I managed how to dissasemble the hips without risk of broke them. One of them had a broken leg when i take it off the box :rolleyes: .

Mine only perfect banpresto is a Hikaru vf-1a W fastpacks with some mods suggests by the forum's people, i must say that they looks good only in battroid mode.

Issues:

1- floppy joints in all valks (fixed with nail polish)

2- Broken leg

3- wrong assembled feet in one leg (fixed)

4- poppy heatshield, front landing gear and arms super parts (fixed with sticky stuff)

5- One CF valk with deformed parts orrible in gerwalk and fighter.

I'm happy with:

1- Battroid mode

2- paint job

3- good fastpacks colors for dyrl valks

IMO: They are little, VERY cheap and cute toy, I'm happy to have some of them, a nice gadget. :) 6/10

PS:

Wich valks came with an heatshield? I know: Hikaru Vf-1 w FP, CF w FP, Roy colors w FP tv (series).

ivew neer had too many complaints about them. just need to do the Nail polish on teh joint thing to tighten them up. also, on my Super DYRL 1A Hikaru, I added some stright pins to hold in the arm armor better. Ive got a CF Im doing a full repaint of too....just wish i could fix the part of my Hikaru that i broke...cheap plastic. oh well. 15 bucks for a fun toy is well worth it

yeah i've got one super roy and i chucked it away in the closet after messing around with it for many months. it bored me out :unsure: ewwww..... <_<

the joints are still tight after coating them with layers of nail polish and superglue...so i may bully the toy again if i've nothing better to do.

:p

I had a roy and a CF, literally took me an hour to pose it into a respectable position. Floppiness and weakness was killing me and it had to have a decent pose. Eventually, handed it over to my 2 year old, there are currently pieces of it floating around the house...

:Dat

I wonder if they'll work out some sort of special if I by several. A cannon fodder army with the monster would be spiffy.

dude, they're like $3 or something ridiculous for the regular ones and $5 for the supers. so its either one 1/48 or about 40-50 banprestos. :p:D:lol:

they only give discounts(30-40%) if you have a wholesale account with them.

I know but 20 of them plus the shipping. Its the shipping that scares me.

well if you don't care about the boxes, you can always just tell them to toss'em and just ship all the valk and accessories....they might be willing to do that for you if you're buying a bunch of them? i can't see why it would be a problem.

I have a few of these non-fastpack regular ones and the shoulders were loose out of the box. Every other joint is tight, but given thier tiny size and poseability I think they are cool to have displayed in dramatic poses on top of your computer monitor because they are so light. (I have put some bluetack on thier feet ot make sure they don't fall off heh)

I have one standing in battroid mode in the classic pose:

macrossbatriod.gif

I also have some electric wire that can be bended and spiralled which acts as a stand for the fighter mode. Putting some blue tac on the base of this is enough to keep it steady.

A really cheap alternative when you want a set of valks to display around with no stress of losing and wrecking them.

I really wish the 1/48 had this kind of poseability. The balljoint legs on mine are stiff, so all those bent knee, "crouching with eye lined up to gunpod" poses are possible. And the shoulder bend towards and away so it can actually scratch its ass if it wanted to. These are like the gi joes of the valks. (in fact I have put a gi joe size handgun in max vf1j hand so he looks like a battroid cop who is going to crouch behind objects and rely on his accurate sharp shooting skill to bust the bad-guy battroids :) )

• 1 month later...
I'm probably one of the bigger supporters of these. I think they're great but I paid full price for mine. I have no regrets though.

I'm right there with you man, Banprestos kick ass, second only to the 1/48. they're the bee's knees (sweet).