Would Yamato stop producing macross items soon?

Protoplast

On the horizon, I don't anticipate any big or steady macross releases from yamato.

Maybe 1/100 vf-0s and 1/72 yf-19 FP, nothing else on the radar in the near future.

Is this a sign that yamato is moving away from macross toys?

I highly doubt there will be more releases of 1/48, they covered the basic VF-1S/J/A

Protoplast Posted on Sep 17 2004, 12:00 PM

I highly doubt there will be more releases of 1/48, they covered the basic VF-1S/J/A

YAMATO will be coming out w/ da 1/48 GBP Armor next year. Whose to say there not gonna offer this to go w/ a 1/48 1J as a set? ;):D

It looks like Yamato may be decreasing the number of releases to 3-5 a year so that they don't over saturate the market and so that they can focus on others properties as well. I think that Noel's recent report (Wonderfest or something like that) mentioned that Yamato was currently working on the 1/60 Max Q-Rau, 1/100 VB-6, 1/100 VF-0S, 1/100 VF-0A, 1/60 Monster and a 1/48 GBP. This should cover about a years worth of releases. I'm sure we'll see more 1/100 M0 stuff if the initial releases sell well. Yamato may also release more 1/48s (CF, TV Max 1A or other paint varients) once stores have moved the existing inventory.

Edited by VF-1Guy

Yes, things are slowing down for Macross fans, but I think the diversification is a good sign, ultimately. Because the other things we see on the horizon are BGC and Megazone 23 toys. Which means that Yamato is diversifying into 80's classic anime in general. Personally, I think that's a good way to build business and synergy, instead of risking Macross burn-out among their customers. Hopefully the Macross stuff will keep coming, as part of the overall mix.

As long as people are buying, they will keep making them. I am a little afraid of the VF-0S. It really isn't a good toy and the series doesn't appear to be very popular. If sales fall flat, I hope that doesn't mean the end.

Before it all ends, I really would like a SV-51, VF5000, better VF-11b, and a better YF-19. That would do it for me.

oh yee of little faith, more stuff is coming, just at a slower rate.

i hoping to god for some destroids and officer/battle pods, the mac 0 crap can get the boot.

Me too mate. BTW, the M0 stuff shouldn't get the boot, let's hope enough sales of it get out for them to release larger scale M0 toys. (I do not necessarily mean something as big as 1/48 <_< ..)

I want my 1/48 VF-0S !!! Guess why ? :p

I want my 1/48 VF-0S !!! Guess why ? :p

It's big badass mofo! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
In talking with my supplier, it seems the 1/48 line is getting pretty hard restock. I no longer can restock any 1/48 figures with the exception of the 1/48 Super VF1J Millia. Looks like we're going to have a dry spell on VF-1's until Yamato decides to reissue....

-K

well that doesn't sound like good news at all. :(

good thing i just caught up with my 1/48 collection. ;)

how much are the Hikaru VF1A reissue going for now? I just saw Neova get some Max's for $180? Good thing I got a case of them before... :p

Hard to say....I have the a few more VF1A Hikaru reissues coming in this week or next week. Along with this shipment, I am getting a few more 1/48 Super VF1J Hikarus, 1/48 Super VF1J Millias and 1/48 DYRL Fast Packs coming. I cannot restock anything after this...

how much are the Hikaru VF1A reissue going for now?  I just saw Neova get some Max's for $180?  Good thing I got a case of them before... :p

Hard to say....I have the a few more VF1A Hikaru reissues coming in this week or next week. Along with this shipment, I am getting a few more 1/48 Super VF1J Hikarus, 1/48 Super VF1J Millias and 1/48 DYRL Fast Packs coming. I cannot restock anything after this...

Hmmm I might need to get some more 1/48s. :D

how much are the Hikaru VF1A reissue going for now?  I just saw Neova get some Max's for $180?  Good thing I got a case of them before... :p

Hmmm I might need to get some more 1/48s. :D

seeing as you have so many, you might want to sell a few and pay for some of your collection. no better deal than FREE! ;)

I was planning to buy 2 Max and 2 more Millia soon. Are you saying that the VF-1J Max is out of stock in America now?

Protoplast Posted on Sep 17 2004, 12:00 PM

YAMATO will be coming out w/ da 1/48 GBP Armor next year. Whose to say there not gonna offer this to go w/ a 1/48 1J as a set? ;):D

or reissue a whole bunch

Hey guys I am new to the MW forums. Finally I found a place for true macross fans! :D

Anyways, I was thinking that if Yamato runs out of ideas for stuff it can always make the fighter versions for the macross planes. I mean nice, big, heavy and detailed with wing lights and stuff. I would love to see a YF-19 just in fighter mode.

what do you guy think?

post-4-1096641747.jpg

Must buy buy buy!:D

Do we have a compulsive buyer here? :lol::lol::lol:

Hello... look at my siggy here. :D And I will beat kensei out again because I will have 43 1/48s. MUWHAHAHAHA!!!

Poor 1/72's and 1/60's. They sure feel overwhelmed by the 1/48 greatness :lol:

Which are the lucky 1/72's and 1/60's you bought?

I was planning to buy 2 Max and 2 more Millia soon. Are you saying that the VF-1J Max is out of stock in America now?

Better get them now before they are gone. I only have a few Super Max left.

-Kevin

We've had what is it, a nice 5 year run with lots of new Macross toys from Yamato, Bandai, Banpresto, CM's & K&M, but I have a feeling that we are in for a long dry spell for at least the next several years (or possibly longer).

I think basically that the Macross bubble has burst and with Macross Zero drawing to a close this month and no new Macross anime or new Macross console game on the horizon, the toys are going to dry up soon.

From all I've observed and from conversations with various people in and out of Japan it seems like Macross is basically dead or dying in Japan. While there is of course a significant fanbase outside of Japan, that really does not concern the Japanese manufacturers like Yamato while they are unable to officially market their products outside of Japan.

It's obvious that Yamato's Macross product line is shrinking as they diversify into other anime properties. Most of the upcoming Macross products have been in development for 1-2 years already. I hope I'm wrong, but I've got a feeling that after the toys that have already been announced have been released, then that's it no more Macross toys.

So basically, what have we got to look forward to: -

1/60 Max Q-Rau (a recolor of an existing product).

1/100 VB-6 (Yay, an all new toy!).

1/100 VF-0S (in development for nearly 2 years!).

1/100 VF-0A (a head swap and recolor).

1/48 GBP (as told by Yamato to Noel).

1/60 Monster (as told by Yamato to Noel - And in development for 2 years).

Personally, I think that after 2 years in development and going nowhere the YF-19FP resculpt is as dead as a the proverbial Dodo and I'm betting that Yamato won't even attempt a design as difficult as the SV-51 toy. heck, I'm even begining to think that we wont see a 1/100 VF-0D and as for larger perfect versions of the Macross Zero toys forget it.

Hopefully Kawamori and Big West will release a new Macross anime for the 25th aniversery in 2007 so we might see some new toys then, but that's still a few years away :(

Graham

:blink: No 1/100 VF-0B?

No please :(

Lie to me and tell me Yamato has some hidden proyects waiting to see the light of day (1/60 DYRL? Nousjaeul Ger, VF-4, 1/60 SDF Mac Destroids, 1/60 Regult and/or Glaug, VF-17, Game Editions such as the VF-3000 and VF-5000, and other mecha).

I refuse to think Macross is dying!!! <_<

Well, I always wanted the Queadluun- Rau, the Garland since I saw Megazone and the VB-6 König Monster. I have the first one and the other two are miraculously being developed and released. Guess I must thank Yamato for this. But still there is a lot of mecha in the macross universe that I want to see in the form of a toy :angry:

Personally, I think that after 2 years in development and going nowhere the YF-19FP resculpt is as dead as a the proverbial Dodo and I'm betting that Yamato won't even attempt a design as difficult as the SV-51 toy. heck, I'm even begining to think that we wont see a 1/100 VF-0D and as for larger perfect versions of the Macross Zero toys forget it.

That pretty much sums it up for my feelings. I've been saying that the 19 is dead in the water for while now. maybe the sales of the other Macplus reissues didn't justify the resculpting of the 19.

I do think it depends on the Konig whether Yamato will continue a limited Macross run. I'm still hoping for a bigger Macross toy. It seems silly to have a Macross line and not have The Macross as part of it. <_<

As for the 1/48... time to stock up....

:p

Edited by >EXO<

Must buy buy buy!:D

Do we have a compulsive buyer here? :lol::lol::lol:

Hello... look at my siggy here. :D And I will beat kensei out again because I will have 43 1/48s. MUWHAHAHAHA!!!

:angry: Just you wait till December man, you goin down bro, you goin DOWN!!! :p:D:lol: I will enjoy our temporary Even Steven's status.

Hey seriously dude, if you want to sell some of your VF-1S Fockers send me a line. Of course I wouldn't think about touching your Low Vises, I doubt that I could get them out of your death grip. :lol:

We've had what is it, a nice 5 year run with lots of new Macross toys from Yamato, Bandai, Banpresto, CM's & K&M, but I have a feeling that we are in for a long dry spell for at least the next several years (or possibly longer).

I think basically that the Macross bubble has burst and with Macross Zero drawing to a close this month and no new Macross anime or new Macross console game on the horizon, the toys are going to dry up soon.

From all I've observed and from conversations with various people in and out of Japan it seems like Macross is basically dead or dying in Japan. While there is of course a significant fanbase outside of Japan, that really does not concern the Japanese manufacturers like Yamato while they are unable to officially market their products outside of Japan.

It's obvious that Yamato's Macross product line is shrinking as they diversify into other anime properties. Most of the upcoming Macross products have been in development for 1-2 years already. I hope I'm wrong, but I've got a feeling that after the toys that have already been announced have been released, then that's it no more Macross toys.

I hope that that isn't the case with Macross. I mean, with Yamato, wouldn't it be true to say that the 1/48 VF-1 Toy put them in the higher Toy Developer's category? I think that the 1/48s put them on the map so to speak. They owe their customers, particularly Macross fans a lot more than that. I shall continue to hope that they will still produce and reproduce Macross toys in the very near future. Perhaps, they can do a Bandai and reissue their 1/48 line in a few years. That way, I don't have to buy from the likes of Godzilla and TISINC.com....but particularly Godzilla :p:D (j/k. The guys at Tisinc are the real tools)

Edited by kensei

I get the feeling Graham may be right on with this. It does seem silly for Yamato to not make more 1/48's since the demand is obviously there, though.

But I think the nostalgia wave has about run itself out. I look at my toy shelf and I see some great toys and I'm just glad I got what I did.

But ultimately we'll see when we see.