Yamato 1/60, VF-1D

mantisfists

Hey, y'all. I'm just curious. I just bought a VF-1D....and it's legs are so damned floppy that I can barely pose it. Is that a common problem or did I just get a lemon? If I hadn't only paid 15 bucks for it, I'd have been pretty bitter. It looks great in all modes.....and I can get it in all kinds of poses. It's getting it to STAY in those poses that's a bitch. Also....I was thinkin bout buyin the GBP armor for it....would it fit?

i would have to say that the VF-1D that you bought is definately a lemon! i have about six of them and none of them have the floppiness problem.

what i suggest is that you check the pegs on the legs and see if they are worn out.

if so you probably bought one by one of these silly collectors that plays with his toys as though he were a child.

first the price seems really suspect.

you should try to buy from those who display not play!!!! :D

if so you probably bought one by one of these silly collectors that plays with his toys as though he were a child.

*bludgeons VF-19 Pilot with a Powermaster Optimus Prime*

Toys were meant to be played with!

*goes back to making gun sounds, while putting his Valkyries, and Zoids through combat*

EDIT: Forgot to add smileys. :p:):p

Edited by Greyryder

Well, my VF1-D has really tight joints.

Nope, the chest armor from the GBP can't be attached to the VF1-D nor the VE-1

and VT-1.

All the other 1/60's can sport the GBP armor.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

strange, I thought the VF-1D was supposed to be among the most solid 1/60s out there (where any of the super/strike valks are the worst), virtually everyone else here has had nothing but good things to say about the D.... sounds like a lemon to me also.

strange, I thought the VF-1D was supposed to be among the most solid 1/60s out there (where any of the super/strike valks are the worst), virtually everyone else here has had nothing but good things to say about the D.... sounds like a lemon to me also.

Nope the legs on my VF-1D are worse than those on my M&M Supers.

So i guess I got a lemon. <_<

1 VF-1 2NV

yup....that was me. sorry if i stole your item. that price was just too good to pass up. for the price i paid, i'm not really sweattin it. i'm sure i'll figure out something to tighten up those hips (i can't believe i just said that....usually i'm tryin to loosen em :-P). it wouldn't bother me so much if i DIDN'T play with my toys....but, i do (for shame....) shoot....if i could bring em in the bathtub with me without ruining em, i probably would. fact of the matter is, i LOVE the sculpt. i LOVE the poseability. i just can't keep the damn thing standing. it's only in battroid. it's beginning to seem to me that the cat i bought this off of knew that he had worn the hip joints out. ah, well....it's only 15 bucks. as for the gbp armor....some people are saying that it fits and some are saying that it won't, so i'm kinda confused. i was worried because, with the double cockpit, perhaps some of the armor would't fit and i didn't wanna waste my money on armor that didn't fit (especially with the news of the upcomming 1/48 scale....YAY!!!).

1 VF-1 2NV

yup....that was me. sorry if i stole your item. that price was just too good to pass up. for the price i paid, i'm not really sweattin it. i'm sure i'll figure out something to tighten up those hips (i can't believe i just said that....usually i'm tryin to loosen em :-P). it wouldn't bother me so much if i DIDN'T play with my toys....but, i do (for shame....) shoot....if i could bring em in the bathtub with me without ruining em, i probably would. fact of the matter is, i LOVE the sculpt. i LOVE the poseability. i just can't keep the damn thing standing. it's only in battroid. it's beginning to seem to me that the cat i bought this off of knew that he had worn the hip joints out. ah, well....it's only 15 bucks. as for the gbp armor....some people are saying that it fits and some are saying that it won't, so i'm kinda confused. i was worried because, with the double cockpit, perhaps some of the armor would't fit and i didn't wanna waste my money on armor that didn't fit (especially with the news of the upcomming 1/48 scale....YAY!!!).

No need to apologize. You didn't "steal" it from me. I chose to pass on it because I felt a vibe :p:D:lol: .

my only 1/60, a DYRL Max VF-1A,a dn the hips are mad floppy too...is there any way to fix this, like with the Banpresto?

You can disassemble the legs and build up the hip sockets/ball studs with a little bit of clear nail polish. On reassembly, you'll likely tighten all of the leg assembly fasteners better than the factory originally did, which will also make the landing gear, gear doors, and landing light hatches nice and tight, resulting in chunky monkey-like action. No more collapsing rear gear either.

While you're at it, *slightly* tighten the screws that hold the fore/aft chest and backplate sections and wings together - this will tighten up the wing sweep quite nicely. Arm joints can be tightened the same way.

The reason that the 1/60s have a reputation for floppiness is because of all of these incompletely torqued fasteners from the factory. All of my 1/60s got a ten minute tightening treatment right out of the box, and none of them presents any flop whatsoever... Except for those 1J heads perhaps ;) .