Cannon Fodder VF-1A Battroid

Berttt

Here are some pics of my VF-1A in "Cannon Fodder" livery. The photos were taken by a friend of mine at a local hobby show, the "Our Town Model Show."

Inside of the entertainment centre was quite dark so the pics really didn't turn out fantastic, but beggars can't be choosers.

post-3-1094032441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berttt

The base is something I slapped together as practice as I had never built ruined buildings before. I am not entirely happy and wil build a better one at a later date.

[edited for spelling]

post-3-1094033382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berttt

The figures are 1/72 scale German Panzergrenadiers. There was supposed to be a Marder APC in the building as well, but I got a little carried away with the groundwork, it will go back in with take 2.

post-3-1094037398_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berttt

I used the 40/60 ratio of Wood Brown and White as called out in the plans using Gunze acrylics.

At the moment I am torn between acrylics and enamels. I like acrylics for their ease of clean up, and the fact that oil washes don't effect them, but enamels spray on like a dream, and tend not to run as easily when very thin.

Also the kit has been subtly pre shaded, but unfortunately does not show up in the pics.

I don't think I will pre shade any more as it is far easier to post shade, on darker colours I now use a very thin mix of dark grey ar black, and on lighter clours I use Tamiya smoke. All I need now is a new airbrush (to replace the crappy Aztek 430) and I'm all set.

Thanks for kudos guys, the main reasons I visit MW is to see if there are any new kits that have been posted, so I thought it would be nice to share.

Edited by Berttt

That's a great diorama! But if I were those soldiers, I'd get outta the vicinity 'cause you know that CF will draw all the fire while Roy an dhis VF-1s is actually killing some bad guys! :lol::p

Seriously though the valk looks great too! I really like the faded/shaded areas on the gunpod.

Thanks guys, like I said before I am going to make a new base for this which should turn out a little better.

I have a Super VF-1A in Max colours that I am working on right now (and have been for most of the year) that is almost finished, I'll post pics when I'm done.

For those that haven't seen it, do a search and look for the Tigermeet VF-11 that I posted a few months ago. That's about it, I'm still learning all the skills need to finally get to a point where I am happy with my work, but I have a cupbaord full of kits that have to be built and my rate of effort isn't quite up there yet.

Brett

• 4 years later...
Hey man, lay off. It was brought up in another thread. I missed it the first time around, too.

I wasn't even around the first time.

It's just that when a thread dies, I've kinda learned it should stay dead. Excuse me if the first forums I was on banned you for necros. It's habitual for me. I just don't like to see something that's awesome and hope for more, only to find that it was made years ago, and there's nothing more for it in the future.

I wasn't even around the first time.

It's just that when a thread dies, I've kinda learned it should stay dead. Excuse me if the first forums I was on banned you for necros. It's habitual for me. I just don't like to see something that's awesome and hope for more, only to find that it was made years ago, and there's nothing more for it in the future.

Schizo, you really need to take it easy and let stuff go. You've been around here long enough now to know that reviving an old thread is no big deal and sometimes is even good. I'd guess that nearly 1/3 of your posts have either been criticizing someone for bringing up news that is old to you, an old thread, or something that you just don't think is very cool, or defending/explaining yourself after you rashly criticized someone. Bringing up an old thread here is not a big deal and I've even seen it result in some pretty cool projects.

The mods do a pretty great job on policing duplicate threads, old threads or threads that don't fit the specified subject range. In fact, they do a pretty great job all around and this is one of the friendliest and well organized forums I've ever seen. (granted, I don't frequent a great multitude of forums)

In case you haven't noticed, your little smart-alec responses really annoy many people here. If that is truly your purpose then I'm sure the mods will eventually weed you out. I don't think that is the case though, because you do make good and interesting contributions at other times in this forum.

Please, if you don't really have an interest in a thread that someone brings up, then just let it go, keep your snide opinion to yourself and move on. That will make this little sandbox a lot nicer for everyone to play in, yourself included.

Schizo, you really need to take it easy and let stuff go. You've been around here long enough now to know that reviving an old thread is no big deal and sometimes is even good. I'd guess that nearly 1/3 of your posts have either been criticizing someone for bringing up news that is old to you, an old thread, or something that you just don't think is very cool, or defending/explaining yourself after you rashly criticized someone. Bringing up an old thread here is not a big deal and I've even seen it result in some pretty cool projects.

The mods do a pretty great job on policing duplicate threads, old threads or threads that don't fit the specified subject range. In fact, they do a pretty great job all around and this is one of the friendliest and well organized forums I've ever seen. (granted, I don't frequent a great multitude of forums)

In case you haven't noticed, your little smart-alec responses really annoy many people here. If that is truly your purpose then I'm sure the mods will eventually weed you out. I don't think that is the case though, because you do make good and interesting contributions at other times in this forum.

Please, if you don't really have an interest in a thread that someone brings up, then just let it go, keep your snide opinion to yourself and move on. That will make this little sandbox a lot nicer for everyone to play in, yourself included.

So, you estimate i've made 712 posts telling people to not necro? If that's true, this site's internet etiquette policy is more screwed-up than I thought. <_<

It's just my opinion that this particular VF-1 and its diorama aren't amazing enough to die for 5 years and find sudden revival. I'm a firm believer in the "If you don't have something useful to add, don't necro it" ideology.

Now, excuse me. I'll request to have my title changed to "Site Apeface" since the stupid language filter doesn't allow its intended word.