Ultimate Toy chronicle

Solscud007

i havent seen anyone mention this mook except a brief post on how to order it. so I got it finally and did a review

Figure Ou #77 Macross Chronicle

and here is the custom 1/48 made by Figure Ou (not sure if the magazine made it or hired a modeler) but here it is and it is labeled in the Mook as "Figure Ou Original Paint Scheme Model"

post-4-1092968605_thumb.jpg

Pic of battroid and memo from Kawamori

Sorry for the big pics but I wanted to show the details.

Anazazi make some decals/stickers of this!!!!! The only hard part will be the pin up. there is a close up shot of it but its kinda small. Should be pretty easy to replicate. Find a pinup of a naked woman lying down and have her sit on a white comet with the words "Lady of the Comet" in yellow.

post-4-1092968824_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

IIRC, from discussions about this with Monkey-N, that "Meteor Busters" 1/48 VF-1A custom with a box autographed by Kawamori is the grand prize for a 'write a Macross essay' competition being run by Figure Oh magazine.

Basically, you have to write an essay (in Japanese) explaining why you like Macross and the best essay wins the custom 1/48. Other prizes for the runners-up include IIRC a full set of Doyushas, some Hasegawa Macross models, CMs Macross figures & some K&M Macross figures.

And of course the competition is only open to those residing in Japan.

Graham

nose looks good in fighter, but looks funny in battroid. Reminds me of a chinese foreign film I watched where this guy was insecure about his ability to please his wife so he got a transplant from a giant horse.....

IIRC, from discussions about this with Monkey-N, that "Meteor Busters" 1/48 VF-1A custom with a box autographed by Kawamori is the grand prize for a 'write a Macross essay' competition being run by Figure Oh magazine.

Basically, you have to write an essay (in Japanese) explaining why you like Macross and the best essay wins the custom 1/48. Other prizes for the runners-up include IIRC a full set of Doyushas, some Hasegawa Macross models, CMs Macross figures & some K&M Macross figures.

And of course the competition is only open to those residing in Japan.

Graham

Yeah, I know, I was gonna enter this but I forgot all about it and I only remembered right on the bloody closing date. Argh! Other prizes include a Kawamori-autographed 1/48 FAST pack set. Mmm!

Essays, though? Well, I don't remember very well, but I thought it was only supposed to be a few sentences on why you like Macross, etc. At the end of the day, it's a draw, and it's pretty hard to write an essay on the back of a postcard.

So when's the winner going to be announced?