20th Optimus Prime Masterpeice Trailer PICs

Mr.Sci-Fi

But how do I make it magically appear out of nowhere when I transforming Prime? :p

Looks great but does anyone know if Takara plans on making one (in the near future)?

I'm willing to bet they will release one in the coming year.

Mr Sci-Fi---what'd you start with? And was it 1/28 scale? I just got my MP Prime today, and a quick estimated-calculation of my own came up with 1/28, which is fairly common for model/toy semi's. I saw some 1/28 trailers at Wal-Mart recently, and thought they'd be good, if they were the right size. Now I have to go back and see if they still have them. (Not having the specs for the real truck Prime is based on, I went by drive-wheel size, which is fairly constant among all semis for the past 30 years)

That is sweet, the trailer in the pic is diferent then the one on the site, is that a hand made custom and thats what was started with. It would be sweet to add some piano hinges, a gas pump, a little car, you know where im going with it

As i read on a Transformers board, only the back door will magnetically open :lol:

Thats awesome!!!! I love it. Does it open up at all?

None except the back doors. This is my first one, I'll add splitting sides and other features like an interrior on my next version.

That one from japan looks like it won't open right, when they mention the doors opening with magnets I expect they means just the back doors.

Looks real good... it could be longer, but the jackstands are nifty.

Where's Roller dammit! :p

Seriously, nice job there.

Edited to add - Also, you might want to post this in the big MP Prime thread here. This thread might one Optimus thread too many.

Edited by Blaine23

I think anyone showing off their own work, especially when it kicks ass, should get to have their own thread to do so. It's really a different topic and purpose than a thread on a stock item.

Hey, I'm cool with that... I've just seen it happen before and I wanted to make sure all the folks reading the other thread saw his excellent work.

Looks real good... it could be longer, but the jackstands are nifty.

Where's Roller dammit! :p

Seriously, nice job there.

Edited to add - Also, you might want to post this in the big MP Prime thread here. This thread might one Optimus thread too many.

I think they should drop the whole Roller idea and give Optimus a BFG the size of the trailer. :ph34r:

Was Roller the equivalent of a dog in the TF universe? How come he didn't get to transform? Lower life form or something?

Basically roller was a non sentient robot, a transformer built robot without a spark. Teletran-1 is also in the same boat as a roller or any other drone/computer/robot that the TF's use.

I'm going to debate a while before I pick 1/28 or 1/32 for a trailer. If you notice, G1 Prime has a proportionately wider trailer than the one Mr Sci-Fi used (It is very good though, best fan-trailer I've seen yet, best size, too). As semi's go, G1 Prime isn't that big. If he was say, a Peterbilt 379, he'd look good with a 1/32. But I think a 1/28 might give the extra "boost" needed to make the trailer the correct proportions in size. Wish I could bring my MP Prime into Wal-Mart to do comparisons... (I don't dare) Since you can snag 1/28 trailers at Wal-Mart (just the trailers alone, no semi) they're cheap enough to buy to experiment. I plan on snagging one tomorrow, I'll take pics and let people see how it looks, compared to the 1/32.

(Went tonight, but the closer Wal-Mart didn't have any--will go to the other Wal-Mart tomorrow)

That is really really cool.

The only thing i was wondering about is that the trailer is 1/32, and i think the alternator series is 1/24. Also comparing the trailer size compared to the truck of the orginal optimus prime, it seems the trailer is a bit bigger.

But my personal taste is that size fits it perfectly.

And no, i would not ad this to the other MP optimus thread titled "to preorder or not"

Its also easier to keep up when is separate threads (some ppl dont read all 27 pages of the threads :PP)

*Alternators* are 1/24. But Prime is not an Alternator. And he is most definitely NOT 1/24.

::rechecks some things:: You know, now I'm thinking Prime might be 1/32, not 1/28. 1mm makes a difference when going by wheel size to calculate scale...

But wheels should definitely match. Just about every semi, tanker, and trailer, will have 22.5 inch wheels, at all locations. About the only alternative you'll see is 24.5 inch wheels. ::goes to measure again::

Hmmn, too small for 1/28, can get at most 19 inch wheels from that. But 1/32 gives 20-21 (I don't have micro-calipers or anything to measure THAT precisely). If I fudge a bit and go with 11/16 of an inch actually, in 1/32 that give 22 scale inches--only a TINY bit too small for 22.5in wheels. So now I'm thinking 1/32 is the better fit. (It could be they made Prime a random custom scale, like 1/30.67---but it makes more sense they made him a common model truck scale, just so he'd "look right")

(Wheel size is one of the few constants out there for trucks--wheelbase, overall height, and other things vary due to options even on the exact same model for the same year--and wheelbase can vary by several *feet*, overall height by a half-foot at least due to suspension type/condition alone---too much to leave to chance when trying to determine exact scale)

Edited by David Hingtgen

you know, i know that convoy/prime is not an alternator, but i thought i saw a picture with him and smokescreen and sideswipe together in vehicle mode and they looked liked the essentially they worked together, even though seeing them together in robot form seemed not quite right.

i don't have prime, so i can't really say, just going from memory (faulty as it probably is.) :D

anyways, i love the trailer. love how the side detail of it matches the G1 well. great job! all it needs is a big autobot symbol on it!

does the trailer fit the alternators by the way?

Myriad- no they aren't , the trailer wheels and tires are larger than primes. For primes size he has undersized wheels, this is one of those sacrafices hasbro made for a better bot mode.

Prime is a mess when trying to figure out scale.

dr_vandermeer- no it's about 1/4 or less to small.

*Alternators* are 1/24. But Prime is not an Alternator. And he is most definitely NOT 1/24.

::rechecks some things:: You know, now I'm thinking Prime might be 1/32, not 1/28. 1mm makes a difference when going by wheel size to calculate scale...

But wheels should definitely match. Just about every semi, tanker, and trailer, will have 22.5 inch wheels, at all locations. About the only alternative you'll see is 24.5 inch wheels. ::goes to measure again::

Hmmn, too small for 1/28, can get at most 19 inch wheels from that. But 1/32 gives 20-21 (I don't have micro-calipers or anything to measure THAT precisely). If I fudge a bit and go with 11/16 of an inch actually, in 1/32 that give 22 scale inches--only a TINY bit too small for 22.5in wheels. So now I'm thinking 1/32 is the better fit. (It could be they made Prime a random custom scale, like 1/30.67---but it makes more sense they made him a common model truck scale, just so he'd "look right")

(Wheel size is one of the few constants out there for trucks--wheelbase, overall height, and other things vary due to options even on the exact same model for the same year--and wheelbase can vary by several *feet*, overall height by a half-foot at least due to suspension type/condition alone---too much to leave to chance when trying to determine exact scale)

Prime is not an Alternator but both Binaltech and Master Piece lines belong to the "Tansformers 20 th Anniversary since 1984 " line so the scales match. I saw a 1/28 truck which was smaller than Prime in truck mode so .... :lol: