Looking for line art of DYRL Britai for figurine

Jasonc

Hi all. I've been trying to find a great deal of line art for the DYRL version of Britai. I'm in a very early prep stage of having a figure made of him, and right now, just need line art. This project is not going to be worked on for quite sometime, as I have one project I'm currently doing, but if anyone can help, it'd greatly be appreciated. I know there is some in basic Google search, which I'm gathering, but if anyone has some of the full figure, close ups of the face, and any other things like dynamic poses or the sort, that'd be great.

Not sure if he'll be posable or not, but the option is still there, and if so, being that his uniform has most of him covered up, it may be limited in what I do for that. Still working out if I want to make it posable or static, but being that he mostly just stands in the show with minimal arm movement, that might be it. In any case, you help would great be appreciated. As for size, I'm looking to size it with the rest of what I collect, so it'll be 1/60 only. Anyways, like I said, it's a long ways off, but something that I'd rather be over prepared for, than under prepared.

Not sure if he'll be posable or not, but the option is still there, and if so, being that his uniform has most of him covered up, it may be limited in what I do for that.

In lieu of making him posable, it would be interesting to at least offer two arm variations. You could have one normal standing position (arms by his sides or maybe hands on his hips) and one "command position" where he's guesturing with his right hand and making a fist with the other. Or something like that...

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

Might want to check the Mecha manual, But other then that Ive seen some full sketches of him on the web.

Thanks. I go there often, and sadly, didn't even think to look for the character stuff there. I'll check that out.

It's shockingly difficult to find a large version of the (color) image I am thinking of. I am pretty sure the one here is also in the DYRL movie program, which I can dig out and scan it if it is helpful for you.

090918_1_7.jpg

That's actually a pretty good image. I'm thinking this might be a good reference for the clothing and the sort. I'm gathering it all now so I can print it and store it (as well as keep it in a photo folder on my computer). Thanks for the image and the offer for the scan. I may have that, so if I can find it, you won't need to do that. If I can't, I'll pm you. Thanks for the offer. :)

Since I saw that Bandai 1:100 Britai I am dreaming of one in 1:60 scale !

If I am able to get one of those, I'd probably use that as a base to work off of as far as reference in dimentions in a 3D form.

In lieu of making him posable, it would be interesting to at least offer two arm variations. You could have one normal standing position (arms by his sides or maybe hands on his hips) and one "command position" where he's guesturing with his right hand and making a fist with the other. Or something like that...

That's also one of the options. the only problem I see with that, is that this well be a resin kit, and resin doesn't like to hold to well like that. Now, there are options where some resins act like ABS, and those might be possible, but if it turns out that this comes out like I want, using that resin would make the price go up (although, it'd be a great gimmick to have optional arm poses).

Mr K just tweeted this the same day this thread came up! :o

んで息抜き。
約1/60でブリタイさんのタテカン作成。
写真はVF-0S添え。

attachicon.gif160breetai.jpg

LOL, well, if the old t.v. version Britai is still not vaporware, this will be the optional version. I wonder if they'd make a DYRL version after? Sometimes I wonder if I'm trapped into some thought pattern as some of those guys across the ocean. This happened right after I used CAD to design the YF-25 Prophecy Paladin lance, I then see that the kit was announced to be sold at Wonderfest that upcoming year. Now, if only I could start work again on the 1/60 VA-3 and get word that that is coming out later this year.

Edited by Jasonc

Are you looking into making a 1/6 scale type of figure? With armor, cloth clothing, etc? Or more of a statue like figure? Either will be cool and I would be interested in one if made available for purchase.....although I would personally prefer the TV version Britai...

Unfortunately, all I have are character sheets for Macross Fever version Britai.....i am sure you can find DYRL version pics in several of the DYRL art books...I can take a look later if you haven't found what you need by then...

gallery_12176_600_66382.jpg

Hey Jasonc.

Hope this image will help you. Although it's black & white. Hope that's ok. ^_^

attachicon.gifbritai7018_goldbook.jpg

That's a lot of what I'm looking for. Thanks. I am going to print that image out in the size it needs to be for reference. I may use that look 3rd down on the left. It has a face that looks like he's either ready for combat, or is giving commands. I think with that should be the one arm in a fist, palm up. Eventually I'll do basic sketches for it.

Are you looking into making a 1/6 scale type of figure? With armor, cloth clothing, etc? Or more of a statue like figure? Either will be cool and I would be interested in one if made available for purchase.....although I would personally prefer the TV version Britai...

Unfortunately, all I have are character sheets for Macross Fever version Britai.....i am sure you can find DYRL version pics in several of the DYRL art books...I can take a look later if you haven't found what you need by then...

gallery_12176_600_66382.jpg

This will be a full sculpt. In thinking it over, I didn't want to get into having material for a 1/6 figure type, and then I'd have to make him a little more articulated. it's basically just going to be a resin figure when completely done. I do like the facial features of the t.v. version as well. Funny story tying all this news that was posted above regarding Mr. K's picture... I wanted to see the t.v. figure for awhile, along with a movie version. When Yamato announced it, I was set, but it was scrapped. In hopes that they'd pick it up again at a later date, I thought for a long time about doing the movie version. There was someone here that was going to do one, and if they were, I'd let them do theirs, and just get that one and be settled, but since there's been no news on that front, I decided to try and pick this up, oddly the same day I realize that the t.v. project isn't dead afterall.