Outrage! Disgust!

WTF????????????????

This thread has been in "TOYS" for a year and *NOW* you move it somewhere else??????

Like Carlos Mencia says, "Are you DEE DEE DEE?" Sheesh.

Good luck to all of you who were following this in "TOYS" and don't notice it was moved.

*Rolls eyes*

*Disgusted*

Edited by Skull-1

WTF????????????????

This thread has been in "TOYS" for a year and *NOW* you move it somewhere else??????

Like Carlos Mencia says, "Are you DEE DEE DEE?" Sheesh.

Good luck to all of you who were following this in "TOYS" and don't notice it was moved.

*Rolls eyes*

*Disgusted*

Yeah, it's a shame when things are put where they're supposed to be.

The moderator who moved it left a "shadow topic" that redirects to here. So, those who were following it in the Toys section will be able to find it. Further, were that not the case, if they were panic-stricken at the prospect of losing this thread, they could have used the search function. So, your righteous indignation is quite unwarranted.

In case you hadn't noticed, we've got a full staff of moderators again who are able to do a lot of the things that were falling by the wayside before. One of those duties is moving topics to their proper forums.

You're welcome.

H

Yeah, it's a shame when things are put where they're supposed to be.

The moderator who moved it left a "shadow topic" that redirects to here. So, those who were following it in the Toys section will be able to find it. Further, were that not the case, if they were panic-stricken at the prospect of losing this thread, they could have used the search function. So, your righteous indignation is quite unwarranted.

In case you hadn't noticed, we've got a full staff of moderators again who are able to do a lot of the things that were falling by the wayside before. One of those duties is moving topics to their proper forums.

You're welcome.

H

Yeah, that same forum that ROY FOCKER was threatening to ELIMINATE. --> http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=16165

QUOTING ROY FOCKER:

I'm leaning towards removing this forum all together. Really detailed instructions would be served in the submission section of the main site

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/submis...ssions_main.htm

Short tips and questions would be better posted in the normal toys and model section.

We were just following orders.

Dee dee deeeeeeee.

Allow me to kindly suggest keeping the "you're welcome" and smart alec "I am a moderator so I am god" to yourself, thanks. There's no need for it.

Ignoring the current internal inconsistency among moderators it took you guys an eternity to decide it was in the wrong place (in the case of this thread, 10+ months, and in the case of the numerous other 1/55 mod threads currently in TOYS it took you the entire time I have been a member of MacrossWorld--THREE *YEARS* and two months--yet the latter are still over there!!!!!!!!!!). That's your failure not mine.

That being said, if this forum section remains permanent then I consider the change a nice one. But so long as Roy has his little threat of removal (and instructions to post elsewhere) nicely thumbtacked to the top of the forum don't expect us to applaud.

Edited by Skull-1

Actually, my friend, the moderators have been discussing the fate of this forum. While Roy's opinion on it is valued, it is the minority opinion. So this forum will, in all probability, not be going anywhere. Rather than delete this forum, we've apparently decided to enforce the categories of these forums so that things are actually located where they logically belong. Now that we have a new batch of motivated, active moderators, such management can be undertaken more uniformly and regularly. Just because something has been in the wrong place for a long time is no reason to keep it there indefinitely.

Our apologies that someone hasn't taken your exquisite sensibility into account and deleted Roy's old post so as not to thoroughly confuse you. I'm very sorry that you have felt somehow wronged by having your thread moved to its proper place, a link to it made from its original home, and (now) even an explanation made as to why it was moved. Clearly, your indignant outrage and "disgust" is warranted as all this is a travesty of epic proportions. I assure you that inquiries are being made and the proper people will be disciplined forthwith.

Best,

H

P.S. You might consider not further derailing your own thread with your righteous, courageous, and clearly legitimate crusade against forum organization.

Actually, my friend, the moderators have been discussing the fate of this forum. While Roy's opinion on it is valued, it is the minority opinion. So this forum will, in all probability, not be going anywhere. Rather than delete this forum, we've apparently decided to enforce the categories of these forums so that things are actually located where they logically belong. Now that we have a new batch of motivated, active moderators, such management can be undertaken more uniformly and regularly. Just because something has been in the wrong place for a long time is no reason to keep it there indefinitely.

Our apologies that someone hasn't taken your exquisite sensibility into account and deleted Roy's old post so as not to thoroughly confuse you. I'm very sorry that you have felt somehow wronged by having your thread moved to its proper place, a link to it made from its original home, and (now) even an explanation made as to why it was moved. Clearly, your indignant outrage and "disgust" is warranted as all this is a travesty of epic proportions. I assure you that inquiries are being made and the proper people will be disciplined forthwith.

Best,

H

P.S. You might consider not further derailing your own thread with your righteous, courageous, and clearly legitimate crusade against forum organization.

I'm sorry, I know it's O.T. and I'm aware that I may be considered an uninterested party, and I very rarely do this sort of thing, But I just feel the need to chime in here.

Hurin, The guy was obviously a little pissed 'cus after 10 months or however long, the thread got moved (for no apparent reason-- if it's been somewhere for that long I think it's completely acceptable for him believe it was in the correct place) All that was needed was something along the lines of :

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that - must have been a bit of a shock, hunh? Well we've finaly got a full deck of Mods again and we're doing some house cleaning/straightening up of the forums. This should have been here all along. You'll probably see more of this kind of stuff in the near future. Best . . . "

I don't know whether your aware of it or not, but your comments often come off as sarcastic and condisending, and if someone is upset, that tone, in my experience never helps to make them any calmer or more receptive to explanations or Reason. You might want to reconsider your tactics. ---That is of course unless your aim was to explain why the thread was moved AND get in a few digs of your own to rile him up even more, if that's the case then congrats - job well done!

Charles.

Edited by Chas

I don't know whether your aware of it or not, but your comments often come off as sarcastic and condisending, and if someone is upset, that tone, in my experience never helps to make them any calmer or more receptive to explanations or Reason. You might want to reconsider your tactics. ---That is of course unless your aim was to explain why the thread was moved AND get in a few digs of your own to rile him up even more, if that's the case then congrats - job well done!

You pretty much just nailed it with that last sentence. Though I did not intend to "rile him up further." Rather, I intended to point out that he is (yet again) making a mountain out of a mole-hill. "Disgusted" is a strong word, and my responses have been very tame compared to his initial tirade.

Were I dealing with anyone else, I would have tried to diffuse the situation just as you suggested. But through years of seeing Skull-1 in action, I know it would be pointless. So, I'm finding a "middle way."

(Rhetorical) question: Why are you not asking Skull-1 why he responded so harshly to the move initially? Could he not have been more diplomatic and/or cordial in merely requesting a reason for the move?

This should really be the last word on this subject: This forum is probably staying (good thing). The threads that had been left un-organized are being moved as they are noticed (good thing). The organization of the forums will actually start meaning something again (good thing). So, I really don't see anything to get so "disgusted" about.

Since apparently nobody can help themselves from destroying that thread with petty bickering (yours truly included). And in the interests of not just deleting the posts via "fascist-style" purge. . .

If you must keep this discussion going, let's make it more civil than how it started. . .

And we'd gone so long without one of these sad little topics in here. :mellow:

I did not have the time.

I did not have the nerve.

To ask you how you feel.

Is this what you deserve?

When it's all too late... It's all too laaaaaaaate!

Change!

Yoooou caaaaan chaaaaange!

Change!

Yoooou caaaaan chaaaaange!

But TFF aside and in all seriousness, the moderation apologizes for any inconvenience you may experience. If anyone notices a favorite topic seems to have gone missing or has been moved please PM a mod if you have an issue with it and let us disuade your fears or issues. As Hurin said, the site is "staffed up" now and we are all doing our best to correct old issues and get things in better order. It would be a real shame to break our peaceful streak over simple belated housekeeping matters.

But TFF aside and in all seriousness, the moderation apologizes for any inconvenience you may experience. If anyone notices a favorite topic seems to have gone missing or has been moved please PM a mod if you have an issue with it and let us disuade your fears or issues. As Hurin said, the site is "staffed up" now and we are all doing our best to correct old issues and get things in better order. It would be a real shame to break our peaceful streak over simple belated housekeeping matters.

I love TFF.

A sincere thanks for the polite response.

Chas, you don't know how right you are. I guess some people managed to let it zoom over their heads, but a very well-thought-out post. *salute*

*Trying to decide whether or not to put a particular "goderator" on my ignore list...assuming it can be done.*

Edit In: NOPE!! Can't be done. D*MN.

Welcome to your control panel

Error

Couldn't add the following: Hurin. This could be because they are already in your list or they are not affected

by the ignore list or the member name does not exist.

To think that I had a rise in my level of respect for the guy until I realized that instead of deleting the posts in question and letting it go he moved it elsewhere to stir the stink a little more. Guess anyone can be a mod around here...

Edited by Skull-1

*Trying to decide whether or not to put a particular "goderator" on my ignore list...assuming it can be done.*

To think that I had a rise in my level of respect for the guy until I realized that instead of deleting the posts in question and letting it go he moved it elsewhere to stir the stink a little more. Guess anyone can be a mod around here...

When certain a'holes are abound, yeah pretty much. Keeps the forums looking semi-decent at least.

Actually, you can probably thank me for that response since --until I foolishly decided to address your concerns and got this ball rolling-- the staff had decided to just ignore you, as they usually (wisely) do. It's the default Skull-1 policy. ;)

I love TFF.

Chas, you don't know how right you are. I guess some people managed to let it zoom over their heads, but a very well-thought-out post. *salute*

Man. . . I again have to ask why you seem to think you can be as rude as you please, and when someone addresses your unnecessarily (though characteristically) harsh and overly dramatic post with some mild sarcasm, they are the problem. :rolleyes:

As for "Goderator". . . please. . . you act as though you've been oppressed, or threatened. Neither has happened. You've apparently got a complex going on. Has your thread been locked? Have you been warned not to argue with the "mighty Admin?" Have you been bullied into silence? Did I delete your posts to hide your "truth to power" tirade? No. You were just informed about what was going on (and had some of your misapprehensions cleared up) via some sarcasm that the harsh tone of your original post definitely warranted.

As for moving these posts here: Had I deleted them, I'm sure you'd be indignant that there was some type of "cover-up." There's no winning with you (as most are aware). You wanted the modification forum to stay. . . guess who was most vocal about saving it? Ah, but as we implement what makes sense in lieu of that decision (actually populating it with posts that belong there). . . you have a problem with that. And so on. . .

So, keep alleging some type of abuse is going on here. . . but actually all you have received is a mild, watered down dose of your own medicine. If you can't see that you were unnecessarily combative in communicating your concerns, I'm sorry, but I can't help you. And, for the record, had this been the first time you'd acted belligerantly, you probably would have gotten the benefit of the doubt and a very different response.

If you're going to make hostile, ill-informed posts that (unfairly) imply incompetence on the part of others, you shouldn't expect the response to be entirely civil.

Best,

H

Hi,

Roy here, I've actually have been gone from my computer most of the time since last week. So, please people blame me for the stuff that I've actually physical done. How does that milk taste that you drank with your cereal this morning? A little sweet and sour? If is was you got that batch which I messed with. Oh yeah you'll never find where I hid your keys!

:ph34r: :ph34r:Now to further erase my secret involvement selling Nuclear secrets to North Korea! :ph34r::ph34r: