Akihabara is about to E X P L O D E

Fort Max

When did this place open up?!  :o Good god, if it was open in August I could have gone there!!!  I was in Akihabara numerous times!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGH!!! :o  :wacko:  :(

335372[/snapback]

Well my friend Steve lives in Tokyo and he went there two weeks ago. I wouldnt have thought it was open much before then as he practically lives on the Streets of Aki half the shop staff recognise him when they see him.

Steve says "It`s F**king huge you need a road map to go round it."

He also said that the prices were ok much the same as everywhere else in Aki.

Awww yeah! Thanks fï½ï½’ the tip! I'm in Tokyo right now. (My first trip to Japan, and and I haven't come across any Macross toys yet, amazingly enough. I've been in Osaka/Kyoto all weekend.) I'll try to find the shop tonight or tomorrow.

Awww yeah!  Thanks fï½ï½’ the tip!  I'm in Tokyo right now.  (My first trip to Japan, and and I haven't come across any Macross toys yet, amazingly enough.  I've been in Osaka/Kyoto all weekend.)  I'll try to find the shop tonight or tomorrow.

335738[/snapback]

Don't miss Kotobukiya in Akihabara, they have lots of cool stuff. It's in the building across from and to the left of Gamers. There's also a Kaiyodo, K-books, and a bunch of small anime-stuff shops there.

On the main street there's a Toranoana.

Hidden on some back streets there is a Mandarake that had a Yamato VF-11 and a couple of 1/60 VF-1 valkyries for cheap. They had one last CMs corporation Minmay figure that they refused to sell because it was for display only... :( Oh well, I got the limited release version later at Mandarake Shibuya.

If you stop in shibuya, there's a mandarake there with a lot of cool stuff. They had an old chunky-monkey VF-1A Hikaru there and a Yamato YF-21 non-FP when I was there in August.

If you like Star Wars stuff there's a shop called Blister, it's a Master Replicas authorised retailer in Japan and they sell some of the minis and LE lightsabers. They also have the lightsaber gashapon keychains, and they were selling Darth Vader lightsaber umbrellas. If you're interested click on this link, then click on "store" to get their address and most importantly, a mini-map:

http://www.blister.jp/open.html

Tell us what the big place is like please! :D

The reasons to learn Japanese and move to Japan continue to grow.

I have returned from my trip, complete with some photos. This store is a-freaking-mazing. Keep in mind that this is only the toy section, on the seventh floor. And only the toys. The rest of the floor has video games, CDs, DVDs, and bikes. The other floors are packed with computers, electronics, and appliances.

Prices are about the same as in the other shops I found. Some items were cheaper (I believe the Red Shoulder Scopedog was mad cheap), some a few yen more. I picked up a 1/48 CF for ï¿¥13,980.

post-124-1129157449_thumb.jpg

A display case featuring products from our favorite toy company.

The only items in the case that they actually had in stock were the VF-1S, VF-1A, and purple Scopedog. The rest are just there to tease people like me.

I also found the Milia Q-Rau shoved on a bottom shelf somewhere.

post-124-1129158243_thumb.jpg