IHP VB-6 Koenig Monster Re-cast Project

trueblueeyes

If the VF-4 is a 1/72 scale I would definitively want one...

It is. I've checked with the owner and it definetly the I.H.P. 1/72 VF-4G. He is going to send me pictures of both kits (including several detail pics of the VB-6 Koenig Monster) this weekend and I'll post all photos.

.......................................................................................................................

That way, all the interested re-casters can see the parts involved. I'll also try to PM everyone tonight or tomorrow. Just need to finish some reports for work...had a business trip Friday and I'm still trying to catch up on paperwork so bear with me please.

And for Valkyrie, Carl, and ChristopherB, Fulcy, (and any others who can help or just need information) can you please e-mail me at the following e-mail address: reid8163@bellsouth.net I need to use my work e-mail since my PM box is very close to overflowing and I don't have time to clean it out now...lol. Thanks again to everyone. :) Nice to see that everyone is as excited about the project as I am. I just need to put Ken (or another re-caster if Ken doesn't want the project) in touch with the owner so we can get this started. That way, I can pay for the kit to be shipped and the project started. Finally, after all this time thanks to a very nice fellow model lover...we'll soon have our monsters! :)

I do need some input from all of you: Do we need to start a topic asking who all wants to buy a VB-6 Koenig Monster re-cast or should we wait and get a price from Valkyrie (or whomever takes on the project) first? What think? Or should we guage potential interest based loosely on a price?

...And for those who have PM'ed me expressing interest in owning a kit, please relax. I have your names written down in the order in which I was contacted. (Although I hope no one minds if the owner of the original kit and Mr. Carl Hoff get the first couple of re-casts...Carl for aggreeing to pay for the extra set of molds and the owner for being willing to let us re-cast a rare and valuable kit.) Thanks again to all! B))

Sincerely,

Melissa

I think a seperate thread would be best and a lot more organized. At the same time, I think we should also have a rough estimate on how much these molds will cost prior to saying yay or nay to wanting them ^_^

So, the Koenig Monster is a definite recast, but what about the VF-4G? (I probably missed something...)

So, the Koenig Monster is a definite recast, but what about the VF-4G? (I probably missed something...)

The owner has offered to also loan the VF-4G for re-cast as well as the Koenig Monster. That said, I don't want to seperate him from either of his kits any longer than necessary. And since most re-casters can only really handle one project at a time, maybe we could wait to do the VF-4 after the Monster project is finished. So be patient and I'm sure we can make the arrangements. :)

Now if we could just get Carl to agree to let us re-cast his I.H.P. VF-17D.... :ph34r::p

Melissa

Doing two recast projects like the Monster and VF-4 at once would be nearly suicidal :p

If Carl's Garland recastin' guy wants to take on a project, maybe I could do the Monster and he the VF-4, or vice-versa.

I'm very anxious to see those pics! Oh, and any word on wether he owns a D'Stance YF-21 or not?

I do need some input from all of you:  Do we need to start a topic asking who all wants to buy a VB-6 Koenig Monster re-cast or should we wait and get a price from Valkyrie (or whomever takes on the project) first?  What think? Or should we guage potential interest based loosely on a price?

I think in the end, it boils down to price for many of us. As much as we want to buy this, price will be the big factor in deciding who will definately buy it.

If we can push enough volume to get a price of ~ 150 USD or less, I am down for 2 definately. If its over that and hovers ~ 200 USD, then one. If its 300 USD each, then its a pass for me and I'll wait until the logistics are worked out for the 1/72 Variable VF-4G.

I say let the re-casters evaluate the scope of the project, get the nuts and bolts in there and give us a realistic price. Then we can tally the votes for who will be in on this. I think this would be a realistic approach.

For Carl, Melissa and others who have been after this holy grail with the funds to back it up, then price doesn't factor as much and I'm sure they will get their kits even if the rest of us may backout.

Edited by Neova

If Carl's Garland recastin' guy wants to take on a project, maybe I could do the Monster and he the VF-4, or vice-versa.

I'm very anxious to see those pics! Oh, and any word on wether he owns a D'Stance YF-21 or not?

I agree with Valkyrie here. Can we split the load between these two fine re-casters so we can get faster production and more buy ins into both projects? Again, price is a factor but at least we have Valkyrie's generous offer to help out.

I am also interested in D'Stance YF-21. Actually 2 or more.

Now if we could just get Carl to agree to let us re-cast his I.H.P. VF-17D.... :ph34r:  :p

I'm a little curious how you knew I had one? Its a 1:100 scale kit and not the quality of a Studio HalfEye kit but if there were interest I'd be willing. However it may not be necessary. The recaster I'm thinking of may already have this in the works. When he was asked if he'd be interested in the VB-6 project part of his reply that I've been asked not to share stated this:

With IHP kits, I have a plan to recast them by [snip].

They are YF-19, YF-21,VF-11 Full Armored, VF-1 Armored, VF-17, VF-4

I also have a plan to make VF-22 Parts for YF-21.

I hope I can say that much without stepping on any toes. He hasn't replied to my last email asking for some clarification though. Melissa please let me know when/if you hear from him. He's got your email address.

Anyways it sounds like he's already got the VF-17 and a VF-4... not sure which VF-4. If its the 1/72 VF-4 then our anonymous friend may not need to be parted with his VF-4 for that project to go forward.

By the way... there are 3 variable Macross Kits that I consider the pinnacle of design. I'm not talking about quality of casting just the shear complexity of the design and the beauty of the final product from the pictures I've seen. I sort of reserve that level for kits that I've seen that are better then the kits Studio HalfEye has put out. 2 of the 3 are already being talking about in this thread. That being the I.H.P VB-6 and the D'Stance YF-21. The two I don't have and that are at the top of my wish list. A very close 4th on the list of best kits I've seen is also mentioned here. The 1:72 I.H.P VF-4. So it seems only natural that I throw the one that hasn't been mentioned yet into the mix. How many here have ever seen the L-Trans-R 1:72 YF-19? I've got one. There are some picture of it here on an early version of my wanted page:

Old Wanted List

This whole page is in serious need of an update. Anyways if after the VB-6 project and the VF-4 project there is interest I'm willing to let this kit be recasted.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Melissa,

Everything you posted sounds great! I previously sent you a PM, but I went ahead and e-mailed you as well.

Carl, and the owner of the VB-6 should definitely get first dibs on the recasts. Both have been very gracious. The owner of the kit has turned a dream into a reality, and Carl has been cool enough to help finance the project.

Thank you to both of them. :D

Carl,

It will definitely be awesome if your friend makes those rare kits available. Please keep me/us informed, because I will definitely sign-up to buy a recast of any/all kits that become available.

I remember seeing pictures of your L-Trans-R 1:72 YF-19, but had totally forgotten about it. That is another kit I would love to see recasted, in addition to the IHP 1/100 VF-17D.

Do you happen to know the production numbers for the D'Stance YF-21? So far it seems to be the rarest of the rare, especially since all of the other kits mentioned so far have turned up, but not this one.

A separate interest list for both the VF-4G and VB-6 should be started, according to which project is being worked on at the time, or hopefully both can go forward at the same time. If one of the moderators will "pin" it that will be great.

It would be easier to wait until interested parties have a firm idea what the estimated price will be, completion date, and what will be included (screws/decals/instructions), as well as who the recaster will be.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

the production numbers for the D'Stance YF-21? So far it seems to be the rarest of the rare, especially since all of the other kits mentioned so far have turned up, but not this one.

I'm not sure. I think the VB-6 may be the rarest of these. I was told 8 were sold at the Wonder Fest were they were offered and to my knowledge that was the only time they were available. I'm still curious where our anonymous friend got his/hers if he/she's willing to tell us. Atleast two have been resold on Yahoo Japan but I still think I remember seeing a third.

As to the D'Stance YF-21 it too was also just sold at one Wonder Fest to my knowledge. So I'm guessing there may be about 10 to 20 kits out there. However I've never seen this kit on Yahoo Japan. It HAS however made it to eBay thanks to a kit that was sold by Noel and I didn't keep bidding on it at the time as I thought I would be able to get one direct from D'Stance. Also the kits that I'm aware of that were sold did NOT have the fast packs that are now seen on D'Stance's webpage:

D'Stance's YF-21

Those were added to the kit and his website after the event where I know some of these were sold. To my knowledge the kit with fast packs has NEVER been available. I'd love to be proven wrong and I'm hopeful the kits will be offered with the fast packs at some point.

By the way... here is something you guys can help me with. I just seached the forums for my old D'Stance threads. The oldest I found was this one:

D'Stance Thread

However there was one before this that I started when the fast pack pics first popped up. I think it was titled something like "D'Stance now with fast packs". My search didn't find it however. I assume its in the old forums. Can Shawn or the moderators still get to those old threads? The reason I want to find that thread is the person that bought the one Noel sold posted in that thread. He was interested in trying to get the fast pack for his. I believe he also emailed me but I now don't have any of my old TI emails. I had told him I'd be sure to contact him if I was ever able to track down the fast packs. Anyways... there is a member here (or atleast was) that has publicly stated he has one. I'd love to bring him into this thread if he's still around. We could hope he'd be willing to let his be recasted. If he's afraid of the risk or is willing to sell I'll offer to buy his kit, let it be recasted, AND give him the first recast free. Can anyone here help me contact him?

Carl

So far here is the list of buyers for these recasts:

VB-6 Konig Monster:

Carl (wwwmwww)

Your's truly (Angel's Fury)

Monkey-N

estacado06479

wind cloud

neova

tom64ss

neptunesurvey

major tom

VF-4G in 1/72 Scale:

Grayson72

neptunesurvey

neova

tom64ss

077-vf1

tank

Zeta Otaku

D-Stance YF-21:

neova

Undecided:

xstoys

LTSO

EXO

DARTHTODD

Loco Macross

Etenal D

golden boy forever

Please feel free to correct me in conjunction to this list above. Thanks.

Angel's Fury,

Thanks for starting a list, even though another a separate thread might be started once more information is posted.

By the way, you might want to look through the thread a little bit more closely to identify any people you might have missed.

Right off the bat, you are forgetting Melissa (Trueblueeyes) the person that started the thread, and me Christopher.

I'm not sure where you got the names on your list from, but it seems weird to leave off Melissa and myself after we've posted in this thread quite a few times. I'm sure it was just an oversight though, or perhaps you thought we got a kick out of typing messages when we are bored. ;) A review of our previous posts will show that we are interested in all (3) kits you listed, as well as others.

Keep in mind, Melissa has already started a list, and the order in which people get their kit will have to be finalized as well.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, the weekly grind starts tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Thanks for the heads up Christopher! I guess everybody wants all three kits. So it'll go like this? Ok, I know a separate thread has been created so this isn't important anymore.

VB-6 Konig Monster:

Carl (wwwmwww)

Monkey-N

estacado06479

wind cloud

neova

tom64ss

neptunesurvey

major tom

Melissa

ChristopherB

xstoys

LTSO

EXO

DARTHTODD

Loco Macross

Etenal D

golden boy forever

VF-4G in 1/72 Scale:

Carl (wwwmwww)

Monkey-N

estacado06479

wind cloud

major tom

Grayson72

neptunesurvey

neova

tom64ss

077-vf1

tank

Zeta Otaku

xstoys

LTSO

EXO

DARTHTODD

Loco Macross

Etenal D

golden boy forever

Melissa

ChristopherB

D-Stance YF-21:

Carl (wwwmwww)

Monkey-N

estacado06479

wind cloud

tom64ss

neptunesurvey

major tom

neova

xstoys

LTSO

EXO

DARTHTODD

Loco Macross

Etenal D

golden boy forever

Melissa

ChristopherB

Angel's Fury:

I'm going for the monster, and depending on budget the VF-4, but take me out on the YF--21

Thank You

You can add me to the D"StancE YF-21 recast list.... And if it ever happens I would like to make a suggestion (actually for any recast project).. Having done some custom parts of my own I know some resins can be tinted. I think it would be fabulous if these recasts could be done in thier base colors (ie blue for yf-21) so that paint chipping is less of an issue. Getting the tint just right could be a challange and may increase the overall price, but I for one would gladly pay it since paint chipping is one of the major drawbacks for resin kits (in my books).

This is the unofficial list:

VB-6 Konig Monster in 1/100 Scale ($250):

Carl (wwwmwww) (1)

Your's truly (Angel's Fury) (1)

Monkey-N (1)

estacado06479 (2)

wind cloud (1)

tom64ss (1)

neptunesurvey (1)

major tom (1)

Melissa (trueblueeyes) (1)

ChristopherB (1)

xstoys (2)

LTSO (1)

EXO (1)

DARTHTODD (1)

LocoMacross (1)

Eternal D (1)

goldenboy forever (1)

Myersjessee (1)

valkyrie (1)

sithlord (1)

q3173 (2)

Grayson72 (1)

pfunk (1)

Skull Leader (1)

jung (1)

Dax415 (1)

min (1)

Chindenathus (2)

UNSpacy (1)

Ghadrack (1)

snip312 (1)

Lu523 (1)

Mystix (1)

flash (1)

Tristan Lindo (1)

Rune (1)

VF-4G in 1/72 Scale ($120):

Carl (wwwmwww) (1)

wind cloud (1)

neova (2)

tom64ss (1)

neptunesurvey (1)

major tom (1)

Melissa (trueblueeyes)??

ChristopherB (1)

DARTHTODD (1)

LocoMacross??

Eternal D (1)

Myersjessee (1)

Grayson72 (1)

pfunk (1)

007-vf1 (1)

tank (1)

Zeta Otaku (1)

Skull Leader (1)

xstoys (1)

min (1)

Chindenathus (1)

ghostYF (1)

Tristan Lindo (1)

Noyhauser (1)

D'Stance YF-21??????:

(This kit hasn't been located yet.)

Carl (wwwmwww) (1)

Your's truly (Angel's Fury) (1)

neova (2+)

major tom (1)

ChristopherB (1)

valkyrie (1)

q3173 (1)

007-vf1 (1)

Myersjessee (1)

xstoys (1)

Dax415 (1)

Crazy Canuck II (1)

pfunk (1)

tank (1)

P.S. -- To limit my post dealing with this list, I will just keep on revising the same list until I have the final count. Then, and only then I will post the official list.

Edited by Angel's Fury

I now have detailed pics of the monster and the VF-4 from the owner of the kits. Will post them a little later after I have a chance to reduce the sizes to keep the thread dial-up friendly.

For Valkyrie: K, when you get a chance, please e-mail me if you need the larger more detailed pics. That way, you can see what you are getting into. B))

Thanks,

Melissa

I'm going for the monster, and depending on budget the VF-4, but take me out on the YF--21

:unsure: Um, I don't think anyone has to worry about being on the re-cast list for the D'Stance YF-21 since we don't even have an original available to re-cast. :p Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one but not even the owner of these kits owns one. (and in fact is mostly a collector of 1/100 scale kits)

....and welcome back CC, any new projects in the works yet? My 1/60 Strike is still very proud of his new head! :)

Edited by trueblueeyes

Wow, there's a D'stance on the works as well?!! AWESOME! I want one for sure... add me to the list.

It won't matter that it doesn't have the fast packs .

The YF-21 sculpt is superb by itself and the fast packs can be recasted from the Yamato or scratch built instead.

By the way ANGEL'S F. thanks for building that list; just a pointer though, is '007' as in James Bond, not '077'

I tried to read as much of this long thread as possible. Unless I've missed something, there's no set price, so I take it this list is for those interested, so put me down for 1 Monster kit. I'm aware of the price range. thanks

please add me to the list...I emailed Melissa a while ago as well...(in case there are two lists)

Don't worry Jesse, you don't think I'd really forget you do you? (wouldn't want to lose my favorite excuse of... "But honey, look at *his* collection...you see I am not the only one who spends this much on models! ) :p

edit: Man, a drunk monkey typing with his toes woud make less spelling mistakes than I have today!

Edited by trueblueeyes

I tried to read as much of this long thread as possible.  Unless I've missed something, there's no set price, so I take it this list is for those interested,  so put me down for 1 Monster kit.  I'm aware of the price range.  thanks

It is for those interested. I figure when we get a price from the re-caster that we can have a pinned thread for those who definetly want to order one or both of the kits. (with possible links in the "Toys" and the "For Sale" sections for those who might miss it by not visiting the models section) :)

How does that sound for everyone?

Thanks,

Melissa

Edit to add: Remember, you will be paying the re-caster(s) for the kits and not me. I won't be taking any payments, so please don't e-mail or PM asking me where to send them. I am covering the costs of shipping and insuring the original kits to the re-caster plus whatever other ancillary expenses...printing instructions, making cd-rom copies, or whatever else... that might need to be covered because I am happy to finally be able to get the two kits *not* because I personally expect any renumeration. I'll just be thrilled to have re-casts of both kits and without all the interest that never would have happened. I may have helped set it up, but after this it is the re-caster's ball game! :) Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks again everyone! It couldn't have happened without the support of all the other MW members. :wub:

Edited by trueblueeyes

please add me to the list...I emailed Melissa a while ago as well...(in case there are two lists)

For all three?

yes please

Melissa...you rock! :) Careful though...I prunned some things from my collection this weekend...spring cleaning and it was getting ridiculous!

Edited by Myersjessee

I tried to read as much of this long thread as possible.  Unless I've missed something, there's no set price, so I take it this list is for those interested,  so put me down for 1 Monster kit.  I'm aware of the price range.  thanks

It is for those interested. I figure when we get a price from the re-caster that we can have a pinned thread for those who definetly want to order one or both of the kits. (with possible links in the "Toys" and the "For Sale" sections for those who might miss it by not visiting the models section) :)

How does that sound for everyone?

Thanks,

Melissa

Edit to add: Remember, you will be paying the re-caster(s) for the kits and not me. I won't be taking any payments, so please don't e-mail or PM asking me where to send them. I am covering the costs of shipping and insuring the original kits to the re-caster plus whatever other ancillary expenses...printing instructions, making cd-rom copies, or whatever else... that might need to be covered because I am happy to finally be able to get the two kits *not* because I personally expect any renumeration. I'll just be thrilled to have re-casts of both kits and without all the interest that never would have happened. I may have helped set it up, but after this it is the re-caster's ball game! :) Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks again everyone! It couldn't have happened without the support of all the other MW members. :wub:

So have you finally decided who will be the recasters for the two projects?

yeah, yeah, it's been said, but this is truely an amazing accomplishment.

I mean, a whole (well, a good chunk of a) community getting together for a single project (or multiple if you count each kit as a seperate project) and seeing it through to completion...

I can honestly say, this is a momentous occation. Everyone involved should be rewarded with praise and anything else we can throw at them... that won't hurt/kill them. Put down the chairs... NOW!

We owe these people a lot. Without them, this would be merely a dream to many of us.

Thank you all.

Drinks are on me!

:D

I see this as a sad turn for resin companies. I'm not trying to be the righteous one, and I don't want to be posting this either cause I like this site. I've gotta be the voice of doubt at least. I get the feeling this won't make me very popular though.

You're planning on taking a limited run kit, and handing it to a bootlegger. This bootlegger doesn't even have to buy the kit himself, and gets to charge everybody. He's gotta be the happiest bootlegger in history.

I get that everybody wants a model, I'd like a couple on that list too, but this is just wrong.

Can't you see the damage that will be done to anybody thinking of making more Macross kits? Any kit for that matter? Tell me why anybody would make new kits if their fate is to sell a few only to have them bootlegged?

I see this as a sad turn for resin companies. I'm not trying to be the righteous one, and I don't want to be posting this either cause I like this site. I've gotta be the voice of doubt at least. I get the feeling this won't make me very popular though.

You're planning on taking a limited run kit, and handing it to a bootlegger. This bootlegger doesn't even have to buy the kit himself, and gets to charge everybody. He's gotta be the happiest bootlegger in history.

I get that everybody wants a model, I'd like a couple on that list too, but this is just wrong.

Can't you see the damage that will be done to anybody thinking of making more Macross kits? Any kit for that matter? Tell me why anybody would make new kits if their fate is to sell a few only to have them bootlegged?

If the major resin kit companies feel threatened and don't want to be taken advantage of by "amateurs", or lose a share in the profits, then they should start producing the kits again.