How to model alpha fighter?

eyesonme78

it somes alot of the stuff on that japanese site is over weathered, like his fighter mode vf-1j and the alpha, they definitely look nice, but too much weathering makes em look fake, i love how wm cheng's stuff always looks photorealistic

Is that what the problem was? something hit me like that when I was looking at those pics. While they're expertly done they kinda look like an animation cell from the WB store.

it somes alot of the stuff on that japanese site is over weathered, like his fighter mode vf-1j and the alpha, they definitely look nice, but too much weathering makes em look fake, i love how wm cheng's stuff always looks photorealistic

Is that what the problem was? something hit me like that when I was looking at those pics. While they're expertly done they kinda look like an animation cell from the WB store.

i tihnk its that mixed with something else, they are great work but something about them seems drab and sterile

i tihnk its that mixed with something else, they are great work but something about them seems drab and sterile

Agree, kinda makes them look more like toys.

Agree, kinda makes them look more like toys.

I think the weathering is fine... WmCheng just knows how to photograph his stuff better... I'm always amazed at his photos. Maybe it's because he waits for real daylight... This stuff is under flourescents, I believe.

1st- I believe they have a hint of metallic mix to the paint which makes them look more like toys than models. Is missing battle or/and age weathering...

2nd- the biggest eye-sore there is that the color's hue are too basic, the white is "really" white the blue is "too" blue, etc so the contrasts are too strong.

3rd- some models have too much gloss finish on them

4th- except for that X-29 and the first Hikaru VF-1 which to me look weather perfect.

5th- this guy sold some of his models on e-bay for about $200+ about a couple of months. I think he's currently selling a Max and Millia VF-J versions

The bright colours and the harsh omnidirectional lighting reduce the realism, there isn't enough shadow. Also the backgrounds don't help, they are so obviously pictures and the models are so obvioulsy simply standing in front of them rather than being part of them.

They really are nice models but the pictures would look more realistic if the models had more weathering and wear, plus more directional lighting and decent backdrops.