25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

sorta off topic... but I'm thinking of making a large scale diorama battle when I can get enough joes.

Can someone scan me the cobra island assault maps from the Cobra Civil War (I think in issue 74 or something of Marvel) and the the Cobra vs Coil War? I'd like to use them for reference.

Ugh, I hate hate hate that ball joint. Why coudln't they give him the Cobra Commander waist jacket at least, with a new sculpt around it? Ditto for the CG.

Yeah, I kinda gave up on Hasbro ever reusing that lower torso joint on any figure other than CC.

It's not a bad joint per se. It just ruins the "realistic" look on some figures, like Duke, the CG's, and (I'm guessing) Flash/Grand Slam.

just went to my friends store and bought every figure he had in stock (which turns out to be all of the most recent wave of comic packs except for the Hawk/Lady Jaye one)... he promised to order me two copies of the next wave of single figures when they come in... but looking at the list at Yojoe.com (I find this easier then sorting through the blog at hisstank) I see I'm going to be spending a lot of time and money filling in all the gaps (especially cause I'd like to have two or three of each NAMED figure and and bazillions of generic troopers).

Both single packs wave 8 and comic packs wave 4 came out today!. Wave 7 has barely been out, and now these 2 come out! It took a while for wave 7 to arrive after 6, so seeing a simultaneous delivery of both comic and single packs surprises me.

More to hunt! Not sure if I will get all of the wave 4 comic packs. Shipwreck seems like a waste. The Oktober Guard guy in the Duke set has the irritating Duke arms.

SS vs Firefly seems awesome though. Firefly has darker colors, removable goggles, a new vest, opening...well both have opening backpacks and accessories you can fit inside! Storm Shadow looks great too, those weapons are bad ass and I hear the hands actually have a good grip on them this time around.

Both single packs wave 8 and comic packs wave 4 came out today!. Wave 7 has barely been out, and now these 2 come out! It took a while for wave 7 to arrive after 6, so seeing a simultaneous delivery of both comic and single packs surprises me.

More to hunt! Not sure if I will get all of the wave 4 comic packs. Shipwreck seems like a waste. The Oktober Guard guy in the Duke set has the irritating Duke arms.

SS vs Firefly seems awesome though. Firefly has darker colors, removable goggles, a new vest, opening...well both have opening backpacks and accessories you can fit inside! Storm Shadow looks great too, those weapons are bad ass and I hear the hands actually have a good grip on them this time around.

Damn, gotta go back to my friend's store tomorrow to see if he can get me them. (and I just blew 100 dollars on the 6 comic pack sets I just bought).

^^I'm guessing that would be Breaker's bubblegum piece.

It's supposed to go on the communicator mouthpiece. From the front, it'll look like he's blowing a bubble.

Just got, Major Bludd, Tiger Force Flint, Roadblock, Baroness in Blue, Cobra Commander with crystals, hiss tank driver and snake eyes with parka. They had a ton of wave seven and eight out but still no vipers. The python patrol figs were pilfered already as well. The lady at the checkout said 30 minutes prior to me buying them someone else bought like three times as many figs. Guessing he got all the troop builders.

I picked up Major Bludd, Baroness, RB and Arctic Snake Eyes. I didn't see TF flint. I hid CC and python patrol cobra soldier. Wave 4 comic packs are out as well?? The wal Mart I went to restocked the comic packs but I didn't bother looking at them since I didn't think there were any new sets.

yeah I need to get a real camera, this didn't turn out well at all... but I was trying to have some fun. Here's ripper tormenting some poor school girl, not knowing he's about to get at Hadouken!

It's a good thing he dosn't have ride armour for that MOSPEADA too.

post-772-1211149962_thumb.jpg

I went to another WM tonite and they had a ton of Wave 7/8 figures. They had so many that they couldn't fit them all on the 3 or 4 pegs dedicated to the joe carded figs. I picked up flint and Python patrol soldier.

CC has a silver faceplate and a silver stripe that runs on the back of his helmet. He looks just like he did on the cartoon.

None of the Figs in this wave blew me away like the some of the ones from previous waves. Since most of them are simple repaints. Snake Eyes, Flint and road block are the best of the group. Snake eyes has removable snow shoes, and his sword has his insignia on the hilt. Major bludd's back pack has spare parts for his pistol, which can be removed.

My favs of the entire line are:

w7 Snake Eyes

w1 Flint

Torpedo

Armored CC

Fred

Beachhead

Hopefully we'll see some legit troop builder packs, reminiscent of the ones that made TRU a couple years ago. The Red CG one with the red CC and red Baroness would be nice. I'd prefer to keep Red CC, red Baroness and maybe red Tomax/Xamot as a "leader" pack. Dream packs would include:

Cobra Trooper: 4 x Trooper, 1 x Officer/NCO

Crimson Guard: 4 x CG, 1 x CG Officer/NCO

Joe Grunt: 4 x greenshirts/bodies x 1NCO.

You get the point lol but expand that to Vipers (5 x silver, 1 bronze mask), BATs (5 x identical BAT), Iron Grenadiers, etc etc

Hopefully we'll see some legit troop builder packs, reminiscent of the ones that made TRU a couple years ago. The Red CG one with the red CC and red Baroness would be nice. I'd prefer to keep Red CC, red Baroness and maybe red Tomax/Xamot as a "leader" pack.

A CG 5 pack, along with a Firefly vs 4 Greenshirts 5 pack was temporarily listed at TRU.com for release in august. Apparently someone had seen a pic but forgot to take a screengrab before it went down.

Silver not chrome from what I remember. I will double check tomorrow, they are already in toy storage out in the garage.

Finding 25th anniversary Joes in general is a PITA. I just don't get why stores seem to only get 1 or 2 boxes of stock at a time. And competing with friggin toy scalpers to buy 'em .... fawk!!!

:angry:

At least the comic packs seem to be easier to find ....

Finding 25th anniversary Joes in general is a PITA. I just don't get why stores seem to only get 1 or 2 boxes of stock at a time. And competing with friggin toy scalpers to buy 'em .... fawk!!!

:angry:

At least the comic packs seem to be easier to find ....

I agree. I just don't have the time to go around looking for these only to come up empty-handed, and I don't want to buy these from an online retailer and pay more, especially when I like to take a look at them first to see if the packages are in decent condition and free of bad paint jobs or messed up joints. I usually rely on a cousin of mine who has been collecting them also and knows what to look for, but even he has been having a hard time finding certain ones for me. I'm not about to start getting these on eBay either. If things keeps going this way, I may just give up collecting these. Hey, more Macross toy money anyway.

I've stopped with collecting the 25th anniv. once I found Beach Head & Firefly, after that finding the figures became just a chore (kinda like trying to find Masterpiece Starscream). I remember finding Flint when he was hard to find, and then only finding one time Torpedo, Wild Bill, Spirit, from the new waves once before I never see them restocked again at any TRU, Target, Walmart. I wanted Wild Bill, Rock & Roll, and Torpedo since those were the Joes I had as a kid, but finding them was work checking out stores and forums.

I have to say that all the blame cannot be all for the stores or even scalpers. I've seen on multiple Joe forums when so called "collectors" spout out they found the new wave at their store and bought the entire line, they even take pics of their haul of x10 Destros, Spirits, Flints, etc. To me hoarding is hoarding, whether for profit or collection sake, since then the public can't find the toy at all. I never even did se a HISS tank at release at all.

New items confirmed in walmart computers!

Here are the UPCs:

Singles

Duke Omega Force

UPC = 0065356937101

Cobra Commander Omega Force

UPC = 0065356937102

Cobra TRPR Omega Force

UPC = 0065356937103

Storm Shadow w/ GE

UPC = 0065356937427

Cobra Diver w/ WA

UPC = 0065356937428

Cobra Trooper w/ RED

UPC = 0065356937429

Crimson Guard Py(thon)

UPC = 0065356937430

Tripwire w/ Desert

UPC = 0065356937431

Dreadnok Torch

UPC = 0065356937423

Dreadnok Ripper

UPC = 0065356937426

Single Firefly

UPC = 0065356937424

Single Blowtorch

UPC = 0065356937104

Single Serpent

UPC = 0065356932499

Comic Packs

Rock & Roll & Deep (Six)

UPC = 0065356937620

Gung Ho & Cobra Commander

UPC = 0065356937622

Snake Eyes & Hard Master

UPC = 0065356931529

Beachhead & Mainframe

UPC = 0065356931530

ScrapIron & Wild

UPC = 0065356931531

Thanks Shin! That's exactly what I was looking for. I thought I looked at HissTank, but I didn't see this. I hope I can manage to produce something decent as she'll get a kick out of it, I'm sure.

Even though I've taken the easy route and gotten almost all my Joes via BBTS (their prices for the most part aren't too bad if one factor's in taxes and the fuel/time spent looking for figures and I've been lucky to get good paint jobs with the exception of a sloppy Wild Bill and an imperfect Spirit... but then again, I don't think I'd be happy with him even if the paintjob was hand done by an master), I can feel the shelf hunter's pain. If I were collecting solely locally, I'd have less than ten figures, I think. I took two Buzzers and two Scarlett/Hawk packs from my local Target almost a month ago for both customizing and just to try to do the world a favor. What's there now? The ONE remaining Buzzer still and a few Scarlett/Hawks. :wacko:

And, yes, I'll concur that the people who have to buy three or more of everything because they want one open, one in mint condition for display, one as a backup, one to sell, one to.... etc, are every bit as bad as the scalpers. I've bought a few extra Cobra troopers and CG's as troop builders, but I try hard not to pick the only remaining ones of the shelf (although its rare to see any anyway). Selfishness in any form, however, is the rule and not the exception with people, unfortunately.

Looks like outside of Blowtorch and some of the 2packs (most of which only one character is new), I think I can finally calm down on my own purchases with the upcoming releases.

Well, I dunno if you want to label me as a hoarder but I buy 2 of everything: one for opening and one for MISB. Well except for troop building. Of course, I call my other friends who are looking and ask them if they want it, then I start buying multiples. I dont buy more unless I need for trade or help a collector out. Selling is the PITA especially when got stuff that is not popular.

What the hell is this Omega Force? Also WTF is up with the CC and SE releases? I am sick of SE, SS, and CC. Just bring back the originals. And all the sudden they are releasing the dreadknoks in singles? Buzzer is a peg warmer, why release again unless new mold or something.

What the hell is this Omega Force?

No clue, I think its the Robot Rebellion armor with anniversary figures...Robot Rebellion was to feature joes and cobras with removable armor.

Also WTF is up with the CC and SE releases?

Hasbro always says those 2 sell well. The majority of members at HissTank are annoyed of seeing them, even though some of us understand why those 2 are always in the line.

I am sick of SE, SS, and CC. Just bring back the originals.

Just give me a Snake Eyes v4, Ninja Force Storm Shadow(and translucent Shadow Ninja repaint if possible), accurate Mike Zeck Storm Shadow from DDP, Storm Shadow's new costume from his solo book and '90 Cobra Commander, and I am set.

And all the sudden they are releasing the dreadknoks in singles? Buzzer is a peg warmer, why release again unless new mold or something.

I think its to accompany the Classic(Swamp) Zartan for release later this year. Thats the only logical reason I can think of.

Of course, I call my other friends who are looking and ask them if they want it, then I start buying multiples.

Thats actually what a lot of members at HissTank do to. Other than that we usually post sightings in the dedicated forum, and its helped me a lot(also at the tfw2005.com sister site).

Thanks Shin! That's exactly what I was looking for. I thought I looked at HissTank, but I didn't see this. I hope I can manage to produce something decent as she'll get a kick out of it, I'm sure.

No prob man, glad you found it helpful.