The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

the GX-06 getter set is availabel thru Beta toys for pre-order for $98.00.

I've never bought from them so I dont know what how good they are.

Anyone here ever deal with them?

they're out of New York that price is tempting.

edit: link

http://www.betatoys.com/

Never mind i see that they only sell to retailers .They're "wholesale" only not retail any more

Edited by Macross73

damn, 98 bucks had me excited!!

I got my Aoshima black getter from hlj yesterday. Awesome toy. It's a good subsitute for the Fewture one I will never own. :(

Got the Dancouga too.. he's one big boy! I need to sit down with him for a few hours and get to know him better. uh.. on second reading that came out fairly suspicious sounding.

The Dancouga is truely awsome in terms of size and transformability. My only complaint is the very loose neck, does anyone else have that problem?

Got the Dancouga too.. he's one big boy! I need to sit down with him for a few hours and get to know him better. uh.. on second reading that came out fairly suspicious sounding.

Hmm, loose hands? As in Big Moth's? Felt tight for me, rather; it's the Daigun which is too heavy. No loose neck here, but loose head, yes, it doesn't lock after all. Loose legs, too, i.e. torso. Still, it's a nice 'toy' anyway. :p

That still one that I haven't gotten. Theres just a lot of catching up to do.

So far this is my collection of SoC Not all of it is on display. Gx-27 Gaiking

is still in its box on the top of the shelf and theres a Mecha Godzilla chrome

and some of the limited Mazinger Angels are in the closet safe and sound.

sorry the pics a bit blurry

post-3216-1174265666_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1174265673_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1174265681_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1174265688_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1174265696_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1174265715_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1174265726_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1174265734_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

That still one that I haven't gotten. Theres just a lot of catching up to do.

So far this is my collection of SoC Not all of it is on display.

Nice collection, nothing beat an army of SOCs (and other super robots) :)

So how much does an Aoshima SG-01 Shin Getter 1 run for nowadays?

I reckon it is around $120 to 150USD. I have seen other trying to set the starting bid price at $200 to $300 but rarely do people bid for it.

Actually, I like the scuplting of SG-09 more than SG-01. The shoulder pad of Aoshima's SG-01 is a little too bubblely for my taste and it has a fat little tummy. I like SHE's Shin Getter's proprtion of the bubble shoulder better. Though, I have to say, Aoshima's devil wing looks very cool.

[attachmentid=41304]

post-3608-1174315695_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

I don't believe so. I got my SPEC and SoC Evas at the same time, and honestly, even tho the SPEC is more posable, I like the SoC figure a WHOLE lot more. The mostly plastic frame on the SPEC Eva isn't fantasticly tight, but not floppy either... altho with the die-cast leg armor on, the sideways swivel on my right hip doesn't hold very sharp poses due to the die-cast weight. The only joint I find any issues with on the SoC Eva is the knees and very sharp angles due to a combination of the mostly die-cast construction and that I suspect the ratchety bits are slightly worn, but it holds basically every pose I put it in anyways. The SPEC is more articulated, mostly in the arms, but I find that aside from the lateral arm movement, there's really nothing the SoC Eva is actually 'lacking'... and the SoC Eva is a whole lot more satisfying to play with, hefty, and durable feeling.

Another thing is the hands... while the SPEC Eva has a hand for every situation, I find that aside from some melee weapons, the general purpose two-pose hands of the SoC Eva are just as useful and more fun, and remove the need to have extra hands lying around, either for display or posing.

All in all, while the SPEC Eva really is the definitive figure of the Evangelion, if someone wanted one Eva figure to display and play with, I would have to recommend the SoC Eva, hands down.

Here's my SoC's displayed in my 'macross' cabinent, as promised.

Shinji is very much d e a d. :p (i bought EVA-01 just for the swords, Eva-02 had to hav em. lol)

Notice Eva-1's neck, broken off horn falling from it's fingers, and Asuka's axe slammed into Eva-1's Ribs.

Ohh and the final cut readied by Eva-02. :D

Originally i had Eva-02 doing a semi-flying knee to Eva-01's face (in same position as you see in these

pics, but i wanted more carnage, i wanted Eva-01 to die... badly. Is that too much to ask? :p

Maybe later i will add some sought of blood stream effect, showing blood pissing out of the neck and

horn, and rib region. Yeah that would be cool.

I love these toys. So damn poseable. 6 images, sorry if it takes you long to down them. Enjoy! ;)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hope these pics inspire you to do some Eva-01 DEATH SCENES ! ! ! ! ! !

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Haha, I like it. Shinji is a bit of a turd at times, I also like 02 more than 01... I'm trying to get my hands on an SoC Unit 02 to go with my 00'. it's kinda hard to do 00''s death scene, bc/ that would involve making the figure all bulgy and pus-ey.... and gross :lol:

My SPEC Eva took a shelf dive today... no damage, but I've realised that I really don't like it very much. If not for the amazing articulation and all of the accessories, I'd be willing to trade it for a normal SoC Eva... it's just not the same, or as much fun.

Now he tells me! I just got my shipping notice from HLJ! :lol:

Is it because of the lack of die-cast used on the armor? The pics on the net tell me the sculpt is more anime accurate, the colors are more anime accurate, it's larger than the SOC version, it has an armor that can be removed, it's capable of more spectacular poses etc. I love the crome look on my EVA-04 (the crome one is #4 right? I just can't remember the numbers on these things :ph34r: ) but I expect the SPEC EVA to be a better product overall.

The SPEC Eva has a more accurate sculpt, but honestly, I think the differences are negligible, being mostly in proprtions... the armor fits very well and doesn't cause any problems (except in super-crazy-extreme ankle angles.) The color honestly looks too light t be anime correct, and I had just finished watching NGE when the toy arrived, so it stood right out. It's only about an inch taller than the SoC Eva at best I think, but the SoC Eva weighs more and has a more solid stance... The leg armor being die-cast is alright, but I would have much rather had a metal internal frame with plastic armor. The articulation really has to be seen to be appreciated, but the head is not that good... the jaw is loose, can't be bent mot of the time due to where it sits in relation to the neck, and can get cocked at a funny broken-jaw looking angle due to the neck, and the articulation of the armored head isn't great due to the back collar of the head armor hitting on the spine bump. The hands are great, reallly well sculpted, but honestly there are just too many... it makes palying with and posing the toy a hassle due to having a different hand for basically every accessory, but they do look great.

So basically what I don't like is the all plastic frame, the cheesier feel due to said plastic frame, the plastic joints not being super tight for a partially die-cast toy (not floppy persay, but just barely enough for the hip lateral movement,) the poor head articulation, and my single biggest gripe other than the plsatic frame is the loose handguard on the larger sword... it's something I just need to sit down and fix, but right now it falls off super easy, making sword poses a pain.

The thing is, this isn't a bad toy, but since I got both the SoC Eva and the SPEC Eva at the exact same time, and I was really looking for a playable toy, the SoC Eva won hands down, and I really really love it. However, for an Eva hardcore, the SPEC Eva is more accurate and more detailed, and can do more of the famous anime poses. And yet the SoC Eva just has so much more charm, satisfaction, and fun to it.

Take a pick :D

I like the SOC metallic purple too :)

BTY, Sachiel picked the wrong date to land on Tokyo 3 :lol:

[attachmentid=41397]

post-3608-1174570993_thumb.jpg

Nice pic... I've always heard the Kaiyodo figus were kinda crappy... how do yours hold up?

Personally, I like the mettalic colors of the SoC Evas more...

On a more random note, does anyone have pics or have heard any news about the STIKFAS Eva figures listed on HLJ?

Take a pick :D

I like the SOC metallic purple too :)

BTY, Sachiel picked the wrong date to land on Tokyo 3 :lol:

[attachmentid=41397]

HAhahaha, i'd be scared of the midget Eva-01 more so....

They BOTH look good.

Everyone agrees that the Eva-02 SoC will be not as bad as a SPEC in comparison to what the Eva-01 SPEC is to the Eva-01 Soc? I think it's just the Eva-01's colouring... too purple! It's Batman & Robin all over again i'm afraid... (I think this suit needs nipples...) :lol: :lol:

lol, dammit man. Bring the Eva-02 with accesories like this, ohh baby. :D

You know it's coming, SPEC Eva-02... I'd be bold to say Eva-02 is more popular.

You can already see an add on pack pattern for Eva-02 SPEC, with the different head, double bladed sword thinghy....

Spear of Longineesy with Alternate head with holes to slot it through giving Asuka a major head ache. Choice. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

It doesn't appear to be an add on set, it reads something like:

Japan limited SOC Spec Eva01 Berserk Version 5200 yen

Japan limited SOC Spec Eva01 400% syc Version 5200 yen

That sucks, I would have pay $100 to have a proper full set than paying 3x5200yen to have 3 different version. Arg......... :angry:

Edited by Mowe

lol, How much parts each set would be included honestly.

5200 yen get bent you scavengers! Set up an accesory pack with both types of add ons and that'd sound nicer.

But having to pay for 2 SPEC Eva-01's... damn. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Pictures won't load for me. Can someone mirror them please?

Its not loading for me either.. It did earlier though and from what I've seen, it looked great. I wish they just sold the extra's separately though instead of buying a whole new unit 01. :angry: Still, a very clever marketing ploy for bandai, hard to resist :rolleyes:

It doesn't appear to be an add on set, it reads something like:

Japan limited SOC Spec Eva01 Berserk Version 5200 yen

Japan limited SOC Spec Eva01 400% syc Version 5200 yen

That sucks, I would have pay $100 to have a proper full set than paying 3x5200yen to have 3 different version. Arg......... :angry:

What is a 400% Sync Ver? It's been a while since I have seen EVA. Anyone know?