Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Uhh, you guys are all missing the fact that the gun has a large rotating barrel in the front so it doesn't look at all like the time crisis/judge dredd/blade runner guns.

Before these images came out, the toy pictures were shown to a small crowd at a convention and reports of these showed that the gun was basically looking like a popular nerf weapon.

Here's a manip I made several months ago that people who witnessed the actual pictures of the toy attested was 80-90% accurate (although my scope is wrong because I just used an old Megatron scope). And yes, Megatron does have a forward stock that folds in and out according to reports. The main body of the gun will most likely be white with black accents like you see in the b/w image. At least white is better than orange.

megsstockopen1qw.jpg

Edited by ComicKaze

Why the frick does a pistol have a folding front grip?  I'm not sure you could evne fit both hands on that thing...

395333[/snapback]

It's scaled for kids, stop thinking like an adult. It's a toy :)

Last time I checked construction vehicles were generally painted in bright colours, such as this orange ;)

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060501.html

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060502.html

396158[/snapback]

Heh, I work as an enigneer myself and no where on our jobsite with the somewhat 20 different constuction vehicles that we have (Cat, Case, Komatsu, Gradall etc.) is there any vehicle that looks as remotely hideous as that. I'm all for it being painted in construction like colors... if that's what it came out to look like that is. I think a little more detail work could have gone a long way. ;)

Besides he's actually a cement mixer, which isn't really a construction vehicle per se. We use three different cement mixing companys at our jobsite and each has their own unique designs and colors correspondent to the company and none of them are painted like construction vechicles; Gray, Green and White. If you think about it, he could have really wound up being any color no matter what vehicle he is, but i just feel this was a let down compared to the potential i saw him having as a new and unique mold.

Edited by Veritas

Guys, WST Snarl is, like, soooo Februarys news! j/k

I like my little Snarl quite a bit. Some folks have had problems with pieces coming off and some people think he's too delicate, but as far as I'm concerned there's no way they could have made G1 Snarl any better in this scale. It's almost exactly like the original, only small enough to swallow. :)

::edit::

His decals can also be a problem, since they're not cut very well. But it does say right on the label sheet to use a scissors...

Edited by eriku

I'm gonna be torn on wether to get the the MP Starscream or VF-0 first.... that's my top two toys right now to get... and I'm broke after my birthday.

396497[/snapback]

Starscream is cheaper. Not to mention, what if yamato works the kinks out of the present VF-0 toy and releases a version 2? Wouldn't be the first time they did a 2nd go.

Not to mention, judging by masterpiece prime, I expect starscream to be the more durable of the choices you have.

With starscream you pretty much know its a given there will be repaints. With the VF-0? Not so much...

very hard decision though! But if anything, the screamlord is the cheaper and may be the more enjoyable of the 2. If anything its the FIRST bad ass rendition of our favorite G1 sniving bastard ever!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

This is a tough decision because we all know TakaraTomy will milk this mold until the cows come home. It's gonna be hard NOT picking up the obvious repaints because they're so iconic.

Heh, I work as an enigneer myself and no where on our jobsite with the somewhat 20 different constuction vehicles that we have (Cat, Case, Komatsu, Gradall etc.) is there any vehicle that looks as remotely hideous as that.  I'm all for it being painted in construction like colors... if that's what it came out to look like that is.  I think a little more detail work could have gone a long way.  ;)

Besides he's actually a cement mixer, which isn't really a construction vehicle per se.  We use three different cement mixing companys at our jobsite and each has their own unique designs and colors correspondent to the company and none of them are painted like construction vechicles; Gray, Green and White.  If you think about it, he could have really wound up being any color no matter what vehicle he is, but i just feel this was a let down compared to the potential i saw him having as a new and unique mold.

396265[/snapback]

I hate the fact he has the stupid sideways fist, where the fist is in the wrong orientation to the elbow joint.

I quite like this Jetfire design. Its been *SUGGESTED* that, even though artist Don Figueroa designs his TF characters to transform logically, this picture seems more 'toy-like' in design than usual... so it *MIGHT* be a glimpse at Classics Jetfire.

tfstorm1coverlowres1gk.jpg

I hate the fact he has the stupid sideways fist, where the fist is in the wrong orientation to the elbow joint.

I quite like this Jetfire design. Its been *SUGGESTED* that, even though artist Don Figueroa designs his TF characters to transform logically, this picture seems more 'toy-like' in design than usual... so it *MIGHT* be a glimpse at Classics Jetfire.

Jeez, i never noticed that before, but you're absolutely right. That will really detract from the poseabilty he'll have in his arms if it's stuck like that. <_<

As for the new Jetfire design, one can only hope. That design is a definite departure from the one Don originally gave Jetfire in the DW series so you might just be on to something.

Edited by Veritas

Guys, WST Snarl is, like, soooo Februarys news!  j/k

I like my little Snarl quite a bit.  Some folks have had problems with pieces coming off and some people think he's too delicate, but as far as I'm concerned there's no way they could have made G1 Snarl any better in this scale.  It's almost exactly like the original, only small enough to swallow. :)

::edit::

His decals can also be a problem, since they're not cut very well.  But it does say right on the label sheet to use a scissors...

396310[/snapback]

haha, well, it IS only May! how much did he cost?

Walky noted that among the toy-like details on that Jetfire is the 'hinge gap' on the grey part (in front of his head) that looks like an airbrake - TF toys tend to have such a gap in hinged parts that have a metal pin. I assume its to relieve stress on the plastic.

Another thing is the gaps in the chest and the way the shoulders are articulated.

Myself, I noticed there's a distinct line running down the middle of his big rifle, suggesting its actually two rifles combined, like the Gundam Wing Zero Custom.

Regardless or whether its a toy or not, its design is quite interesting. Aside from the obvious Super Valkyrie homage, elements of his body seem to be based on Armada Jetfire, specifically the way his shoulders and legs are rounded off (at least on the cover)

A close up of his normal mode face (I like how big and powerful Afterburner looks there)

tfstorm1pg02lowres3gv.jpg

Near full view of Jetfire battle mode - oddly enough from this angle his lower torso looks like it was based on a Gundam.

tfstorm1pg05lowres7bc.jpg

Read about the Transformers: Stormbringer comic here, with more pics. I should note I uploaded the above pics onto my own picspace - so I don't waste Newsarama's bandwith ;)

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Someone did posted the DW Jetfire pics which pay homage to G1 Valk Jetfire like almost 2 years ago. Is this a newer design? (Edit: Duh it is)

Regardless, its cool! I'd buy the toy in a heartbeat if they ever made one.

Those two panels of Stormbringer were more interesting than the last 15 years of TF animated cartoons combined. :)

I wish we'd get more TF comic-based toys. Hopefully the Titanium series will last a while.

Someone did posted the DW Jetfire pics which pay homage to G1 Valk Jetfire like almost 2 years ago. Is this a newer design? (Edit: Duh it is)

Regardless, its cool! I'd buy the toy in a heartbeat if they ever made one.

396739[/snapback]

I believe Don's G1 Jetfire was just his detailed version of the G1 Skyfire cartoon model, and he also designed another Jetfire in the War Within series with was more futuristic, alien, yet somewhat based on the newer Valks in leg design.

So yeah, this is an all-new design :)

Those two panels of Stormbringer were more interesting than the last 15 years of TF animated cartoons combined.  :)

I wish we'd get more TF comic-based toys.  Hopefully the Titanium series will last a while.

396773[/snapback]

Which is interesting to me given the mood and dialogue is most consistant with the structure they have in Beast Wars. The military lingo, the BW phrases which is now part of general TF lexicon ect.