The Mw Automotive Thread Ii

doesn't really have a lot of torque considering it's HP is in the 1,000's, at first glance i mistook it for a Koenigsigg.

A1, i actually spotted a Cayman S yesterday on the way back from a pet expo, it is very distinguishable among all of the other porche's on the market in it's unique styling and road capability (he was flying through the curvy back road that we were on, i can only assume that he just got the car). I can't remember where i read it (R&T?) but they pinned a Carrera 4 S vs the Cayman S on a track and road course and the Cayman was victorious (but then you knew that all along, better platform), but break neck speed of course the Carrera will win but at an extra 30,000 dollars! With that much money you can put a RUF motor in your Cayman and be faster than a Porsche Turbo.

My 2 cents, but go for the Cayman, it is probably the best Porsche on the market and if its performance isn't up to par, then RUF is a phone call away.

Edited by emajnthis

Well, besides the fact that I have no insurance (has a plate though), it's mainly because the engine makes wierd noises when it's revving out of gear (clanking) and backfires (in the intake, not the exhaust) when I give it throttle under load (while driving)...

I still have to replace a broken air temperature sensor (ordered it already) and set the timing (it's set to full retard, to see if the popping would go away... it didn't). So it's running richer than Bill Gates right now... which might be the cause of some of the popping, rather than just a timing issue.

And also replace the vacuum hose for the brake booster (almost no brakes without it)... and a lot of other stuff that's wrong, although most of it doesn't matter as much (like a broken antenna).

Today I just joined the gas guzzler of the world... I just bought a Honda CRV LX edition w/0 down, my first vehicle.

Now, the devil must have the heater on high by now, because it should be cold down there. >:)

Today I just joined the gas guzzler of the world... I just bought a Honda CRV LX edition w/0 down, my first vehicle.

Now, the devil must have the heater on high by now, because it should be cold down there. >:)

387815[/snapback]

Congrats, Dangaioh. But there's just one thing...

postpics.gif

387815[/snapback]

Congrats, Dangaioh. But there's just one thing...

postpics.gif

387848[/snapback]

With what I am paying, I may not be able to afford those disposable cameras.

I will post a pic asap wed. afternoon... and valk in it probably.

The CR-V gets 23mpg combined, that's inline with all of its other compeititors and is pretty good over all. If Honda used a V8, or rather if Honda HAD a V8 then the gas mileage would suck, but under powered V6's is as far as they go.

Rocket Punch, you had to bring that pic up, didn't you?

387965[/snapback]

Well you did say this thread was worthless without pics.

388032[/snapback]

right, but just not THOSE pics...

Ok, I feel stupid but this is what I'm currently riding :(

98' Honda Cr80

Fortunately, where I live you can get away with riding these bikes on public street! Next month I'm buying a Renault Megane II with my girlfriend (European cars are very common in South America :) )

post-557-1144275001_thumb.jpg

Rocket Punch, you had to bring that pic up, didn't you?

387965[/snapback]

Well you did say this thread was worthless without pics.

388032[/snapback]

right, but just not THOSE pics...

388035[/snapback]

C'mon, admit it. You love those vans.

Renault is a great company (of course European based only) and are going to extend their lineup in the US through Nissan with the debut of the Versa (to compete with the Yaris and the Fit, if i'm not mistaken it's a five door Megane). Also to my disappointment, i read an article on the Honda Fit and am thoroughly disappointed (has worse amenities than an xA with a higher sticker price of 14,000), stick to the Yaris coupe or the Versa five door (both starting at 12k). The Yaris is the Vitz in Japan which is beyond famous for being a great econo car and the Versa is a Renault (hopefully they'll bring the three door version with the five door) in Europe which carries the same reputation (now if Nissan brings the March that would be the smartest move ever).

The Meganes look friggin cool, and from several reviews that i've read are cheap to maintain and very very reliable.

Dude, don't feel bad. We have some bike riders here, too. Honda bikes run forever, no matter how you run them.

BTW, how good is the Megane? Renault left the U.S. in the mid-1980s, so I don't know much about them.

388077[/snapback]

I don't feel bad but it's funny that everybody is showing such nice cars and I can only share my dirt bike for now :lol:

Here in Argentina 7 or 8 cars out of 10 are European. We drive Fiat, Volkswagen, Citröen, Peugeot, Renault, Audi, BMW, Mercedes and a lot of SUV's being the Grand Cherokee and the Toyota Hilux SW4 the most sold.

Here's the Megane I'm buying.

post-557-1144290047.jpg

It's been said here before [or the old thread, anyway] that cars in pics with scantily-clad women usually are pretty lame on their own merits. I say, true enough. Take this one for example. I'm sure this car sucks.

P056.jpg

No, there really is a car in this pic....honest.