The Mw Automotive Thread Ii

What, don't tell me her face looks funny in this one too? Note how the door is open and the trunklid is conveniently raised, and how you can't see where her hands are. That's so you can't see the death-grip she's most likely got on whatever little fingercracks she can hold on to--cause one thing's fer sure, she sure ain't puttin all her weight on her left foot! The perils of being a car babe. :lol:

2006413104314_brdy3395.jpg

Funny but if you look at a lot of those car-with-chick pics--I mean really study it, objectively--you'll see a large margin of the models actually look like their surroundings and/or posing ought to make them hella uncomfortable...

*edit* someone should have told the wanker in the white tee to get the hell back away from the side of the car--you can see his reflection [cameraman's too] in the rear bumper valence! <_<

Edited by reddsun1

So I've been searching for a used 1990-1992 DSM with turbo and AWD (Eclipse GSX, Talon TSI) for the last 2 months as a beater and possible project car and I can say that they are hard as hell to find. When I do find one, its like a mad scramble before someone picks her up before I can look into it. The nostalgia for it is that it was the first car I ever drove that had any decent ooomph to it after I learned how to drive back then.

The DSM Talon/Eclipse's are so old now that it would require quite a bit of money to make one reliable (forget fast). The GSX's are especially notorious for blown transfer cases and trans axles, i would steer clear of them altogether. If you must have one, then go for a GS-T hardtop because it'll be lighter and you'll have less moving parts to mess with.

The DSM Talon/Eclipse's are so old now that it would require quite a bit of money to make one reliable (forget fast).  The GSX's are especially notorious for blown transfer cases and trans axles, i would steer clear of them altogether.  If you must have one, then go for a GS-T hardtop because it'll be lighter and you'll have less moving parts to mess with.

393562[/snapback]

I may have to go that route seeing that GSXs are hard to find. Just when I thought I found a good local one for a good price, I find out that its an auto.

Did anybody catch the San Marino GP? God, what a great battle between M. Schumacher and Alonso! It was pretty close up until the end when Alonso made a couple of costly mistakes because he was driving like a madman!

I'm glad Ferrari notched their first win this season, but I think Renault has this season pretty much won.

Seems like Super Aguri is going to be fielding 3 cars for practice at Nurburgring. Could the rumors that Ide won't be running the European GP be true?

I kind of feel for the guy. Super Aguri gives these drivers a has-been Arrows chassis and expects them to perform or else?

Super Aguri?

whatever happened to team Red Bull? and did they ever get their own chassis design off the ground? (weren't they supposed to use Cosworth motors too?)

Super Aguri is a new Honda backed team. Apparently Honda pulled a lot of strings to get them on the grid which is why I assume they're really looking for results from Sato and Ide. Sato has had some decent runs this season, but Ide has been all over the place. At Imola he basically ran one of the MF1 Toyotas off the road.

Yeah, Red Bull is running a chassis of their own design. They used Cosworth engines last season but are running Ferrari V8s now (IIRC Red Bull's sister team, Toro Rosso, are using rev-limited Cosworth V10s).

Speaking of Red Bull F1, I think David Coulthard is a piece of sh1t. :)

Word has it that Prodrive will be competing in the 2008 F1 season upping the number of teams to 12. I wonder what kind of engines they'll be using? I applaud the FIA for trying to make the sport cheaper and thus more accessible to privateers.

Yup, it's official: Prodrive is aiming at getting ready to compete in F1 by 2008. Looks like Max Mosley et. al. are looking for something of a return to the era of the privateer teams to spice things up and keep it interesting for the fans? “This is wonderful news for everyone in the company,†said David Richards, chairman

of Prodrive. “We have won World Rally Championships, British Touring Car titles and the GT1 class at Le Mans, and have been saying for some time that we would also like to be in Formula One with our own Prodrive team. We are now one step closer.â€

And now, on to the "the hell is that?" news. The ANTAS V8 GT hearkens back to a bygone era of design trends and styling cues--that perhaps should stay bygone? Looks like the offspring of a drunken orgy between a TVR, a Marcos and a Morgan. :blink: Motivation comes from a Maserati V8 [with 4 Webers no less]. Eccentric cues abound: heart-shaped egg-crate grille; dorsal fin; split windscreen...and rearward vision? Fuhgedabadit! "And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving. Whats-a behind me, is not important."

antas_v8_gt_5.jpg

antas_v8_gt_1.jpg

antas_v8_gt_4.jpg

Yes, it is a shame, really. I forgot to mention the coachwork is all hand worked aluminum. Meaning that an inordinate amount of time, effort and skill went into painstakingly shaping and forming all those panels....and it still came out looking like that? :o

Nice homage to the Bugatti Atlantic on the rear styling.

Some of the styling cues work for me, others don't. Maybe a little to much modern mixed in messes with the feel.

Either way, I certainly applaude the effort. Some of the most soulful and impressive coachwork comes from the cars of the 30s, I wish more designers looked back there for inspiration.

I've been seeing more and more of the new FJs on the road lately. Drove by my local Toyota dealership yesterday and noticed the sticker has them going for $35k! That's like a $10k markup! Some people are crazy. They'll pay that extra money just to be the first person on their block to have the new model car. Hopefully the hype will die down, and thus the price, in a month or so.

I've been seeing more and more of the new FJs on the road lately.  Drove by my local Toyota dealership yesterday and noticed the sticker has them going for $35k!  That's like a $10k markup!  Some people are crazy.  They'll pay that extra money just to be the first person on their block to have the new model car.  Hopefully the hype will die down, and thus the price, in a month or so.

395045[/snapback]

well speaking of Toyotas, i have some interesting news: i just bought my second pickup a couple days ago! this one's a newer model, base version. im lucky to have power brakes! i'll get some pics on monday.

I've been seeing more and more of the new FJs on the road lately.  Drove by my local Toyota dealership yesterday and noticed the sticker has them going for $35k!  That's like a $10k markup!  Some people are crazy.  They'll pay that extra money just to be the first person on their block to have the new model car.  Hopefully the hype will die down, and thus the price, in a month or so.

395045[/snapback]

That's funny...I've only seen at most two FJs on the road - both of them yellow. And a $10K markup? That's even more ridiculous than when the new Ford Mustang GT came out (which was an average of $5,000).

OMG NASCAR Camry! I think they're wearing parkas in Hell right now.

http://insidebayarea.com/business/ci_3722597

He suggested that most young Americans, asked their favorite car companies, now would mention Toyota. He said Toyota has had a long-term strategy of being accepted like an American company, hitting another milestone in American assimilation this year with the announcement that a NASCAR edition of Camry will begin racing next year in the Nextel Cup, America's top stock-car series.

I'll root for the Big T, but I still won't watch NASCAR. :p

Interesting. At first, I was surprised they went with the Camry nameplate instead of the "Solara," since that's their coupe model; then again, the Camry is a much more well known model name and identifiable with Toyota. After all, how many people say "Toyota Camry" any more? It's just synonymous with with the brand.

Meh, none of them look a godd--n thing like their corporate namesakes, anyway...

National Ass'n of Silhouette Car Auto Racing

Interesting.  At first, I was surprised they went with the Camry nameplate instead of the "Solara," since that's their coupe model; then again, the Camry is a much more well known model name and identifiable with Toyota.  After all, how many people say "Toyota Camry" any more?  It's just synonymous with with the brand. 

Meh, none of them look a godd--n thing like their corporate namesakes, anyway...

National Ass'n of Silhouette Car Auto Racing

395662[/snapback]

not even the silhouette is the same anymore...the body will from here on out will be based on a Chevorlet. no wonder why Ford is thinking about pulling out... >:-p this is why i like rally racing, drifting, and road racing: at least they use production-Based bodies.