Where To Go For After Thanksgiving Sale?

hi guys just wanted to ask if anyone knows whats suppose to be on sale at certian places maybe do the buying today and recipt adjustment after the sale :p I'm mostly looking for what places to go for video games.

from Rich

I only shop online if its any media or electronics.  I just won't wait in line, I am too awesome for that.

347062[/snapback]

Woulda been fun to see you shove them crazy shopping women outta the way. :D

347087[/snapback]

Last year I was in a croud in front if Neiman Marcus, and this short woman was in front of me. She was short so her head was at chest level, I poped my right pec and it actually hit her in the head (the thing jumps up about 1.5 inches), she just truned and stared at me with her mouth open. My GF was next to me and she didn't even see it as it was so crouded, she just wondered why this woman was just staring at me.

I can't stand people or crowds, even though I've seen some good deals advertised ($997 for a 42" plasma, $8 for Greatest/Platinum Hits PS2 and Xbox games, etc). I'm not really a morning person anyway. Since I don't work until 2:00, I don't plan on hauling my ass out of bed before 10:00.

On the other hand, my local Wal-Mart is doing a "You Snooze You Loose" sale from midnight to 4:00am. Since the crazies will have gone to bed to get an early start, and since it was only advertised in store, I don't think it'll be too nuts then, and I'm usually up that late anyway. I'm going to go check it out, since they're saying a lot of stuff is going to be half off.

So, we hate people and crowds huh? The bitter irony is that we're both Managers in the retail/service industry. I suppose if I knew what I was trying to get a good deal on I might be able to stomach the vomitous masses...

I will never try a door buster after thanksgiving sale ever again. Except Kohl's.

Took me 2 hours to get through Best Buy. Never again. Not worth the aggravation and the chaos. I got there as they opened at 5. I almost strangled a blue shirt. My brother went with me and commented that was the fall of humanity. :lol: I passed by Circuit City about 7:30 and the line somehow was still outside. I have no idea why, but I didn't stay to find out.

Kohl's worked ok though. The line moved quickly. Lots of good deals.

from what I heard, best buys had the small canon digi cam at 5 mpx for only 140

!!! But that sold out hella quick. I avoided all that mess. I hate long lines and I hate waiting in them. And I really hate dealing with crowded shopping areas.

There were riots at Wal-Marts across the nation over the low priced items that they were featuring. One in particular was some sort of laptop for $300 or something. Craziness, I tell you...

I went for the very first time for Black Friday, tired to get up at 4a.m., but due to an alarm clock problem got at up at 5:30a.m. instead, had to rush to Circuit City for some DVD & PS2 games for gifts and whaddayaknow, the majority were gone in like 1 hours, did manage to get some remianing games in the bins (4 games left, only two titles to choose from) and the DVDs available were freaking full-screen only. Ended up getting the couple games, some DVDs and the basic Palm Pilot after waiting in line for 40 minutes since the huge lines ended up at cashiers where they had to hand code the UPC into the registers since not all of them had the scanner guns. Ridiculous, only Circuit City. Went ot Target, no lines. Went to Gamestop, was third in line at the door, got my two Metal Gear Solid 3 for $10 a pop and went home.

Friday morning I drove by a Wal-Mart just to see when they opened, and I saw something that easily made the morning of the 360 debut seem like nothing: a line, as far as the eye could see, of people in sleeping bags and lawn chairs waiting no less than 6 hours before opening....Craziness!

In Iowa during winter no less! That is something else, to be sure. I guess Californians aren't as hardcore when it comes to bargain hunting...

To camp out waiting to get into a damn WAL-MART, you must have a serious screw loose.

I would rather pay more and not mess with that chaos ever again. Best buy was a truly sad sight. The lengths people go through for a SALE is nuts. Fighting, pushing, mowing people over. Camping out in the cold for 8 hours to save a couple hundred bucks on crap.

The really good stuff at best buy was gone in 15 minutes.

What IS Wal Mart?  Do they sell walls there?

348376[/snapback]

:lol: Nice.

To camp out waiting to get into a damn WAL-MART, you must have a serious screw loose.

I would rather pay more and not mess with that chaos ever again.  Best buy was a truly sad sight.  The lengths people go through for a SALE is nuts.  Fighting, pushing, mowing people over.  Camping out in the cold for 8 hours to save a couple hundred bucks on crap. 

The really good stuff at best buy was gone in 15 minutes.

348369[/snapback]

Not that it matters now, but stuff like what?

I have no idea what was on sale at Wal-mart. I didn't check out their sales and I refuse to step foot in there anymore.

People camped out at best buy for a 380 dollar laptop, a lot of tv deals, and more cheap computers. They had a pretty wide array of sales but the really good deals were the ones the first people in line snatched up entirely. The $40 mp3 player was gone in 15 minutes.

I remember last year going to Bestbuys after thanksgiving with a friend during our lunch hour.........we were 30 minutes late coming back with hardly anything in hand....cause there wasn't much left and the lines were circling around the store 3 times over.

My folks pretty much went to clothing stores for their family and for me.....man you would not believe the many bags of socks and underware that are in the house.

They did all their Techno shoping online...supposively I got a few items which will "pee my pants".......and the funny thing is they said its items I've been bitching for the last few months, yet I can't remember what they are I bitch alot afterall I HAVE NO JOB!

No job? What, 'ja get fired like me? Well, there'll be a point in life when you'll be thankful for any socks or underwear that you get. It's funny, but most of the time I really, really want something and I don't receive it in the near future I usually end up forgetting about it.