FMP:The Second Raid

I'm not sure if this is right, but I just finished Episode 12 and at the previews translation, it said last episode.....that sure as hell doesn't make any sense......they're just getting to the good part of this story and they're calling it quits? I hope that's wrong : /

Wow, great to see a FMP-TSR thread here too!

I've got the 12th episode but haven't seen it (leaving to a comic/toy convention in 3 minutes after eating my eggos).

***SPOILER***

DONT READ QUOTES IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN

Well it looks like Sousuke is on some crazy emo trip.  I mean he just takes off and goes AWOL.  Meanwhile, some crazy semi bald headed dude is going rampant.  I really wonder how all the characters will play out.  The captain's brother, Leonard, or whatever his name is, seems like a pretty mysterious dude.

Meh, I wasn't all that happy with the last two episodes, but at least it did show some character development.

I'm not sure if this is right, but I just finished Episode 12 and at the previews translation, it said last episode.....that sure as hell doesn't make any sense......they're just getting to the good part of this story and they're calling it quits?  I hope that's wrong :  /

337093[/snapback]

shoot, after reading your post, I watched the preview and yes, they do say next will be the final episode...-sigh- :(

I know! If that's true what bullcrap and big waste of our time! We were introduced to a few new characters over the last 4 episodes and this is how we're suppose to enjoy?! WITH 13 EPISODES?! K'mon! What a huge waste of our time if this is true!

I wanted to see Chidori again, and Tessterossa's brother being the final enemy! And a grand fight between Sousuke and that jackass execution leader!

I'm not sure if this is right, but I just finished Episode 12 and at the previews translation, it said last episode.....that sure as hell doesn't make any sense......they're just getting to the good part of this story and they're calling it quits?  I hope that's wrong :  /

337093[/snapback]

shoot, after reading your post, I watched the preview and yes, they do say next will be the final episode...-sigh- :(

337097[/snapback]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sorry, got a little carried away. :(

Man, this is gonna be like on an extreme caffeine high. First they take you up, way way up. Then they drop you down without so much as a wink.

Edited by Project Phoenix

Well, the reason is, TSR only animated one of the three or four follow on novels to the original FMP. Heck, FMP is still going with Sigma...as in the comics/novel, so yeah.

Even if you're totally up to date with the comics/novel the question of who and what Leonard will not have been answered yet. Same goes for what Amalgam is, etc etc.

I don't mind them doing this...short but very, very sweet vs something like Destiny that was just...*hurls*

I do have a feeling it will be the last episode for TSR since it's showing at 12:15 AM Japan Local Time.  Normally they show it at 12:00 AM midnight.  It must probably be shifted for a different time slot since it *might* be an extended episode. 

Check it here.

337159[/snapback]

Ouch, that hurts. I hate 13-episode series. The FMP anime series always mess around with the manga arcs. Most of Fumoffu are just side stories or highschool stories that appear every now and then in the regular manga. This was just getting really really good - except that all the people in Hong Kong were voiced by Japanese voice actors and none of them can speak cantonese properly.

I know! If that's true what bullcrap and big waste of our time! We were introduced to a few new characters over the last 4 episodes and this is how we're suppose to enjoy?! WITH 13 EPISODES?!  K'mon! What a huge waste of our time if this is true!

I wanted to see Chidori again, and Tessterossa's brother being the final enemy! And a grand fight between Sousuke and that jackass execution leader!

337098[/snapback]

I get the feeling that this series is going to be the 0083 of FMP, bringing complete closure to the past history and opening up the future.

Except they've actually made them in order this time. :p

Either way, this has been one hell of a series. Better even then the first one in my eyes. If they can top this with an FMP equivalent of Zeta then it will be one hell of an acheivement.

Right now though I just want to see the last episode...

I'm through episode 12 on the series, eagerly awaiting the last one!

The two girl assasins just plain rocked with that cold sense of cruelty and heartlessness to others, juxtaposed with a warmth and tenderness in regards to each other. The ultimate yin and yang, all wrapped up into one. I have gone back and rewatched those episodes with them in it again and again

Just saw the finale. Considering how well the series built up everything... I felt this episode was a let down.

The battle had a lot of potential to be good, but it wasn't handled to well. For such a hardcore "extermination" squad, they all went down pretty easily.

Just saw the finale. Considering how well the series built up everything... I felt this episode was a let down.

The battle had a lot of potential to be good, but it wasn't handled to well. For such a hardcore "extermination" squad, they all went down pretty easily.

338915[/snapback]

There was only so much they could do with only one episode left. It should've been an hour long episode at the least if they were going to do that. But this is a classic syndrome. You knew Sousuke was going to be pretty much invincible anyway once he figured out the Lamba driver - which I still don't get. What did he solve? Finding his "uselessness?" Confidence in his only being human? I find I could care less about the AS battles anymore. They are too predictable in this series. The promise in this series was finally getting genuine military mecha that were realistic, but now that there is the Lamba driver, this is just another robot show.

All I can say is poor Tessa. They are just postponing her getting her heart broken in another series.

338915[/snapback]

There was only so much they could do with only one episode left. It should've been an hour long episode at the least if they were going to do that. But this is a classic syndrome. You knew Sousuke was going to be pretty much invincible anyway once he figured out the Lamba driver - which I still don't get. What did he solve? Finding his "uselessness?" Confidence in his only being human? I find I could care less about the AS battles anymore. They are too predictable in this series. The promise in this series was finally getting genuine military mecha that were realistic, but now that there is the Lamba driver, this is just another robot show.

All I can say is poor Tessa. They are just postponing her getting her heart broken in another series.

338950[/snapback]

I knew Sosuke was going to be pretty much invincible, I just expected the Venoms to put up more of a fight. The first one for example, it didn't even move... it just stood there and got destroyed.

As for the Lambda Driver, I really didn't mind it at first. It was a device that could only be utilized with extreme circumstances. That was before... now though, it just seems like something you can turn on with the flick of a switch.

Another thing that disappointed me was Chidori appearing in HK. I think the end would have been better if Sosuke had gone to Tokyo and saw her there alive for himself. As for how Sosuke would have gotten his spirit back, well, he could have simply thought of what Chidori would have said/done to him if she saw him like that. Just like in the series, only she's in Sosuke's mind... not actually there :p

Edited by haro genki

I manage to find a brief review:

http://www.geocities.jp/hetare_d_max/galle...MPTSR_ASC1.html

I know I shouldn't have too much hope for a 600yen trading figure, but damn they look poor compare to my macross figs.

340359[/snapback]

I don't think these are the same ones. The ones from HLJ are 6,000yen a pop

But jeez... the paintjob on that Arbalest is really poor :blink:

Maybe I have low standards but they lookok for 600yen each. They're the only AS figures out there, they have articulation and swappable weapons and you get 10 for 6000yen.

They'll do me just fine untill one of the bigger boys finally sees some profit in these designs.

340399[/snapback]

And that means more money go out the door. I dunno. I think the paint jobs are alright. I rather have them all. Too bad they dont have the AS from other countries like the US, Soviet bloc, JDF, etc.

Well there's a RK Savage in the second series so they haven't completley ignored the lesser AS. And while the second series inculdes an Arbalest varient and the stealth M9 I think there's still enough other Mithril varients to make up a third collection with the ones you mentioned.

Translucent active ECS M9's anyone?

edit: A teeney bit of digging turned up this page from Atlieri Sai's own site showing the series two figures from a few different angles each,

http://www.atsai.co.jp/arthobby/page041.html

I love the "in action" Arbalest but is that the Arbalest again in the flight pack?

I can't quite tell.

edit2: I just translated the page with Altavista and it has this to say about the flight pack,

"- The urgent development booster (AS has not belonged.)

* This docks 1st feature arbor rest, M9, 2nd feature ファルケ! !"

I don't want to get my hopes up but that sounds quite promising. :D

Edited by Fort Max

• 4 weeks later...

The new Tessa figure from Atelier-Sai is HOT.

A bit past the ecchi limit of what I can get away with though.

You can get her with either white or pink underwear.

post-514-1133389387_thumb.jpgpost-514-1133389412_thumb.jpg

Just how big are these things anyway? From pictures I think they are about gashapon sized.

346206[/snapback]

They are gashpon sized. I just the first collection recently. Now I wish the would have regular figs of Tess, Chidora, Sosuke, Kurtz, and all the characters. I do not want the girls in revealing outfits. That is just getting lame. As much as I like Tess, her undressing and seeing her in different color panties just doesnt seem right... I am surpris1ed we dont see that on Macross like Minmay, Misa, Bridge Bunnies, etc. :rolleyes:

A regular Captain's Uniform Tessa figure would be very nice to have.

Speaking of which, I've yet to find if Bandai or any other companies have started to come out with FMP model kits of the Arm Slaves. I'm not so much interested in the trading figures- gashpon, but prefer more articulated and to scale figrues. I'm sort of surprised that it's been technically three seaons now (including Fumoffu) that I've yet to find a model kit. Arbalest come baby come.

Speaking of which, I've yet to find if Bandai or any other companies have started to come out with FMP model kits of the Arm Slaves.  I'm not so much interested in the trading figures- gashpon, but prefer more articulated and to scale figrues.  I'm sort of surprised that it's been technically three seaons now (including Fumoffu) that I've yet to find a model kit.  Arbalest come baby come.

348710[/snapback]

I heard a rumor that Wave TALKED about doing plastic kits... but this was months ago, and in a IRC channel, so it's probably just hopeful speculation on someone's part. <_<

And those Chidori and Tessa figures are AMAZING (above pic), any idea where these can be obtained? :p

Speaking of which, I've yet to find if Bandai or any other companies have started to come out with FMP model kits of the Arm Slaves.  I'm not so much interested in the trading figures- gashpon, but prefer more articulated and to scale figrues.  I'm sort of surprised that it's been technically three seaons now (including Fumoffu) that I've yet to find a model kit.  Arbalest come baby come.

348710[/snapback]

I heard a rumor that Wave TALKED about doing plastic kits... but this was months ago, and in a IRC channel, so it's probably just hopeful speculation on someone's part. <_<

And those Chidori and Tessa figures are AMAZING (above pic), any idea where these can be obtained? :p

348721[/snapback]

Its funny how little merchandise for GONZO stuff there are out there up until recently. Maybe cause FMPF ain't gonzo?

Those Chidori and Tessa figs won't be out until May next year. Will inform you guys as i get more info about manufacturer etc.