Bandai 1/55

Agent-GHQ

Hello fellow Macross Fans!

I'm very new here and the questions that I have may already been covered. Still, i'm just curious if anyone happen to know whether Bandai will reissue the 1/55 Strike Valkyrie, Elintseeker, and Superostrich? Eventhough I think the 1/48 are kool and unique in its own way, i'm still very much infatuated with the old school 1/55. Your replies and comments will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Hope to hear from you soon my fellow Macross fans!

Ryver--

Some of us were holding out hope for Bandai to re-release them for the DYRL (movie) anniversary. But, it looks like those who pointed out that Bandai let their Macross license lapse were correct. Because. . . well. . . nothing happened.

Your best bet is to regularly scout eBay and/or MW's own For Sale Section for the originals. :(

Best Regards,

H

Since Bandai (Macross 0) is advertising Yamato toys on its own site. It is unlikely that Bandai will reissue those toys. Bandai and Yamato probably agreed to certain terms.

Ex: Bandai will release Macross 0 and Yamato will release toys from the series, rahter than compete.

of course do not let what ecveryone says influence you al the way. after all noone knew bandai would reissue the valks back in 01, in fact noone knew till toyboxdx broke the news!!!

None of us is a bandai insider sadly so this info will subside till they do another release...IF they do another one.

bandai visual has nothing to do with yamato toys, bandai visual and bandai toys are totally differnet parts of the same giant.

Hello everyone! Thanks so much for your feedback. It is sad to say that at this point, no confirmed rereleases of the Bandai 1/55 from the DYRL series. But yeah, since no one works for Bandai that can confirm the releases, i'll just keep on dreaming until that day come. Like the saying goes; "Wishful Thinking."

I somehow feel that the reissue had a good sale. If only they started off with the Strike Valk, Super Ostrich, and Elintseeker. I'm pretty sure it will sale faster than a brush fire. Doesn't Bandai know that there's a demand for the old school 1/55 DYRL series.

By the way, Graham are you the man in charge of MW? And where is this site located? Is it a small business or personal kind of gig? I was just curious. Thanks for your help.

Some of us were holding out hope for Bandai to re-release them for the DYRL (movie) anniversary. But, it looks like those who pointed out that Bandai let their Macross license lapse were correct. Because. . . well. . . nothing happened.

Eh... there's still no proof that Bandai has let their Macross license expire. If Yamato can't touch M7 due to Bandai's rights, I'd imagine that's a pretty good indication that Bandai doesn't sign short contracts. That and the 10 year gap or so between the most current reissues and the one before.

I think it's an economics thing. They reissued but the market was flooded and the product didn't yield the returns they wanted.

I still say they could make smaller runs and charge a higher MSRP and have a better profit margin. There are still enough collectors to justify the release and the "limited edition-ness" would probably get them better sales anyway.

I know I'd pay a few bones more to complete my reissue collection. But I'd also expect them to release a GBP-1 while they're at it.

Eh... there's still no proof that Bandai has let their Macross license expire.  If Yamato can't touch M7 due to Bandai's rights, I'd imagine that's a pretty good indication that Bandai doesn't sign short contracts.  That and the 10 year gap or so between the most current reissues and the one before.

My recollection of the arguments regarding Bandai's Macross license is probably a bit fuzzy. I thought there were some reasonably compelling arguments for Bandai having let the license lapse. I was one of the people arguing/hoping for the other side. . . that Bandai was just letting it "hibernate."

You're correct though, Bandai's lack of further 1/55 re-releases doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

I guess I should have just said that, to me, this tends to swing the pendulum a little farther towards the "expired license" side.

Best Regards,

H

lets put it this way. GGraham was close to yamato. NOONE HERE WAS EVER CLOSE TO BANDAI! like Is aid before none of us even knew bandai was going to reissue the hikaru 1J until release was only a handful of months away. With that in mind I am sure even now none of us know what the hell bandai is doing with the licenses. I imagine the molds took some expensive restoration work and all. After all they had not been used since the mid 80s(not counting 90s reissue because parts changed and head mold was new).

I am thinking bandai will reissue the bandai valks once yamato bores the market and decides to go on a temporary macross hiatus. Either that or yamato will do other things with NON VF-1 valsk which at that point bandai will reissue the good schtuff we all want.

Old toys reissued DO sell well.....after all look at alll that popy and the chogokin stuff bandai gives out. That isnt the issue though, its all about timing.

THe time ahead when we say "man those 1/48s ruled!!...but man bandai still....."

yea i think thats when they wil reissue. I mean we all know they wouldnt be that stupid to wrek the molds now.

My recollection of the arguments regarding Bandai's Macross license is probably a bit fuzzy. I thought there were some reasonably compelling arguments for Bandai having let the license lapse. I was one of the people arguing/hoping for the other side. . . that Bandai was just letting it "hibernate."

Basically, no one knows anything about what goes on deep inside the heart of Bandai's underground bunker. We never knew what 1/55 was coming next... if a another 1/55 was coming... even the Max & Millia shortruns we didn't find out about until dealers were unable to fill all of their preorders. That, I remember very well. <_<

I never heard any good evidence as to why the rumor about Bandai letting the Macross license expire could be true. It was one of those, "well a guy who works in a toystore told me cousin's uncle's co-worker that it's totally true!" kinda things.

I mean, as fans, we're completely in the dark w/ Bandai regarding what toys are coming, etc - then all of sudden, we're supposed to have reliable word about their licensing? Seems suspect.

Of course, like any other license debate there's no real way to prove or disprove anything. It just seems unlikely to me that Bandai would let a license go. Halt production on reissues? Sure. Quit licensing a show that they've licensed for 20 years? Nah.

They may or may not release anything for 20 years... but that doesn't mean they don't have the license to do so, should they choose to.

For the record, this is a rational discussion, not any kind of argument.

At the MW Con there were prototypes to what Bandai had planned for the 1/55s as part of xstoy's collection before they decided to scrap the whole macross deal due to oversaturation. Bandai came back too late in the game. If they would have done it a couple of years before, they would have made a killing and would probably still be in the game a few years more.

Did you guys see the 1/55 Tomahawk Destroid proto? There were other things in display that could be of interest.

That 1/55 Tomahawk Destroid souds awesome. Do you happen to know where I can get a picture of it?

Also, wouldn't the re-releases of the VF-1S Strike Valk, Super Ostrich, and Elint Seeker (1/55) sell like the other reissues? I'm pretty sure fans out there will pick a few of there own.

Would anyone happen to know where we as Macross fans can persuade or convince Bandai to re-release the above Valkyries? Like a petition showing Bandai that fans are willing to buy if made. Kind of like a preorder thing that can be used as collateral.

Ahh....the 1/55 Valkyries!