Identify a cell

robokochan

Hello all,

I was in Osaka City today and happened to come across a shop i had not been in. they had alot of cells. Anyway one caught my eye and i just need to double check it.

Is this Lynn Minmay? And if not then who cause it sure does look like her.

Rob

i cannot tell. alot of anime characters look alike from that close i was also thinking Fujiko from Lupin the III :unsure: but i am not sure

chris

Hello all,

I was in Osaka City today and happened to come across a shop i had not been in.  they had alot of cells.  Anyway one caught my eye and i just need to double check it.

Is this Lynn Minmay?  And if not then who cause it sure does look like her.

Rob

I don't believe it's her (compared to Mikimoto's design of her, the nose is too pointy, the bangs are the wrong shape, and the highlights in her eyes are too uniform and close together), unless it was drawn by somebody at Anime Friend (in which case, do you really want to buy this cel ;) ?)

If it's less than USD$200 or not even labeled as a Macross cel, caveat emptor

Thanks for all the responses! I took it today to one of my Japanese friends who is sort of a cell expert. He basically said it is a 90% chance it is her. he also said it looks as though it was at a photoshoot....and he said I got lucky. Now I just have to rewatch Macross TV and find out where it is....can you say needle in a haystack.

And as soon as I find out all the info...as with all of my items I will sell it. That is if I can. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...