Need help identifying this...

Thistlenote

Howdy!

First time poster, long time lurker. :D I'm hoping someone here can help me identify just what it is I own here. About 4 years ago, I was in Japan and picked up this set of Macross cels. They're apparently part of a 100 print run, as mine are numbered 21/100. I'm not sure who the artist is as I can't read a lick of Japanese. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thank you!

-Ronn

This is one of the cels, with its box, certificate and a leaflet that appears to be hanging instructions:

Rick-all-800.jpg

This is a close-up of the certificate:

Cert-800.jpg

Close-up of Hikaru

Rick-800.jpg

Close-up of Minmei:

Minmei-800.jpg

Edit: My apologies if this is the wrong forum. I didn't see one dedicated to non-toy collectibles or cel art.

Edited by Thistlenote

This link might explain a little bit to tell you what you have

http://www.alohaanime.com/macrosslimitedcel.html

I saw these going for about $450 (for the pair) at AX from this place. This will give you an idea of what they might be worth.

Of course if you don't want them any more I'd happily take them off your hands! :lol:;)

Seriously though, nice find when you were in Japan! :o:D

Wow, thanks for all of the replies. I found it amusing that the cels pictured in that link are numbered 22/100, just one higher than mine. I'm not trying to sell them at this time, was just curious about them. I'm about to buy my first house though, so I may have to seriously consider it in the near future.

Thanks again!

-Ronn

Wow, thanks for all of the replies. I found it amusing that the cels pictured in that link are numbered 22/100, just one higher than mine. I'm not trying to sell them at this time, was just curious about them. I'm about to buy my first house though, so I may have to seriously consider it in the near future.

Thanks again!

-Ronn

hey, if you consider selling it or trading it, let me know!!! Thanx! :p:D:lol:

Wow, thanks for all of the replies.  I found it amusing that the cels pictured in that link are numbered 22/100, just one higher than mine.  I'm not trying to sell them at this time, was just curious about them.  I'm about to buy my first house though, so I may have to seriously consider it in the near future.

Thanks again!

-Ronn

I couldn't afford something like that.

Anyway, Great Find! :)

Looks like Bobe-Patt is up to his old ways again!!! Let me modify that, up to his new ways...

"if you consider SELLING it or TRADING it"

The old way would have just been TRADING it... :p

hey, if you consider selling it or trading it, let me know!!! Thanx!  :p  :D  :lol:

Looks like Bobe-Patt is up to his old ways again!!! Let me modify that, up to his new ways...

"if you consider SELLING it or TRADING it"

The old way would have just been TRADING it... :p

hahaha, good ol tony quick to reference my ways! :p:D:lol:

I like that one of Minmay.

I dunno... Minmay's got some meaty paws there. :)

Also, why the hell is she holding a tatty piece of paper with scribbling on it?

Anyone remember DYRL, when they actually bothered to write the lyrics on the piece of paper that Minmay holds?

Man, looking at this kind of shoddy work just proves how even in this day and age DYRL is still amazing. CG my ass.